Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
154 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

Theman
  • Theman
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi bro,

Since this forum is dominated mainly by Jap car owner, I am just interested to find out is there any Open Zafira owner, care to share your reveiw? such as FC, etc.

Actuall initially aiming for Honda Stream, but the Stream price keep rising is almost the conti price now, and now think is running a promotion on Zafira, i am quite tempted now, but just that worry about the fuel consumption, coz traditioanlly conti car is more thirsty.

thanks in advace... :)

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:43 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My zaf FC is around 8.5km/l...almost 100% city driving. I think the FC will not be as good as Stream...cos of weight.

Built quality and ride wise, zaf is better than Stream. Stream should have better pickup.

Edited by Silver_blade, 13 October 2008 - 02:45 PM.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:53 PM

Theman
  • Theman
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

wow, 8.5KM/L is very poor tot sweatdrop.gif , some people claimed stream can get 12km/l, for me i think I am 60% city and 40% HW

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

Mzrmazda3
  • Premium member
    Mzrmazda3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

One of my kaki drives this model nod.gif nod.gif nod.gif

Servicing is quite Ex should it is done at the agent's workshop according to my Kaki sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif

After his warranty end, went to CK Motor which is cheaper as compared nod.gif

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:57 PM

Theman
  • Theman
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

thanks for info bro, now i think they are givign a 3 years free servicing, btu not sure is only labour or wat lah)...

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:02 PM

Mzrmazda3
  • Premium member
    Mzrmazda3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

3 Years Free Servicing is thumbsup.gif

My Kaki got his at 83K think about 2 years back smile.gif

The interior & material used is indeed much thumbsup.gif as compared to Jap brands nod.gif nod.gif nod.gif

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:26 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

eh.... ex as in compared to what?

agent to agent or agent to outside workshop?

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:26 PM

Weesern
  • Premium member
    Weesern
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

test driven both before, dun like to lightness of stream's steering. Zafira is definitely heavier.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:27 PM

Mzrmazda3
  • Premium member
    Mzrmazda3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I mean Agent to Agent laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Of course Conti is slightly Ex as compared to Jap's counterpart gossip.gif gossip.gif gossip.gif

Edited by Mzrmazda3, 13 October 2008 - 03:28 PM.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

Sei_fei_loh
  • Premium member
    Sei_fei_loh
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi bro,

Since this forum is dominated mainly by Jap car owner, I am just interested to find out is there any Open Zafira owner, care to share your reveiw? such as FC, etc.

Actuall initially aiming for Honda Stream, but the Stream price keep rising is almost the conti price now, and now think is running a promotion on Zafira, i am quite tempted now, but just that worry about the fuel consumption, coz traditioanlly conti car is more thirsty.

thanks in advace... :)

Hi, got a chance to drive this Zafira around a few times. Uncle owns this ride. He commented he got the same FC as his previous sunny, est 10km/l. He is a pretty heavy-footed.

I feel the pick-up reasonably for this car. Very continental feel (heavy + stable feel). Highway cruising is good. There is a 'power' switch thingy on the dashboard. I rem the car feels somehow more powerful when activated. What i dont really fancy is the gearbox. cos its a MTA if im not wrong and need to release the acc whenever u wan it to upshift. Personally feel the ride pretty jerky when it shifts from 1st to 2nd. Its a personal preference anyways.

Have travelled with him on the NS highway with him before. He drove the Zafira and me in another car. Could see him cruising and overtaking with much ease (of cos Stream can do that too)

He commented the car felt so stable on the NSH.

just my personal opinions for your considerations.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

Mzrmazda3
  • Premium member
    Mzrmazda3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Have seat in my Kaki's and the ride definately is much thumbsup.gif as compared nod.gif nod.gif nod.gif

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:31 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

wow, 8.5KM/L is very poor tot sweatdrop.gif , some people claimed stream can get 12km/l, for me i think I am 60% city and 40% HW

That's b'cos I'm driving almost 100% in the city. Drive any car in such condition also will be bad FC compare to when travelling more on e'way. wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

For you, 60% city and 40% HW....+ light footed. You will get around 9.5km/l-10.5km/l.

btw, i'm quite heavy footed. wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

Edited by Silver_blade, 13 October 2008 - 03:35 PM.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

Theman
  • Theman
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

just called the opel showroom, curretly is selling $82888 (good no.tot), the $78888 is the demo car, but i think it is still a reasonable comparison between Stream RSZ $80XXX and Zafira $82888.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:35 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

oh.. so how much is Honda or Mazda charging for a normal servicing?

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:36 PM

Theman
  • Theman
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

thanks for the valauble review, if the FC is almost the same as Stream, i think i will go for Zafira.

but if only 10KM/L, I think is quite difficult for me to decide :(

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

That's quite a good price. Check the OMV.... it should be quite a bit higher than the RSZ.

Actually, the demo unit may be quite a good deal too...if you can ask for a lower price. I think all their demo car come with free servicing too. I know someone currently driving a demo unit.....4yrs...no problem at all.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:41 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I'm not sure how many stream owners actually hit 12km/l? Are they driving under the same condition as you?

I feel the diff in FC shouldn't be too much. Actually the diff between 10km/l and 12km/l is not too much....if you clock average mileage.

Edited by Silver_blade, 13 October 2008 - 03:43 PM.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I mean Agent to Agent laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Of course Conti is slightly Ex as compared to Jap's counterpart gossip.gif gossip.gif gossip.gif

unless the kah motor website gives me a wrong price but I think their servicing package compared to the opel is more expensive... 277 for stream vs 244 for a zafira.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:44 PM

Sony
  • Premium member
    Sony
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

just called the opel showroom, curretly is selling $82888 (good no.tot), the $78888 is the demo car, but i think it is still a reasonable comparison between Stream RSZ $80XXX and Zafira $82888.

compare them spec to spec and the zafi give more value for money.

however, u might want to ask yourselves how long u going to keep the car...

I presume stream is easier to let go coz most people still have the perception that japz car are relatively trouble-free

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:45 PM

Theman
  • Theman
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

ya, Kah Motor servicing price is Japan price, if you have friends who are working Japan, you can ask himto check the serivcing price, is almost the same in Spore. U can imagine how much profit can they earn :(

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Opel, Zafira, review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users