Back for Badminton!

Metalslug

recently hit the badminton craze. any place suggested for reasonable price rackets/shuttlecocks?

i remember shuttlecocks not cheap so any good priced brands to recommend out there?

need advice as i am rusty! [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement

There is a shop selling Yonex racket at Quuensway shopping Centre. 1st Floor. I forgot the name of the shop but It is a short distance from Sports Interlink.

For Yonex rackets, do know that some of the rackets parts are made in japan but assembled in Taiwan and some are direct from Japan. Of course, the price you depend on the type of racket you need. You would need to know which style of play you adopt - rally? smash? net shot? etc.. Btw, I doubt it is easy to look for Carbonex 8 or 15 nowadays.

Nowadays shuttlecock price also has increased. A tube can cost about $25 to $30. Yonex AS4 or 40 with speed 3 should be ok. Or you can try Protech with speed equivalent of 77.

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Nice to know MCFers into badminton as well...:)

I've just PM you. You can contact Eng Han and see what he got.

Hope it helps.

thanks for the info guys. amazing prices shot up so much. i was into it pretty much 3-4 years ago, and then yonex shuttlecocks were going for $18-20 each tube. even then, its pretty ex for me. after all the feathers come off fast anyway.

one thing good is i have my trusty carbonex something something still, restringed too. prices gone up everywhere hmmm.

i found some scocks going for $15-17 each tube, so may check it out.

yeah will sms Eng Han see what he has.... [:)]

For re-string, I think the GP-66(can't remember the exact model name) is about $16 or so.

I think you are referring to BG 66.

Should cost around $14 to restring only.

I'm still using blackenlaugh.gif Amost 30yrs oldlaugh.gif

That was my 1st badminton racket during my secondary school days [nod][nod][nod]

I'm still with my Pro Kennex Super Carbon 1200 [:)]

seems like carb 8 and 21 are legends...

blacken is so classic! r u sure its not rusty yet? [:p][laugh]

There is still Carbonex 8 around [nod][nod][nod]

Think it's a facelift model and cost about 30 plus dollars niah [nod][nod][nod]

Got it for my Bor last 2 months back [:)]

laugh.giflaugh.gif It is rusty.. afraid that the shaft might snap with backhand smashes but so far been serving been wellsweatdrop.gif

i had a blacken during my primary/secondary school days. it rusted and was heavy. i remember the head came off when i smashed with it... my opponents obviously jumped out of the way and i won [laugh]

haha..i used yonex aerotus 80 back during my secondary school days. The damn frame is so light that somehow the frame of the racket cracked when i clashed rackets wif my partner during doubles [dizzy]

worst thing is that i broke 2! At that time i tink it was 1 of the high end models...heart pain [sweatdrop]