Lasik Eye Surgery

Driven

(edited)

Scary sia, if i have floaters meaning i might have flashes in future?!

doctor here can correct me if I am wrong.

damaged/weakened tissue behind our retina slowly/gradually peel off over times. it can be due to ageing/medication etc. such peeled tissue float around that why it is call floater. It like strung of hair floating. Why black this I don't know.

So if there are excessive floater or flashes one must be very careful. go see a doctor.

me a lay men talk. don't flame me.

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

I got go eye checkup once a year, hopefully can detect any eye problems. And hopefully eye flashes doesnt suddenly appear within the year before my next eyes checkup.

Supersonic

I got go eye checkup once a year, hopefully can detect any eye problems. And hopefully eye flashes doesnt suddenly appear within the year before my next eyes checkup.

How much is your yearly eye check up?

this what the doc told me.

aging/ excess useage of antibioic eye drop/medication/eye infection etc..might result in floaters over times.

the nec doctor told me. flashes might result in detachment which mean blindness. don't play play. Go see a eye doctor immediately if you experienced flashes. Or you noticed excessive increase in floaters. There are tests to check for detachment.

Oh! I didn't know anything about floaters and flashes. Something new to me. Thanks for sharing.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Oh! I didn't know anything about floaters and flashes. Something new to me. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe you are still very young, so never thought of such thing or have such thing.

Sooner I will experience these cos I am already experiencing 老花。。Think my knee will start to ache in few years time.

I'll watch out for floaters and flashes in future.

• Praise 3

Good morning bro.  Good to have your eyes check once a year.  The Eye Doctor gave me a book written by him and now I realised that eyes really need to take care especially when we are getting old.  

Eye floaters is suddenly apprear, they are like flying files or bubble dots moving in your field of vision.  Flashes are the illusion of flashing lights or lightning streaks. Floaters are more obvious when you are out in bright sunlight or looking at a white background. 

Flashes are only a matter of concern if the degenerated vitreous pulls away from the retina and tears it. This causes a little bleeding in the eye, and may appear as a group of new floaters. Severe retinal tearing may develop into retinal detachment, causing vision loss. It is important to see a eye doctor when you see a sudden onset of many new floaters or flashes.

Do take care of your eyes.

Have a nice day!

• Praise 6

Good morning bro. Good to have your eyes check once a year. The Eye Doctor gave me a book written by him and now I realised that eyes really need to take care especially when we are getting old.

Eye floaters is suddenly apprear, they are like flying files or bubble dots moving in your field of vision.

Flashes are the illusion of flashing lights or lightning streaks. Floaters are more obvious when you are out in bright sunlight or looking at a white background.

F

lashes are only a matter of concern if the degenerated vitreous pulls away from the retina and tears it. This causes a little bleeding in the eye, and may appear as a group of new floaters. Severe retinal tearing may develop into retinal detachment

, causing vision loss. It is important to see a eye doctor when you see a sudden onset of many new floaters or flashes.

Have a nice day!

good morning.

Supersonic

Good morning bro.  Good to have your eyes check once a year.  The Eye Doctor gave me a book written by him and now I realised that eyes really need to take care especially when we are getting old.  

Eye floaters is suddenly apprear, they are like flying files or bubble dots moving in your field of vision.  Flashes are the illusion of flashing lights or lightning streaks. Floaters are more obvious when you are out in bright sunlight or looking at a white background. 

Flashes are only a matter of concern if the degenerated vitreous pulls away from the retina and tears it. This causes a little bleeding in the eye, and may appear as a group of new floaters. Severe retinal tearing may develop into retinal detachment, causing vision loss. It is important to see a eye doctor when you see a sudden onset of many new floaters or flashes.

Have a nice day!

Maybe i am over paranoid, even i go for eyes check once a year but still scare my eyes might have problem within that year, esp sometimes i feel like my eyes a bit blur and discomfort, then rub rub ok liao. Lol.

Supersonic

Usually floaters look like strung of hair floating de, although some might see other pattern of floater. Or some other colour of floater.

By right èè± should experience from 40 year old de, but some people got it before 40s. But floaters nothing to do with èè±, some people got floater but no èè±. If you have lots of floaters, eye doctor can also check and know de.

dont so bad reveal @dleodleo age leh... :XD:
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

dont so bad reveal @dleodleo age leh... :XD:

Aiya, maybe he is still very young who have 老花 le?!  :D  Nowadays having 老花 doesnt mean you are old.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

i have floaters since maybe 12 yrs old. they are like tadpoles swimming in your eyes right?

i believe these are scratches in your lens. nothing serious i hope. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

i have floaters since maybe 12 yrs old. they are like tadpoles swimming in your eyes right?

Are you sure you have floaters at the age of 12 year old?  :o

Supersonic

please go see a doctor -_-

Turbocharged

Are you sure you have floaters at the age of 12 year old?  :o

that is my discription of what i 'see' through my eyes. the floaters will 'swim as youmove your iris' i believe they are minor and didn't acffect me. but i may do a thorough check just to be sure. 

↡ Advertisement