Opel Zafira 1.8, any review?

Theman

Hi bro,

Since this forum is dominated mainly by Jap car owner, I am just interested to find out is there any Open Zafira owner, care to share your reveiw? such as FC, etc.

Actuall initially aiming for Honda Stream, but the Stream price keep rising is almost the conti price now, and now think is running a promotion on Zafira, i am quite tempted now, but just that worry about the fuel consumption, coz traditioanlly conti car is more thirsty.

thanks in advace... :)

↡ Advertisement

My zaf FC is around 8.5km/l...almost 100% city driving. I think the FC will not be as good as Stream...cos of weight.

Built quality and ride wise, zaf is better than Stream. Stream should have better pickup.

Edited by Silver_blade

wow, 8.5KM/L is very poor tot [sweatdrop] , some people claimed stream can get 12km/l, for me i think I am 60% city and 40% HW

One of my kaki drives this model [nod][nod][nod]

Servicing is quite Ex should it is done at the agent's workshop according to my Kaki [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

After his warranty end, went to CK Motor which is cheaper as compared [nod]

thanks for info bro, now i think they are givign a 3 years free servicing, btu not sure is only labour or wat lah)...

Hi bro,

Since this forum is dominated mainly by Jap car owner, I am just interested to find out is there any Open Zafira owner, care to share your reveiw? such as FC, etc.

Actuall initially aiming for Honda Stream, but the Stream price keep rising is almost the conti price now, and now think is running a promotion on Zafira, i am quite tempted now, but just that worry about the fuel consumption, coz traditioanlly conti car is more thirsty.

thanks in advace... :)

Hi, got a chance to drive this Zafira around a few times. Uncle owns this ride. He commented he got the same FC as his previous sunny, est 10km/l. He is a pretty heavy-footed.

I feel the pick-up reasonably for this car. Very continental feel (heavy + stable feel). Highway cruising is good. There is a 'power' switch thingy on the dashboard. I rem the car feels somehow more powerful when activated. What i dont really fancy is the gearbox. cos its a MTA if im not wrong and need to release the acc whenever u wan it to upshift. Personally feel the ride pretty jerky when it shifts from 1st to 2nd. Its a personal preference anyways.

Have travelled with him on the NS highway with him before. He drove the Zafira and me in another car. Could see him cruising and overtaking with much ease (of cos Stream can do that too)

He commented the car felt so stable on the NSH.

just my personal opinions for your considerations.

wow, 8.5KM/L is very poor tot [sweatdrop] , some people claimed stream can get 12km/l, for me i think I am 60% city and 40% HW
That's b'cos I'm driving almost 100% in the city. Drive any car in such condition also will be bad FC compare to when travelling more on e'way. [;)][;)][;)]

For you, 60% city and 40% HW....+ light footed. You will get around 9.5km/l-10.5km/l.

btw, i'm quite heavy footed. [;)][;)][;)]

Edited by Silver_blade

just called the opel showroom, curretly is selling $82888 (good no.tot), the $78888 is the demo car, but i think it is still a reasonable comparison between Stream RSZ $80XXX and Zafira $82888.

thanks for the valauble review, if the FC is almost the same as Stream, i think i will go for Zafira.

but if only 10KM/L, I think is quite difficult for me to decide :(

That's quite a good price. Check the OMV.... it should be quite a bit higher than the RSZ.

Actually, the demo unit may be quite a good deal too...if you can ask for a lower price. I think all their demo car come with free servicing too. I know someone currently driving a demo unit.....4yrs...no problem at all.

I'm not sure how many stream owners actually hit 12km/l? Are they driving under the same condition as you?

I feel the diff in FC shouldn't be too much. Actually the diff between 10km/l and 12km/l is not too much....if you clock average mileage.

Edited by Silver_blade

I mean Agent to Agent [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Of course Conti is slightly Ex as compared to Jap's counterpart [gossip][gossip][gossip]

unless the kah motor website gives me a wrong price but I think their servicing package compared to the opel is more expensive... 277 for stream vs 244 for a zafira.

↡ Advertisement