Toyota Estima

Tantohheng

How fast can can a Toyota Estima go?

Any brother here driving one.

I was going home on SLE last night and i saw a Estima going definately more than 150Km per hour. I was going at 130 ++ and the Estima just zoom pass me and pull away so quickly even though i was already clocking 130 ++.

Sweat > I mean a MPV to go at such high speed is a bit hiong right?

Somemore no scare camera?

Estima is a heavy. Perhaps the driver unable to slow down???? Brakes spoil? [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
mi previa max speedo is 180. Went beyond it until needle cant go down any further. so prolly ard 190. 1 word- stable [;)]

i was driving my Stream on NSH at 160kmh two weeks ago, occupying the 1st lane and suddenly saw in my rear mirror a fast approaching vehicle from behind...slow down to 130kmh and moved to the left lane....saw this Toyota Alphard overtaking me very fast, at least 180-200kmh...

i think Alphard is even taller and more squarish than estima....but its 2.5L V6 engine can really roam.....looks very stable to me when it was running on such speed....saw a few Alphards along the NSH and all running very fast ler....

• Praise 1

[reply]Yes, there are many vans that register as Taxi (SH plate) or Ambulance (S plate) or embassy "Car" (CD plate)

Even this 34 years old mini bus also consider as "private car" and can go at 100km/h on lane 1 if the engine can take it

Yes, I am confused by this. This van is no different from the G of P -plates, and the reason why one can travel on first lane and the rest cannot is because of the plate, not safety.

• Praise 1

i think Alphard is even taller and more squarish than estima....but its 2.5L V6 engine can really roam.....looks very stable to me when it was running on such speed....saw a few Alphards along the NSH and all running very fast ler....

Alphard only have 2.4L IL4 not 2.5L V6 and a 3.0L V6 smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

sorry, my bad, i think the one i saw got a V6 sign, can't recall if it's 2.4 or 3.0.....but it's fast...

seems like i saw more malaysian Alphards than Estima....dunno why....

read articles sum where tat GP motor race,if within 3m, front bikes is actually pulling the bike behind due to stream of air being forced by the front bike, sum ting like vacuum created............sori if wrongly understood the article.

• Praise 1

if you see the V6 sign, then that's the 3L liao, very fast on N/S HW nod.gifnod.gifnod.gif

Alphard more spacious than Estima, that' why more in MY and also Thailand nod.gifnod.gifnod.gif

Overshot the 180 km/h marking on a Estima before.. On NSH of course..

How fast can it go?? Not sure.. Maybe 190.. Maybe 200

Most MPV with capacity above 2.4l can cruise 180kph quite comfortably, so it is not just a question about how fast they can go.

I myself witness how fast a V6 Estima can do on Malaysian B roads corners...it was incredibility nimble given its bulk and still able to pull away from TB-rides (no thanks to turbo lag)

Some MPVs are sleeper given their deceivingly family-bus look.

Neutral Newbie

saw one Alphards in KL last weekend, with 20" bling bling rims and super low profile tyre (something like 35)....wonder why the owner opted for that since I would imagine most who drive such a big and spacious MPV would like to go for comfort....

↡ Advertisement