Anyone using Asus A696 and knows how to update map using mapking?

Xmenfreak2

Hi ppl I have a new toy and need to know if any of you bros have the same thing and could share with me or us who need to know.. by the way is mapking free and any pros and cons using it?

Thanks in advance [:p]

↡ Advertisement

I'm using mapking on my palm treo. It's called mapking. What do u think? [:/][laugh]

It's using SLA(SG Land Authority) maps so it's 99% accurate. Updates can be downloaded from here http://www.mapking.com.sg/maps.php. Just cut and paste. If u dunno where to cut & paste. Search in your phone with the file extension *.m7a

Anyway *.g10 and *.m7a files can be shared. Just by changing the file extension. MK2007 is *.m7a, MK G10 is *.g10

Cons will be the same as other navigation software whereby there's no built-in A.I. U need to tell it what to do dan it'll show u the directions. But if u happen to take the wrong turn, it'll re-route within 2~3secs.

One other thing that most ppl find it no good is the ERP gantry location, whereby u have to key it in manually(POI) and the routing does not avoid them unless u manually select the roads(with ERP) u wanna avoid.

But it does have warnings about static speed cam locations and possible mobile cam locations.

Always use the 3D navigation. 2D u cannot see the split roads at some junctions.

↡ Advertisement