Accident @ Mandai / Sembawang /Yishun Ave 1 junction

Defelio

Neutral Newbie

This is the third accident i have seen at this junction which happens all at night time. Almost got into an accident her last time also..

[:|]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I live near there.

I've lost count the number of accidents that occured there. Something must be wrong for so many accidents to occur in one particular area.

Normally, when I go back home via Mandai Rd towards Yishun Ave 1, at that junction oncoming turning vehicles towards Air Base would appear to beat the red lights. In the sense that my side is already green, but there are still vehicles turning and many times block the traffic junction due to another light in front of the Air Base which went red.

The traffic light timing is either really bad or a lot of vehicle don't care and beat the red light.

So it's either adjust timing or put red light camera. But then the red light camera don't appear to catch turning vehicles.

Neutral Newbie

The slope and 2 lane turning obstruct the view...

5 lanes from Yishun Ave 1, towards Mandai got 3 lanes, 2 turn right lanes, i keanna three times from idiot cutting from lane 1 into lane 2... Freaking cannot drive straight. [bounce1][smash]

ohh that junction right turn to khatib camp.. saw a accident at that junction b4, that accident also quite jialat.. dunnoe is the bad traffic design or careless drivers..

Aiyah..I know what you mean.

I kena one really dumb driver switching from lane one to lane two while making right turn from Yishun Ave 1 to Sembawang Road. I was in lane 2 and have to jam brake behind me got tipper some more. My left side got bike squeezing in. Scared until my face turn white. [sweatdrop]

Normally, when I go back home via Mandai Rd towards Yishun Ave 1, at that junction oncoming turning vehicles towards Air Base would appear to beat the red lights. In the sense that my side is already green, but there are still vehicles turning and many times block the traffic junction due to another light in front of the Air Base which went red.

The traffic light timing is either really bad or a lot of vehicle don't care and beat the red light.

So it's either adjust timing or put red light camera. But then the red light camera don't appear to catch turning vehicles.

exactly! the oncoming vehicles either do not notice or just act blur ... in the evening always got vehicles blocking the way due to the red light outside seletar airbase. the vehicles going to yishun will be blocked on the left. quite pissed sometimes when you have the green light but can't move at all! [mad]

Neutral Newbie
The slope and 2 lane turning obstruct the view...

5 lanes from Yishun Ave 1, towards Mandai got 3 lanes, 2 turn right lanes, i keanna three times from idiot cutting from lane 1 into lane 2... Freaking cannot drive straight. [bounce1][smash]

I also find that on Sembawang road heading towards Kathid camp. Did you notice because it is downslope, there are 2 sets of traffic lights. The 2nd set of traffic lights are situated where Sembawang air base is.

Because it is downslope, alot of people look at the 2nd set of traffic lights instead of the 1st set. There can be times where the 2nd set is green and the 1st set red. This than led them to drive through thinking the lights are green.

Agreed, over the years of my reservists at SBAB, i myself got a little confused once after e downslope when drving in the camp. [shakehead]

Edited by Mlimhs
↡ Advertisement