Back for Badminton!

Metalslug

CC online booking is everyday 10pm for 2 week later, yes must have fast finger.

Alternatively you can use https://www.myactivesg.com/ to book facility in some pri/sec school badminton hall which are available on weekend.

oh, changed to 10 pm? i only remember last time no on-line, is 8pm wait outside the counter for it to open... and people queued up also...  [laugh]

just before my knee pain again, my colleague also asked me to try activSG. initially thought the schools for weekdays one, later then realised only weekends... weekends must spend with family leh.

↡ Advertisement

i mentioned him already earlier mah...  [laugh]

He was morten Frost's nemesis. Yang Yang while probably the most dependable (more skilful than Han Jian), had lost to Frost but Zhao Jian Hua was smash his way past Frost.

But he was so temperamental. Sometimes completely lost it...

He came to SGP to sell chicken rice after he retired. Wonder how's biz?  [smash]

Oops sorry I guess I must have miss it. But really he has more killer shots. But it does take a lot physically thats why his form is erratic. 

join Singapore Swimming Club in Tanjong Rhu. They have 6 courts all rubber flooring......

wah seh... really arrh??? shouldn't they just have many swimming pools??

i boh lui join elite club lah - still using my cab 8 only hor...

in car terms, i'm still driving a 80's car before COE days, now renewed COE 3x liao, compared to the hybrids+turbos+ everything else now lor... 

:grin:

Reminds me of the rare occasion when zhao jian hua played Yang yang...  [:p]

somehow not as exciting as them playing against liem swee king, sugiarto, etc.

of all the Chinese dominance of the singles, they were no match for the dominant Korean pair who looked invincible during their heydays. Kim and Park... 

I also like to watch swee king. I like attacking players and players who show lots of finesse. 

edit : 

The korean doubles are really one of the all time greatest pair. 

Used to follow Thomas Cup.

That's when can see top Singles and Doubles playing in one event.

Edited by Bismarck

Oops sorry I guess I must have miss it. But really he has more killer shots. But it does take a lot physically thats why his form is erratic. 

He was full of facial expressions, unlike Yang Yang who was always cool and lacking in emotion. They started the days where left-handers became champs.

I also like to watch swee king. I like attacking players and players who show lots of finesse. 

edit : 

The korean doubles are really one of the all time greatest pair. 

I started followed badminton also because of Thomas Cup. 

Arrh... if you're attack-minded, then doubles is more exciting than singles.

That Park-Kim combo, i was simply awe-struck by them. Almost no weakness and so balanced with perfect understanding. Even the sidek brothers i think didn't understand each other so well as biological brothers...

yah, the Thomas and Uber (no not the taxi...) cups. For Uber, when the han ai ping, zhang ai ling, etc. were playing, it was so boring cos no competition at all...

Yang Yang - now in Muar

Zhao Jian Hua - saw him on plane to KL.. not sure what he is doing

The Sideks - no longer millionaires.. kaput

Foo Kok Keong - multi millionaire

Yang Yang in muar? What is he doing there? Edited by Spidey10

Yang Yang in muar? What is he doing there?ð¨ð¨

SG should hire him as coach..

Married a local girl (rich girl). Now spend time sparring with amateur challengers.

Married a local girl (rich girl). Now spend time sparring with amateur challengers.

Oh no...should continue, with his talent a lot of countries will come after him. Unless he made enough liao

Arrh... if you're attack-minded, then doubles is more exciting than singles.

That Park-Kim combo, i was simply awe-struck by them. Almost no weakness and so balanced with perfect understanding. Even the sidek brothers i think didn't understand each other so well as biological brothers...

yah, the Thomas and Uber (no not the taxi...) cups. For Uber, when the han ai ping, zhang ai ling, etc. were playing, it was so boring cos no competition at all...

Doubles are all about rallies, one keep on attacking the other defending then change in between rallies  [:p] the longer the rallies the more exciting the match coz in doubles usually it is very fast pace.

Doubles are all about rallies, one keep on attacking the other defending then change in between rallies  [:p] the longer the rallies the more exciting the match coz in doubles usually it is very fast pace.

I particularly like to see the vultures lurking: Li YongBo being shorter will usually cover the front when Tian is smashing at the back. Then if opp just managed a weak return, Li will spring up to get a killer shot. He will also be anticipating drop shots that are not just over the net, but is slightly higher, getting ready to whack it down...

There was also a Indonesian pair where one of the players will forever made some noise (the 'hyah') to gear himself up when hitting the shuttle. One of my friends said when he watched at the courts, the spectators were helping with the mood by helping the guy made more of the noise, quite funny.

• Praise 1

I started followed badminton also because of Thomas Cup. 

Thomas Cup is nice to watch cos its a team and strategy event.

Sometimes jin exciting cos you need the Doubles or reverse Singles to turn around a deficit.

Also very pressure on the players ...  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Yang Yang - now in Muar

Zhao Jian Hua - saw him on plane to KL.. not sure what he is doing

The Sideks - no longer millionaires.. kaput

Foo Kok Keong - multi millionaire

This is the guy nickname "拼命三郎", he will go for every shot, never let go of any, never say die. And the only guy with a heavy gold chain on him while playing...LOL

• Praise 3

Any of you lot remember Wong Peng Soon ?

I met him once or twice and one time he insisted on reading my palm to tell my fortune.

No one.

Thought so.

All you lot way too young and spritely.

• Praise 1

Thomas Cup is nice to watch cos its a team and strategy event.

Sometimes jin exciting cos you need the Doubles or reverse Singles to turn around a deficit.

Also very pressure on the players ...  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

Its the world cup of badminton and the most prestigious team tournament in badminton. Thats why it is really exciting to watch and the crowd especially from Indonesia really make the atmosphere electric. 

• Praise 2

This is the guy nickname "æ¼å½ä¸é", he will go for every shot, never let go of any, never say die. And the only guy with a heavy gold chain on him while playing...LOL

Ya that's he guy. He was given a big piece of land in Selangor that ended up as the Perodua factory. Damn steady man.. Richest ex Badminton player ever.. Edited by BenTong
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2