Back for Badminton!

Metalslug

Twincharged

wah seh... really arrh??? shouldn't they just have many swimming pools??

i boh lui join elite club lah - still using my cab 8 only hor...

in car terms, i'm still driving a 80's car before COE days, now renewed COE 3x liao, compared to the hybrids+turbos+ everything else now lor... 

:grin:

post-168945-0-61332200-1471259211_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Ya that's he guy. He was given a big piece of land in Selangor that ended up as the Perodua factory. Damn steady man.. Richest ex Badminton player ever..

I thought he got a car dealership as well...
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

I think we should gather together someday and play friendly games in doubles.  And talk about past badminton's greats.  

old farts relieving past glories?   [laugh]

• Praise 1

Yang Yang - now in Muar

Zhao Jian Hua - saw him on plane to KL.. not sure what he is doing

The Sideks - no longer millionaires.. kaput

Foo Kok Keong - multi millionaire

Power!

old farts relieving past glories? [laugh]

very good Liao Loh

I only know:

maradona.jpg

• Praise 1

in car terms, i'm still driving a 80's car before COE days, now renewed COE 3x liao, compared to the hybrids+turbos+ everything else now lor...

[thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Its the world cup of badminton and the most prestigious team tournament in badminton. Thats why it is really exciting to watch and the crowd especially from Indonesia really make the atmosphere electric. 

Apart from Thomas/Uber, there was also the Sudirman Cup which I think Yang Yang and gang failed to win. It comprises the men singles, men doubles, woman singles, woman doubles and mixed doubles.

Dominant in the singles, China just couldn't win the doubles...  :TT_TT:

Or maybe because that one while prestigious, got no prize $$, so didn't try v hard.

Wah, so nice...  [thumbsup]

But how come swimming club got badminton court??? Later golf club maybe got race track liao  :XD:

I also like to play badminton. I started playing only when I was in the Navy for the last 2-3 years. 3 to 4 times a week playing it with my colleagues. I started playing only because during the rainy weather, cannot play football. After I left, no more playing till a classmate brought me to join his company colleagues who play at Civil Service Club every Saturday. Played for a year and he stopped so I had to stop too.

Surprisingly, I never owned any rackets!!! I just borrow any rackets and play. Not a very good player, average player. But because of my height, long arms and legs, my opponents always find it challenging. 

When u guys organise a friendly game, I would like to join too. Very very very long never play and need someone to spare me a racket. [laugh]

Funny thing was I used to sell sports equipment and apparels at Sports Station/Why pay more/Royal Sporting House. Used to admire and recommend customers to buy the Yonnex Carbonex 8. Love the red/black look. But never got it cos didnt start playing then.

• Praise 2

I also like to play badminton. I started playing only when I was in the Navy for the last 2-3 years. 3 to 4 times a week playing it with my colleagues. I started playing only because during the rainy weather, cannot play football. After I left, no more playing till a classmate brought me to join his company colleagues who play at Civil Service Club every Saturday. Played for a year and he stopped so I had to stop too.

Surprisingly, I never owned any rackets!!! I just borrow any rackets and play. Not a very good player, average player. But because of my height, long arms and legs, my opponents always find it challenging. 

When u guys organise a friendly game, I would like to join too. Very very very long never play and need someone to spare me a racket. [laugh]

Funny thing was I used to sell sports equipment and apparels at Sports Station/Why pay more/Royal Sporting House. Used to admire and recommend customers to buy the Yonnex Carbonex 8. Love the red/black look. But never got it cos didnt start playing then.

with your height you better not stand in front [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

with your height you better not stand in front [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

I always stand in front. That is the problem, so opponents have to do long shots. And I very bad with catching long and high shots. 50% of the time will miss the shuttlecock!!! [laugh]

I always stand in front. That is the problem, so opponents have to do long shots. And I very bad with catching long and high shots. 50% of the time will miss the shuttlecock!!! [laugh]

You wear spec while playing is it? People who wear spec while playing have problem hitting the high ball.

Maybe new lens nowadays don't have such problem.

• Praise 1

You wear spec while playing is it? People who wear spec while playing have problem hitting the high ball.

Maybe new lens nowadays don't have such problem.

I dont wear spec when playing sports. I have almost perfect vision except for slightly high astigmatism 200+ range on both eyes. With high shots, have to look up and there is the spotlight. Thatz where I misjudge where the shuttlecock is.

• Praise 2

I dont wear spec when playing sports. I have almost perfect vision except for slightly high astigmatism 200+ range on both eyes. With high shots, have to look up and there is the spotlight. Thatz where I misjudge where the shuttlecock is.

So the problem is due to astigmatism, no wonder.
  • Praise 1

That's some high astigmatism... keratoconus like me? I wear specs but don't use when playing. Find it uncomfortable

Where to play. Went yesterday to my CC in Tampines. Damn... so full...

• Praise 1

That's some high astigmatism... keratoconus like me? I wear specs but don't use when playing. Find it uncomfortable

Where to play. Went yesterday to my CC in Tampines. Damn... so full...

I dont think same as ur condition.

If want to book CC court, must have grassroots connection otherwise sure kena taken by those regulars. Best would be to look for private clubs that allow public to book like Civil Service Club that I used to go to or that swimming club that was mentioned earlier.

Edited by Adrianli

Malaysia badminton team could possibly end up with 3 medals.. maybe gold

Men Singles - Should give him gold lah... for his persistent and endurance.

Men doubles - Confirmed Silver. Gold possible.

Mixed doubles - Confirmed Silver. Gold possible.

Malaysia 1

1 silver

1 bronze

2 silver guaranteed.. Looks good for 2 golds

LCW.. Get pass jinx then predict

And Super power India.. Not a single medal ..

↡ Advertisement