Car prices going up this weekend

Samshio

Neutral Newbie

never been to car showroom for quite some times but i think the 7k cat b coe is very attractive for those genuine buyer of 2 liter car [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

I expect car prices to go up from now till end of dec.

Reason being people getting bonuses so some will have desire to change or buy new cars

Bonuses will not really be affected this year by the crisis as 1H'08 was still pretty ok for most companies

Recession fears have not really sunk into Singaporeans yet so many people will still be in spending mode

Drop in prices due to recent COE drop is enough to tempt some people to plunge in

I expect prices to soften sometime after 2Q'09 next year when companies start to feel the impact of the crisis and slowdown which in turn will impact the masses in the form of pay cuts, bonuses suspension and in worse cases, retrenchments

Neutral Newbie

those premium end dealers? think only the rich rich ones in market now to start buying their nice upmarket marque at low price... [:p]

dun think the rest are that daring to go buy a normal 2litres at current climate. [sweatdrop]

Got SMS from some dealers, car prices going up this weekend.

Expecting this round COE to go up ?

Hahahaha, come on fellas, havent you heard enough of the same story about properties from property agents?

So what if prices go up? this is not stock market.

Buy car only if you need and can afford. not becos prices are up or down.

Dont fall into the credit trap.

Plse go watch "Money no enough" VCD again .

the showrooms last weekend was not very quiet.

I saw someone coming in with a maserati testing driving the citroen c5. dunno downgrade or 2nd car :)

mazda 6 going up by 4k this weekend, SE told me

They will ALWAYS say going up, They will NEVER say going down, otherwise how to make people kan cheong to commit? Next year we will car prices we havent seen since 1980's. [lipsrsealed]

I thot COE dropped big time? why are they increasing prices then? In this kind of bad economical sentiment also? [hur]

I agree bro. Just this Feb, a honda SE told me COE will only go up and stay up for the next 2 years!

We all know what happened...

Almost all will say, COE up regardless... [shakehead]

Neutral Newbie

You are right.

I have never met an SE who tells me to wait and see first.

Every SE will always tell you that car price is going up, now is already the lowest, must grab the opportunity to buy etc. You can't blame them as their rice bowl depends on them making the sales and they will use every tactic to make the consumer panic, insecure and commit to the purchase.

As consumers, we have to be discerning and commit when we feel the opportunity is right and we are comfortable with the purchase

I expect car prices to go up from now till end of dec.

Reason being people getting bonuses so some will have desire to change or buy new cars

Bonuses will not really be affected this year by the crisis as 1H'08 was still pretty ok for most companies

Recession fears have not really sunk into Singaporeans yet so many people will still be in spending mode

Drop in prices due to recent COE drop is enough to tempt some people to plunge in

I expect prices to soften sometime after 2Q'09 next year when companies start to feel the impact of the crisis and slowdown which in turn will impact the masses in the form of pay cuts, bonuses suspension and in worse cases, retrenchments

don't companies need to set aside more cash to tide over next year? at least that's the excuse i would give if i am the boss [laugh]