Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
88 replies to this topic | 21 praises

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:26 AM

Tantohheng
  • Tantohheng
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

How fast can can a Toyota Estima go?
Any brother here driving one.

I was going home on SLE last night and i saw a Estima going definately more than 150Km per hour. I was going at 130 ++ and the Estima just zoom pass me and pull away so quickly even though i was already clocking 130 ++.

Sweat > I mean a MPV to go at such high speed is a bit hiong right?
Somemore no scare camera?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:30 AM

Fireball0088
  • Premium member
    Fireball0088
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

?????

You not scare of camera yourself
PSN ID = hsb0088

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:35 AM

Thypig33
  • Thypig33
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

can, why not? I bet the estima driving wont realise his speed if he was just accelerating all the way, cause the estima is very stable, i believe even at high speeds. sly.gif

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:37 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

180 anytime..no prob thumbsup.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:38 AM

Kwchan
  • Premium member
    Kwchan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Estima, with unladen weight of 1900kg, can easily weight >2500kg with 7 adults inside.

With such size and weight, it should classify as lorry with a 60km/h sticker behind.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
由於天雨路滑,請駕車人士小心駕駛,減低行車速度,並與前面車輛保持較長的距離。

為安全理由,駕車人士行車時亦應亮著車頭燈以增加能見度,及在轉線期間留意路面交通情況。*/

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

oh yeah,btw use to own 1 b4 sly.gif

Tantohheng
  • Tantohheng
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Last night feel like driving a bit fast and also got the need for speed in me so went like 130 ++ from the SLE expressway after coming from BKE(towards causeway) until woodlands avenue 12 exit then i slow down to 90km.

I saw the estima i stunned.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:41 AM

Tantohheng
  • Tantohheng
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Wow.... thats new.
i always thought mpv not good for high speed cos of the size.

I mean wont be dangerous ma cos the height and size etc dont seems to be like cater for high speed driving.

Pardon me for any ignorance.

Edited by Tantohheng, 11 November 2008 - 10:42 AM.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:44 AM

Tantohheng
  • Tantohheng
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

how about TOP speed?
have you driven at 180 in your estima?

handling wise, steering wise, overall feel?
Still stable? not shaky?

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:47 AM

Adawang
  • Premium member
    Adawang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I was going home on SLE last night and i saw a Estima going definately more than 150Km per hour. I was going at 130 ++ and the Estima just zoom pass me and pull away so quickly even though i was already clocking 130 ++.

There are 3.5 litre Estimas around
with 280 hp
Ha ha ha, I think you encountered the 3.5 version

Edited by Adawang, 11 November 2008 - 10:57 AM.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:53 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

mi previa max speedo is 180. Went beyond it until needle cant go down any further. so prolly ard 190. 1 word- stable wink.gif

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:57 AM

Theobserver
  • Theobserver
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Estima, with unladen weight of 1900kg, can easily weight >2500kg with 7 adults inside.

With such size and weight, it should classify as lorry with a 60km/h sticker behind.

Now that you mention this. I was on CTE Sunday when I saw a Hiace, which is definitely a mini bus. However, the licence plate indicates that it is registered as a private car.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:59 AM

Tantohheng
  • Tantohheng
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

dAMN POWER sia.
can cheong and got big space. sweatdrop.gif

so why you change ride?

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:08 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

mine is e 2nd gen ACR30 n is 7 yrs old. time to move on. Will always remember tis car as it is v reliable. Other than e usual maintenance, e onli prt tat breaks down is e rediator.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:17 AM

Kwchan
  • Premium member
    Kwchan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yes, there are many vans that register as Taxi (SH plate) or Ambulance (S plate) or embassy "Car" (CD plate)

Even this 34 years old mini bus also consider as "private car" and can go at 100km/h on lane 1 if the engine can take it

http://www.sgcarmart...D=29660&DL=1000
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
由於天雨路滑,請駕車人士小心駕駛,減低行車速度,並與前面車輛保持較長的距離。

為安全理由,駕車人士行車時亦應亮著車頭燈以增加能見度,及在轉線期間留意路面交通情況。*/

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:24 AM

Fireball0088
  • Premium member
    Fireball0088
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Then you should have driven behind it and follow. You probably save some fuel (slipstream) and can avoid camera
PSN ID = hsb0088

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:02 PM

Tantohheng
  • Tantohheng
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

how come can save fuel huh?
hahaha.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

Ev0lutionz
  • Ev0lutionz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The front vehicle blocks the airdrag.. Tailgating buses are best for saving fuel.. But do watch out for their brake lights.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:10 PM

Thermodynamics
  • Thermodynamics
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Estima is a heavy. Perhaps the driver unable to slow down???? Brakes spoil? tongue.gif

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:17 PM

Tantohheng
  • Tantohheng
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Airdrag > new thing again.
seems like there are lots to learn.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Toyota, Estima

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users