Full DAy Bus Lane BEWARE!

Chrispie

nowsaday they won't even bother to stop to warn motorists to move off first.. straighaway take pic and go..dun even talk to motorists..

This thing about taking picture, is this standard procedure? If it is, then it would seem that offenders would be harder to catch at night since it would be difficult to capture sharp pictures with low light. I travel along Upp Serangoon Road from Boon Keng in the evenings on my way home from work, often see cars taking the bus lane and I wonder from time to time if they'd ever be caught since taking photos would be a problem with setting sun and if taking photos of front of cars, even worse if headlights are on, which would cause glare in the pictures. [confused]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i think we leave the problem of capturing pictures at night to the enforcers to think abt...believe they would have a solution to this.. such as NVD.. else how does TP catch speeding cars at nite? [confused]

I just received TWO letters from LTA. Saw them lying on my desk and I have a very bad feeling.

Opened it, and found that they are for 2 separate offences.

1. 25 sept 1108 - Fine 130

2. 25 Sept 1309 - Fine 130

Offences, both for stopping in a full day bus lane.

What happened was that there was an impt document i need to get from a client to be signed and returned along robinson road, outside Sing Investment Building.

What I did was to drive, stopped for 1 sec, wind down window and get the doc. Went to get it signed, and same thing, wind down window to return the doc. 2 hours apart.

When i drove there, i scanned and have ensured that there wasnt any LTA camera man or Any approaching bus. Tot i was safe.. until now.

So dun take it for granted. You never know where they are hiding.

Learn from my lesson.. 260 is 2 full tanks for me. Sian. [bigcry]

good luck to you and dun do it again.... those wardens reflex are very fast

I believe nowadays they equip the buses themselves with cameras to snap pictures leh..means the bus driver if buey song cars cutting into the bus lane can snap the pictures. or is it automatic

Whether its a full day or not bus lane, you should not wander into the bus lane.

during bus lane hours...

but good la.. i usually take note of bus lane hours. outside of the restricted hours, i find the bus lane very clear of traffic, so i like to use the bus lane [flowerface]

When u appeal , got tell the stupid LTA, what if buses drive into outside bus lane, bus lane = other vehicles lane, then can i summon them $130 as well? hehe [laugh] crazy law

Oh.. they actually take away the saman? not so bad la.

i thought they add extra saman [knife]

actually, i prefer ERP parking although hard to "cheat". i rather pay few cents more and have almost no risk of saman than have to worry about coupon.

sometimes i tear one hour when i only use 45 mins so coupon doesn't always cost less from my experience

timing keep changing, who's going to remember what time for what day the lane operates ? I don't bother to remember, so I'll just keep clear of bus lane anyway .... [:p]

Neutral Newbie

indeed..I was in the lane for less than 10 second to turn into Cuppage road.. and was caught! MIsery indeed..New year present from LTA  :pissed-off:

indeed..I was in the lane for less than 10 second to turn into Cuppage road.. and was caught! MIsery indeed..New year present from LTA :pissed-off:

Tried appealing?

Welcome to mcf and thank you for digging haha

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Downtown bus lanes during peak hours dun play play.

You can be sure a LTA officer will be stationed to catch errant drivers, always.

Along upper thomson road there are these 3 bus stops where there will always be LTA officers stationed.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 1

to improve the bus system they are poking wrong hole is it?

what's the use of keeping the bus lane clear but the bus drivers are lousy?

keeping to what schedule really doesn't work.

bus drivers now drive like tortoise,not to say their fartup driving skill,are stressing everyone out there.

bring back the old days(this aspect i support [sly] ),if you know what i mean.  [sly]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2