Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
60 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 01 June 2002 - 12:50 AM

Veron
  • Veron
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Read this review of Seat Leon in LianHeWanBao. Got comparisons with Golf n Fabia. For those who r interested:

Attached Files

Posted 02 June 2002 - 09:27 AM

Octyman
  • Octyman
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Wonder if they are just comparing the specs or the car as a whole. If it's the car, I wonder where they got the car from now that JTA is down under. I also wonder which Fabia models will Czech Auto bring in.

Posted 02 June 2002 - 11:04 AM

Renegade
  • Renegade
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Even more so, was wondering the motivation behind the article..... crazy.gif
________________________________________________________________________________
________

What re-sale value ? [:p]

Posted 02 June 2002 - 08:19 PM

Veron
  • Veron
    1st Gear
    Author Image

They were just comparing the specs of the 3 cars, which I thick they copied off the brochures. They test drove the Seat Leon in this article, but not the Golf or Fabia. Dun think they can get a new fabia now, unless they borrow from the owners here tongue.gif

BTW, the article was from Shin Ming Daily News. Sorry for naming the wrong source.

Edited by Veron, 02 June 2002 - 08:22 PM.

Posted 06 June 2002 - 12:53 AM

Fabiaman
  • Premium member
    Fabiaman
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Tks Veron, didnt know Sin Ming writes abt cars. Pretty soon, we might see a string of reviews on Skodas again now that Zech Auto is going to be in action soon.

The SEAT Leon looks like an excellent car. I guess if one like a VW Group car, you probably like the rest of the Group's range of cars... like if you like the Bora, chances is that you will like the Toledo ... blah blah

Posted 10 June 2002 - 12:29 AM

Phalanx
  • Phalanx
    4th Gear
    Author Image

The Leon handles very well, even on stock suspension. gotta say that the 1.4 engine is rather peppy, 16 valves, not bad...

Feature wise cannot match the Toledo though.
-------------------------------------------

There is more to life than here and now...

Posted 10 June 2002 - 08:55 AM

Magfocus
  • Premium member
    Magfocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The Leon handles very well, even on stock suspension. gotta say that the 1.4 engine is rather peppy, 16 valves, not bad...

Feature wise cannot match the Toledo though.

Yeah i'd agree that the steering feel and handling are pretty good, but the 1.6 8v version is peppier wink.gif

Looks pretty cool cool.gif

Posted 10 June 2002 - 09:20 AM

Mrenegade
  • Mrenegade
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

But with the specs one level down from the tody, yet being so similarly priced, the 1.6 leon is definitely not worth the money crazy.gif

Sometimes I really wonder if BM really wants to sell the 1.6 leon at all! pirate.gif

Posted 10 June 2002 - 09:21 AM

Magfocus
  • Premium member
    Magfocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

But with the specs one level down from the tody, yet being so similarly priced, the 1.6 leon is definitely not worth the money crazy.gif

Sometimes I really wonder if BM really wants to sell the 1.6 leon at all! pirate.gif

Thats true, they want to cash in on the 'style' mad.gif

Seeing that they brought in so few units, i think not unsure.gif

Posted 10 June 2002 - 09:23 AM

Mrenegade
  • Mrenegade
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

But I must say, the 1.4 is selling pretty well....think 5 out of 10 units were gone the last time we were there to book our tody cool.gif

Posted 10 June 2002 - 09:25 AM

Magfocus
  • Premium member
    Magfocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

But I must say, the 1.4 is selling pretty well....think 5 out of 10 units were gone the last time we were there to book our tody cool.gif

If it were really popular, it would have all been snapped up, no thanks to the ambitious pricing mad.gif

Posted 10 June 2002 - 11:34 AM

Turbobrick
  • Turbobrick

How's the Leon priced now? If it's priced like the Fabia before at 66-68k then it'll be competitive.
I'm in GMT -5:00 time zone

Posted 10 June 2002 - 11:39 AM

Mrenegade
  • Mrenegade
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

erm....it's definitely not priced like the Fabia. Seems like BM has secured all the COEs for the 1.4 Leon. So only have guaranteed price of $79900 crazy.gif

Oh and the price for 1.6 Leon is priced at 84900 pirate.gif

Edited by Mrenegade, 10 June 2002 - 11:40 AM.

Posted 10 June 2002 - 11:39 AM

Magfocus
  • Premium member
    Magfocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

How's the Leon priced now? If it's priced like the Fabia before at 66-68k then it'll be competitive.

Definitely not. Priced too close to Toledo. Last we checked was $78-$79k, BASE spec.. crazy.gif

Posted 10 June 2002 - 11:41 AM

Perry
  • Perry
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

hi tb:)

sidetrack and ot abit.... were you by anyway at amk central on saturday morning? i saw a car very similar to yours... hehehe

Posted 10 June 2002 - 11:59 AM

Turbobrick
  • Turbobrick

Definitely not. Priced too close to Toledo. Last we checked was $78-$79k, BASE spec.. crazy.gif

Too high lah, how to play the field with the lights of the Corollas and Sunnys.

Posted 10 June 2002 - 12:00 PM

Magfocus
  • Premium member
    Magfocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Too high lah, how to play the field with the lights of the Corollas and Sunnys.

Telling me, its just for the style factor. The rear windows are windups crazy.gif

Posted 10 June 2002 - 12:00 PM

Turbobrick
  • Turbobrick

hi tb:)

sidetrack and ot abit.... were you by anyway at amk central on saturday morning? i saw a car very similar to yours... hehehe

That was my bro driving that morning. I was still snoozing at home laugh.gif

Posted 10 June 2002 - 12:02 PM

Turbobrick
  • Turbobrick

Telling me, its just for the style factor. The rear windows are windups crazy.gif

But in SG....$$ talks first crazy.gif

Posted 10 June 2002 - 12:03 PM

Magfocus
  • Premium member
    Magfocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

But in SG....$$ talks first crazy.gif

Thats why its too ex lah...for the trim level. crazy.gif

Back to Volkswagen Auto Club  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Seat, Leon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users