Taiwan: Hotels in Taipei

Getzoooom

howz the driving conditions in taiwan??

can an avg sinkie driver manage with the traffic? other than b xtra carefully wif the scooter menace there

↡ Advertisement

howz the driving conditions in taiwan??

can an avg sinkie driver manage with the traffic? other than b xtra carefully wif the scooter menace there

I think u need to apply special licence to be able to drive in taiwan, cos over there is left hand drive. [rolleyes]

I think u need to apply special licence to be able to drive in taiwan, cos over there is left hand drive. [rolleyes]

si LHD meh ??

according to their welcom to Taiwan website.. their cars r RHD... however nd to apply for Int'l Driving Lic... $22 for 1 mth or mths bah..

si LHD meh ??

according to their welcom to Taiwan website.. their cars r RHD... however nd to apply for Int'l Driving Lic... $22 for 1 mth or mths bah..

Hi Bro,

Confirm left hand drive cause I just came back last month. Visit old friend and he lend us his car to drive aroumd other than be very careful, I find it very odd and funny cause for Spore we keep to the left and imagine on the T-junction and you are turning right this kind of odd to me. Other than in Taipei city which is very congested once you are out is pretty ok cause we have a GPS.

LHD.

Hi Bro,

Confirm left hand drive cause I just came back last month. Visit old friend and he lend us his car to drive aroumd other than be very careful, I find it very odd and funny cause for Spore we keep to the left and imagine on the T-junction and you are turning right this kind of odd to me. Other than in Taipei city which is very congested once you are out is pretty ok cause we have a GPS.

Hi Bro,

ah thankq for the cfmn..

if indeed renting... sure wun b driving in taipei since it's easily accessible by bus/train/rail/taxis...

more like rent to go mountains/lakes/seasides since less accessible & traffic

Driving outside of taipei city, traffic shld be ok. But u have to be careful and always rem tht the rd is left hand drive, do end up turn into the wrong side of the rd!

si LHD meh ??

pardon my x eyes... $20++ is NOT for 1 mth... but 1 year :blink::D

Sorry to hijack this thread "p

im intending to travel to taipei with my family hence we intend to book 1 set of connecting rooms and an additional room.

so far i was only to find that Casear Park Hotel has connecting room.

anybody else knows any other hotel with connecting rooms around ximending or taipei main station?

thanks in advance!

Supercharged

Sorry to hijack this thread "p

im intending to travel to taipei with my family hence we intend to book 1 set of connecting rooms and an additional room.

so far i was only to find that Casear Park Hotel has connecting room.

anybody else knows any other hotel with connecting rooms around ximending or taipei main station?

thanks in advance!

I booked through AirBnB in June. Whole apartment and only 10mins cab ride (NT$150-180) from 101.

You can look in AirBnB as well. I paid S$95/pax (total 3 pax) for 3 nights. There's many more available, some of which are situated in central or touristy areas.

For connecting rooms in XMD or Main Stn, I'd expect the price to be close to $200/night/room.

I booked through AirBnB in June. Whole apartment and only 10mins cab ride (NT$150-180) from 101.

You can look in AirBnB as well. I paid S$95/pax (total 3 pax) for 3 nights. There's many more available, some of which are situated in central or touristy areas.

For connecting rooms in XMD or Main Stn, I'd expect the price to be close to $200/night/room.

i tried airbnb but it wasnt suitable as im looking at 3bedrooms to fit my whole family.

the available 3 bedroom houses are quite far away from my ideal location.

Supercharged

i tried airbnb but it wasnt suitable as im looking at 3bedrooms to fit my whole family.

the available 3 bedroom houses are quite far away from my ideal location.

Then you have to try similar hotels to Caesar.

Another that comes to mind is Taipei Park

What I would do is to go hotels.com, trivago or even tripadvisor etc to search for similar hotels that suits your needs.

Then, contact the hotels individually.

By the way, have you booked your tickets?

Then you have to try similar hotels to Caesar.

Another that comes to mind is Taipei Park

What I would do is to go hotels.com, trivago or even tripadvisor etc to search for similar hotels that suits your needs.

Then, contact the hotels individually.

By the way, have you booked your tickets?

yeps.. flight tix booked with scoot.. cheapest that i can find now.

Hi all, any hotels in Ximending area to avoid? TIA!  [wave]

dun expect much from those budget ones, many come with small room, poor sound insulation. Some dun have reception lobby so you wait for the personnel to bring you to an apartment inside the residential block. 

After all you just need a room to sleep. 

Westgate will be the 'proper' hotel format.

I dunno but amba looks good to me. Westgate has better location, nearer to mrt

ehhh . . . westgate?  [sweatdrop]

dun expect much from those budget ones, many come with small room, poor sound insulation. Some dun have reception lobby so you wait for the personnel to bring you to an apartment inside the residential block. 

After all you just need a room to sleep. 

Westgate will be the 'proper' hotel format.

orh I see . . . westgate ish Ximen but the ding leh?  [laugh]

okay okay noted! 

↡ Advertisement