Why the road surface in KPE is bumpy ?

Helloworld88

Why the road surface in KPE is bumpy ? No matter which direction, lane 1 to 3, all have the same condition. Millions of dollar have had spent, why can't the road be built better ? I don't understand [confused]

↡ Advertisement

I think it's the quality of the builder if you ask me..

even those roads that have been resurfaced recently also seems bumpy..

I'm sure it's not my car.. [:/]

100% is the road bumpy.My car suspension so firm,keep bumping when traveling on the first lane which M1 has dug out after they laid the wiring.lousy contractor i would say.any idea where can we feedback to?Kind of irritating to drive on uneven surface,especially with firm suspension car.

1) Well, the tender definitely goes to e lowest bidder.

2) If u've seen the amt of heavy commercial vehicles using our rds nowadays, u think how long e rd can last? Esp coupled wif e fact tat e lowest bidder will get it.

3) Regarding other rds other den KPE, they keep digging and redigging e rds, machiam like digging for gold liddat, 1st xxx dept dig for cable, 2nd xxx dept dig for wiring, etc... How even u think the rds can be [shakehead] Anyways, gives me a good reason not to go coilovers [laugh]

no, its not your car. It IS bumpy unimpressed.gif

and nowadays, they don't even bother to smoothen it properly for road that was dug up.

previously, i tend to prefer to drive on those new resurfaced road.. now, i go for those old ones instead [:/]

maybe LTA... and a letter to public forum like straits time.

while they will give u some excuse, I'm sure backend, they will tell their guys and contracters to wise up..

actually the digging and redigging have been going on for years..

but recently, the resurfacing have not been done properly.. [:/]

If you actually bid for government contracts you will find they have minimum contract conditions that must be met for a bid to be deemed as valid. Even then there are other conditions that are considered such that the lowest bid may not actually be the successful bid.

Turbocharged

compared to roads in msia (NSH not included [:p]) our roads considered good liao..

Indonesia lagi worse..potholes everywhere..in some place, it gets so bad that you can't drive at speed above 20km/h

but again, we are paying an arm and a leg in road tax..so i am expecting much better road quality..

The garmet spend huge amount of our tax $$$ for such a lousy road, it's really a management failure. The CTE tunnel was build in 80s' yet the surface is so nice and ventilation also better, now we are in the 21th century

i heard from friend working in KPE before that some ang mo engineer pay up to 20k++/month but just do nothing everyday, bumpy surface may due to the contractor want to speed up work cos the project had been in delay for years, he told me the real problem is water leaking which may soon come as he know the quality of certain part is really "not that good"...But LTA is already started repair workS, FOR A NEW TUNNEL OPENED FOR MONTHS [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Eric76

this one i agree, just after malaysia custom u can feel the quality of their road. bumpy, sandy and your car may even get stuck in the holes on their roads

Actually for road that are dug up, the contractor will have to resurface the whole lane using a Milling machine. There is a LTA standard to follow. The resurfacing might be done at the end of the project or when there is a complaint to LTA. The roads now in Singapore might be very bumpy because there is alot of Newater Infrastructure projects going on,

↡ Advertisement