Back for Badminton!

Metalslug

ð some husbands after marriage also cannot jump and do smash shots ð

Anyways... I'm a leftie as well... though I haven't played a game in over a decade... would love to play a casual game ðð¼

I can still jump...but after landing bye bye liao
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wah all the badminton lovers here....

My time other than what @Spidey10 mentioned, also include 林水镜,morten frost. Used to play regularly during primary to secondary school. Cant remember what racket I have, but I do recall it is cabonex too?  [laugh] Though I think I have some flair in badminton, I didnt really get the opportunity to train seriously because I was involved in some other sports like table tennis, basketball, volleyball and of course football. Played basketball and volleyball because someone said I was tall(1.8m) therefore I should play [hur] , football because its my favourite, and badminton and table tennis because I am leftie  [laugh] and my school friends said it was difficult to play against me. 

Anyway havent play for a long time. Last time I played was with my wife before we had got married  [:p] That time already didnt dare to jump and smash, just stroking around and doing drop shots only. 

Morten Frost, the only carlton among the yonex...LOL

Edited by Nicfoo

Turbocharged

That time also got Rashid Sidek too ... The guy with the dyed hair.

There was a period when badminton was dominated by Malaysia and Indonesia. Frost was the outlier. Haha.

Btw, your 'just stroking around' was on court ? ;-)

yah, there was a time the malaysia team should be called the sidek team, they have almost the family in the team, 2 singles and a double...LOL :grin:

For a long time it was always China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Denmark, and usually ends up with China-Indonesia...

That time also got Rashid Sidek too ... The guy with the dyed hair.

There was a period when badminton was dominated by Malaysia and Indonesia. Frost was the outlier. Haha.

Btw, your 'just stroking around' was on court ? ;-)

[laugh] will cum if there is a long rally  [:p]

Yah him too. But I dont really like his style of play. Frost was the only top AM around among the Asian players. Yes it was dominated by Malaysia and Indonesia and China was the rising power. Even then I remembered our very own Wong Shoon Keat managed to win the Sea Games gold in 83. 

Edited by Bismarck
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

And i think we forgot one very special player, I think the only player to have beaten both Rudy Hartono and Liem Swie King during their prime. This man was also nickname "the Nemesis of Liem Swie King", King almost always folded up whenever he met this fellow. 

Luan Jin,  栾劲...LOL

And i think we forgot one very special player, I think the only player to have beaten both Rudy Hartono and Liem Swie King during their prime. This man was also nickname "the Nemesis of Liem Swie King", King almost always folded up whenever he met this fellow.

Luan Jin, æ ¾å²...LOL

熊国宝 :D
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Wah...u very on ah..all latest model and not cheap one hor

Now i still play...but for fun fun with wife and kids...once a week.

ya, came back to badminton after a very very long lay off. I have bought around 10 racquets since i started playing again, 3 or 4 already broken. i still represent my club in badminton.  [rolleyes]

• Praise 2

And i think we forgot one very special player, I think the only player to have beaten both Rudy Hartono and Liem Swie King during their prime. This man was also nickname "the Nemesis of Liem Swie King", King almost always folded up whenever he met this fellow. 

Luan Jin,  栾劲...LOL

Oh yah you are right I forgot about him. I think this guy is more talented than yang yang. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Oh yah you are right I forgot about him. I think this guy is more talented than yang yang. 

but this fellow not very stable, up down very scary, unlike Han Jian, the rubber king, always steady steady...LOL

Turbocharged

i think the talented guy you referring to, who is same era as yang yang is zhao jian hua 赵建华, also left handed...

Edited by Nicfoo
  • Praise 2

but this fellow not very stable, up down very scary, unlike Han Jian, the rubber king, always steady steady...LOL

I just remembered another china player 赵剑华, a very attacking left hander player. 

i think the talented guy you referring to, who is same era as yang yang is zhao jian hua 赵建华, also left handed...

lol i was searching for his chinese name and didnt see you post it liao 

• Praise 1