Taiwan: Hotels in Taipei

Getzoooom

I also got the NT$500 Yo-yo card (similar to our ezlink card) and I realised that the amount deducted for the trip is cheaper than buying the single trip tickets. For eg. a NT$20 trip if u buy single trip will only cost NT$16 if we deduct from the Yo-yo card.

↡ Advertisement

I stayed in Tango Xinyi for my last nite in Taipei but the shower is not as nice as the pics u posted for Tango Nanshi. However I still get the jacuzzi with the TV screen in front.... sibei shiok! [thumbsup]

Turbocharged
(edited)

I stayed in Tango Xinyi for my last nite in Taipei but the shower is not as nice as the pics u posted for Tango Nanshi. However I still get the jacuzzi with the TV screen in front.... sibei shiok! [thumbsup]

i got toilet bowl cover that auto opens, remote control two layer curtain, designer chair, free internet, good food, pretty and cute staffs. to me it's better than fullerton, ritzcarlton, marina mandarin singapore :D

Edited by Dafansu

what is the rate for tango hotel?

I paid NT$4,400 for one nite stay in Tango Xinyi. Mine is a sat nite so I guess it falls under weekend rate. The cheapest rm was NT$3,600 followed by NT$4,000. Unfortunately these two cats were not available when I did the booking.

Hotel is 5mins walking fm Yongchun metro station which is one stop away fm Taipei Cityhall station (Taipei 101).

I book through zuji for tango hotel and flight. Quite cheap.. Add abt S$186 for upgrade to premium room for a week stay.

Great to hear tat you enjoyed ur hotel stay cos i did too.... :D

Yep, it's next to a petrol station. But there's a passageway leading into the hotel so it's really quiet inside. Thing is, it is next to the MRT track but you can't hear a thing when the train passed by. Good soundproofing if you asked me. :D

If you frequent Shilin Night market a lot, the more you should stay at Grandee next time. Very convenient.

Wow, luckily I reach on Sat evening so there was no rain. The weather was really cooling though, I like.

Oh yah, for those who take MRT a lot, buy the NT$500 card. You will have $400 credit inside with $100 deposit. More convenient than buying the day pass or single trip ticket. When you return the card, you can get back whatever is left in the card plus the deposit. But they will deduct NT$20 as the card is returned in less than 3 mths.

I used the MRT to get everywhere. Danshui, 101, Taipei Zoo, CKS memorial hall, take the HSR, Zhongxiao Fuxing, etc. Also use the card to take the bus from City Hall MRT to 101.

If u r staying at the Taipei Main Station, there is this mega dept store called Xin Guang San Yue "星光三越" (Shinkong Mitsukoshi). Next to the dept store, there is a building that sells electronic/ computer stuff. But it's more like our Funan Center rather than Sim Lim Square and they carry mostly legit stuff and prices are not that cheap. There is a Daiso in this same building but most importantly, you can find the Gundam Base Taipei on the 4th floor. Even if u r not into Gundam, u should just go take a look.

Point noted Bro.

I'll have a day of free and easy on my own... [thumbsup]

Not sure if u seen the recent Taiwanese gangster flick "Monga" (艋舺)? Some of the location of the movie is shot near the Huaxi Street Tourist Night Market which is actually in the Monga area itself.

You can take the metro and get off at Longshan Temple (1 stop after Xi Men Ding). There is a very famous Longshan Temple there if u r into such praying stuff.

There is a street market before the Huaxi Tourist Night Market and turn into it and you can find tons of vendors selling AV movies... [sly]

Thanks for the tips.... this is interesting..

Is it worth getting IT and camera accessories from there?

I'm actually looking for media player and Camera bag. Still hesitating, whether I should bring my DSLR or just bought a new compact camera to bring along...

Hello Kitty Restaurant u want to go or not? [:p]

Dun laugh hor...... the waitress there quite cute some more got a lot of xiao mei mei clients.... if u get my drift... [sly]

what kind of food they sell? I might consider.. [:p]

Do they sell hello kitty stuff? Cheap or not?

Turbocharged

I book through zuji for tango hotel and flight. Quite cheap.. Add abt S$186 for upgrade to premium room for a week stay.

i booked tango nanshi for about this price also, highly recommended if u willing to pay about this price, they have three different branches. Nanshi will be just outside a train station.

what kind of food they sell? I might consider.. [:p]

Do they sell hello kitty stuff? Cheap or not?

Food is mostly pasta but the cakes there is pretty good. And it comes in Kitty Shapes so a bit cannot bear to poke your spoon into the cat's face.

A set starts fm about NT$400 n u get a soup, salad, main course, dessert and drinks. Quite reasonably priced and taste wise is so-so, a bit like pasta mania standard.

They r located at 90 Da-an Sec 1 n u can take the metro and get off at Zhong Xiao Fu Xing station. Take exit 3, walk on the main road for 5mins and restaurant is in a lane on the right. Quite easy to find.

Food is mostly pasta but the cakes there is pretty good. And it comes in Kitty Shapes so a bit cannot bear to poke your spoon into the cat's face.

A set starts fm about NT$400 n u get a soup, salad, main course, dessert and drinks. Quite reasonably priced and taste wise is so-so, a bit like pasta mania standard.

They r located at 90 Da-an Sec 1 n u can take the metro and get off at Zhong Xiao Fu Xing station. Take exit 3, walk on the main road for 5mins and restaurant is in a lane on the right. Quite easy to find.

Thanks for the info. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Will be staying in Grand Hyatt in late Nov.

Besides the 101 tower which is next to it, any other attractions that are near?

Saw in some review that this hotel is a huanted hotel cos of the land it is built on. Asked around from ppl who have stayed there and it seems ok.

Taipei 101 is in the Xinyi district and there are loads of shopping malls and a mega bookstore in the area besides Taipei 101 itself. But the stuff are mainly mid to high-end so don't expect night market prices. Still it's a great area for people watching and especially vibrant on weekends.

Here's what u can expect to find in the area:

1) Shin Kong Mitsukoshi (新光三越)

This is a jap dept store similar to our Taka but 10 times bigger in size. They have like four or five buildings (each about 3 ~ 4 stories) congregated in the single stretch. The sheer expanse of it never fail to fascinate me no matter how many times I'm there.

2) Eslite Bookstore (誠品信義店)

Similar to our Borders but again, 10 times bigger. They sell more than books and you can find loads of other lifestyle products in there.

They open till late (around 2am I think) so it's a great place to hangout if u got nothing else planned for the night. Another fave place of mine.

3) Vieshow Cinemas (威秀影城)

This is a Cineplex and they got like 17 screens. But watching movies isn't very cheap in Taipei. Cost about NT$260 for a weekend ticket.

5) New York New York (紐約紐約)

Another shopping mall but mostly lifestyle stuff. I think there's a Muji in there, Toys R' Us, an Apple Store and a few ice cream and fast food outlets.

They are all reachable by walking but mind you, this area is quite big so it's not like a 5mins radius. I reckon it's a bit like walking from one end of Orchard to the other. And if u pop in every mall, you can easily spend half a day. Factor in shopping time, meal time and probably toilet breaks in between, you can easily spend the entire day there.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the info. Is travelling around easy from there? like using the subways, etc?

Might be spending just 5 days there.

↡ Advertisement