Starhub free home phone line.

Westender

Anyone using it currently?

Thinking of switching to it soon, save abit also good. [flowerface]

Can I connect more than one phone to the digital modem?

Problem is I have phone in all the rooms and hall, does it means I have to junk all of them away?

Does it comes with caller ID?

Any other pros and cons before I switch over?

↡ Advertisement

I have just switched to it too. To answer your questions:

1) Nope you can only connect one phone. However, what I did was to buy those cordless phones that come with additional handsets so that each bedroom can have one phone connected to the same line.

2) If you do the same as I did then yes, your current phones have to junk them away. It wasnt a problem for me as my phones were spoilt in any case.

3) Yes I believe it does. I tried calling the line using my mobile and the number shows on the phone.

4) None that I can think of so far. Then again I have only just switched for less then a month......

Neutral Newbie

sorry to ask...but does this Starhub phone connect to the usual telephone line socket or connect to something else? I not using Starhub internet only Starhub TV.

Get a mutiple phone DECT system.

Yes, have caller ID. Other stuff like call xfer all available at a fee.

One good thing, your tel no remains with u for life. Wherever u shift to in SGP.

Let's talk about the cons.

I've been using this for more than a year. Before you get to enjoy the free calls, you need to buy the device and pay activation fees totaling about $100. Not sure if it's still the case now?

I've also experience about 8 times the connection being cut off. Most of the time i just power cycle the device once and it's back online. A few times i need to power cycle twice.

i had also be using it for few yrs..

can save on the rental charges by the "Red" co.

This starhub digital line is similar to the one offered in the MIO package.

So for those who are using singnet broadband & mobile.....should just switch to

the MIO package...

Qn : Do those on MIO package need to pay the annual rental charge for the fixed line ?

Neutral Newbie
i have been using it for a few years now. good thing its free.

attended hours and hours of teleconference using it. loud and clear.

How about fax? Can StarHub Digital Phone Line support G3 fax?

Last week I heard can only connect in Jan, now in Feb liao, the demand is confirm good [thumbsup] .

But I feel that the speed of internet connection of hubstation is not consistent, maybe also due to me using wireless router. [shakehead]

I could be wrong but to my knowledge, you may still use softfax(like Winfax and so forth) but not if you have a all-in-one printer that c/w fax.

However I do have a friend who told me he connect the fax m/c to the digital modem via a analog modem, but I have not seen it yet.

hi.. i'm using that too...

But do note that as the phone line is connected to your voice modem, in the event of power failures (rare but it happens), the line would be dead.

Wah! have to wait till feb, seng li so good ah!

Promo says it comes with free digital modem so if I have a hubstation now, can I plug the phones into both the modem and hubstation?

↡ Advertisement