How to clean car of ants and tiny cockroaches?

Somebody

got a lot of black ants in my car.... =(

will see one or two of them occasionally, but when i leave a sweet on the dashboard for a few minutes... i'll see tonnes...

sometimes, i do see a few tiny cockroaches moving around too...

any suggestions on how to get rid of all of them?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Easy...

1) Remove all carpets.

2) Open all windows..

3) Spray insecticde in the car.

However, u have to bear the smell for a few days. [lipsrsealed]

Recently, I parked under a tree for one whole week and now my car full of black ants [sweatdrop]

I tot the heat from the afternoon would dehydrate and kill them but they still running around [:(]

Do a thorough vacuum, remove all tiny particles that may be food to them as well as eggs, etc. Spray insecticide at the possible entrances, eg. pedal area, door seams.

dun think so coz my last ride always park under the hot sun of open sapce carpark. Dunno how those pesky cockroaches survive but I suspect they cool themselves by hiding insde ur interior panel.just killed one roach inside my new ride [:/] . Anyone has better idea, pls share.

Edited by Chosenone

[reply]

dun think so coz my last ride always park under the hot sun of open sapce carpark. Dunno how those pesky ****roaches survive but I suspect they cool themselves by hiding insde ur interior panel.just killed one roach inside my new ride unsure.gif . Anyone has better idea, pls share.

But I think parking under hot sun works for me, cos I do occassionally have snacks in my car, and once every few months when cleaning out the inside I found crumbs of food here and there. Both my former COE and current new car do not have pests problem. I have tried using those sticky roach traps with baits to see if they are hiding somewhere, but after a week still didn't catch anything.

I'd guess roaches or ants can't survive long without water, so by parking under the hot sun almost daily would prevent them from living in the car. My working place car park is really open space, without any trees nearby, so it can get quite hot at end of the day.

once i saw a fly got "cooked" inside my engine compartment till crispy.... sweatdrop.gif dun even know how it gets into there in the first place.. these tiny insects really have their means of intruding to ur car.....

hmm.... are they 2 in 1s? or are they separate?

i couldn't find them when i went ot the esso and shell petrol kiosks near my place(newton).

any suggestions?

Neutral Newbie
got a lot of black ants in my car.... =(

will see one or two of them occasionally, but when i leave a sweet on the dashboard for a few minutes... i'll see tonnes...

sometimes, i do see a few tiny cockroaches moving around too...

any suggestions on how to get rid of all of them?

inevitable, the strangest of all, we found rats eating sweets and leaving the wrappers inside the engine bay of a maybach! to catch the rat, we used a lighter to burn a small piece of cuttlefish(the one you use to cook soups) and stick it on the rat glue trap, we got more then we bargained, got rats, ants, cockroaches and also lizards, scary sight, so you can try that. or try the professional interior cleaning service, tell them your problem, they can help. prolly cost you 1xx bucks.

thanks!!! =)

found the hoy hoy trap for cockroaches, will try to go giant and get them...

you guys got any solutions for ants?

↡ Advertisement