Opel Zafira 1.8, any review?

Theman

actually the car will get quite a good FC when cruising.. make use of the step and let go method.. FC can be better at 14k/h when I move from woodlands to changi..

but if I do a few city drive, it drop to 10-11km/h

so with your city driving at 11/6, it's already very good..

it's a conti car... the snow mode is quite std..

anyway, at times, it's useful to lock up the gear at 2 instead...

Novena sq carpark is one that is quite useful when going down.

eh.. to use it, i think you need to change to snow chained wheel as well.

anyway, manual said not to use it for a prolong period..

but then, at times, it's good to press it to make sure your meter cluster are working [laugh]

Usually it does. Some of the guys installed the Unichip. Got better performance but not necessarily economy. Applies only to the Optra which uses the 1.6L Family II engine. From what I can gather the economy of Opel installed Family II engines are better than Korean ones.

The 2.2L engine block is the same as the Leganza's.

Edited by Genie47

hi,

Finally today went to test drive both shortlisted candidate, Stream and Zafira :), to my surprice, Stream offer a better driving experience and internal space is larger(esp. 3rd row) than Zafira, but Zafira offerred more function at the control panel and it offer a more classy feel, and aircon flow are available on the 2nd and 3rd row. I dont like the gear shift of Zafira, when it changed from 1st gear to 2nd gear and from 2nd gear to 3rd gear, I(all of the passenger) can feel the jerk of the car, which is not pleasant, for Stream, I cant realy feel the gear changed. i think with such experience, this is the main reason that contribute to my decision, which is to select Stream over Zafira...

Stream is a good good. [thumbsup]

Re: the jerk...it's cos it a MTA (manual gearbox), so you need to lift your accelerator slightly for a split second from 1st gear to 2nd gear. Once you have done that, gear change will be ok. [;)]

try to get an experienced SE show u the drive.takes some learning..but once u noe..u fall in love. the control it gives u is... [sly] of cos think no need elaborate the chasis sturdiness when *touch wood* a crash occurs and the road control

Some will master, some don't.

My mum managed to master it and like it. I'm ok with it and enjoy it...and bought a 2nd car with MTA. My wife couldn't be bothered in getting it right...but she is not complaining...so I guess is good. [;)]

as the other bros have mentioned, Zafira's MTA is actually a manual, and you have to drive it like a manual. i.e. when the gear changes, you have to lift your foot off the accelerator. I can't believe the SE didn't explain to you...

Don't even ask me how I would know when the gear shifts in auto mode, cos I don't use the auto mode. I (and most of the MTA gang) prefer to shift it manually 100% of the time.

Being a manual, I believe there is less loss of power compared to an automatic. For me, it's also way more fun to drive. [sunny]

The stream is an excellent choice! It is afterall a Honda. [:)] I might have gone for it if KM had it then. But then, I would have been just one of those streams out there... [sly] no offence to any steam owners.

My other choice might be the Honda Crossroad... not as common, but a Honda, with the same engine.

Actually, Stream was one of my initial choices. In fact, I ranked the Stream and the Mz5 highly, before I eventually narrowed it to Ford S-max, Opel Zafira and Citroen Grand Picasso for child-safety rating and features.

Edited by Silver_blade

hi,

Sorry to placeda such an negative review on Zafira, before hte test drive, all of my family (wife, mother-in-law and myself) all has the impression that the ride on Zafira will be much better than Stream, since is a conti car, but it turns out otherwise. :(

↡ Advertisement