Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:21 AM

Sleepyman
  • Sleepyman
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Theres a 'Gong-gong' sound when pressing my brakes. back and font... I noticed a few days ago only...

Hmm my car is quite new 6 mths and 10k only?(all stock)

wat do you think is wrong?

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:28 AM

Zcold
  • Zcold
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

was it hard braking or normal braking?

did u feel vibrations up yr brake pedal?

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:05 AM

Sleepyman
  • Sleepyman
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hmm hard braking mostly. dun know for sure it vibrates to the pedal(will check it out later).

Most noticeable when parking, everytime i brake i can hear the sound and vibrations ' like ur under rear bumper is scrapping the curb' feeling.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:46 AM

Sleepyman
  • Sleepyman
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I started getting a loud clunk when I had to brake hard or when reversing then stepping on the brakes. It sounded like someone under the car was kicking the floor of my rear boot area .

Does not vibrate to the pedal. Case of something wrong?

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:39 AM

Beei
  • Premium member
    Beei
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Deleted

Edited by Beei, 24 November 2008 - 06:40 AM.

The secret to enjoying your job is to have a hobby that is even worse.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:23 AM

Dipstick
  • Dipstick
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What's the make and model of our car? A few years ago I had a car that had the same problem. The AD couldn't fix it and the prob persisted till the day I sold it.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

[B]It's not a race. It's better to be late than dead. Drive at a sensible speed. [B]

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:10 AM

Hermit
  • Premium member
    Hermit
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Possible ABS kicking in? sweatdrop.gif

Any gurus to comment?
身体发肤,受之父母.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:24 AM

Mavvy
  • Mavvy
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hard braking kicks in ABS. Easily can find out information using search in MCF here.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:26 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

check lower arm ball joints wink.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:30 AM

Tanjkp
  • Tanjkp
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Not trying to scare U.
My experience on my old car found on this was the sub-frame mount screw loose that the mount moved resulting the noise during moving off / braking.

Though ur car is still new, poor workmanship of screw forgotten to tighten can occur during production.

One of the new car I got found with tail lamp cover chipped -- properly defect part mounted. Agent changed it after showed them.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:37 AM

Leecc73
  • Premium member
    Leecc73
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Better check, its could be dangerous sometime. Last time i have this but its due to the brake pad all gone, and the oli leak till finished, the spring unable to retract back.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

Edmund932
  • Edmund932
    1st Gear
    Author Image

TS, hijack your thread cause I got a similar problem.

I notice when I do soft braking, I hear some 'tock-tock' sound coming from the brakes. I can't make out if it is from the front or the back. Have been there for quite some time already. But strangly when i do hard braking, the sound disappears. My ride is also a stock ride. 2.5 years old.
Btw, there isn't any vibrations. Just that the sound is there. Braking is normal.

Any gurus know what is the likely source of this problem? Please advise..

Thanks.

Edited by Edmund932, 24 November 2008 - 12:29 PM.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:43 PM

Zcold
  • Zcold
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hmm hard braking mostly. dun know for sure it vibrates to the pedal(will check it out later).

Most noticeable when parking, everytime i brake i can hear the sound and vibrations ' like ur under rear bumper is scrapping the curb' feeling.

hmmm... when ABS activate when u jam brake... the sound is "kung kung"...
sounds the same...
difference is i could feel vibrations thru the brake pedal (wearing thin sole slippers.. so could feel very well)

not sure if its ABS activate in yr case... doesnt seems like thou...

better bring to workshop for a check... esp since yr ride is new...

sometimes when i park... then wanna re-adjust car... forgot that i have handbrake up... then will have this scraping 'eee' sound... shouldn't be this case in your car rite...

maybe gurus here can help wave.gif

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Theres a 'Gong-gong' sound when pressing my brakes. back and font... I noticed a few days ago only...

Brudder, look up your car manual. I encountered this when my car was less than 6mths old.

A kind of "KRONG KRONG" sound when you step on the brake pedal right? It says in the manual that the car is "learning" something and doing adjustments. confused.gif confused.gif

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:51 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It might be the tire linkage is not bolted at all. Thus when u apply brake, the tire stop but the chassis is still in momentum.

Tis was wat happen when I serviced my old COE car in a workshop. The mechanic forgot to replace the bolt after servicing the clutch, timing belt and water pump. After driving for 10km, felt the same jerking thing. Drove car back to workshop n told the boss to try the car. On round the industrial estate, he found the problem, jack up the car and replace the bolt. Braking went back to normal.

Bring to a workshop to check.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:39 PM

Sleepyman
  • Sleepyman
    4th Gear
    Author Image

My ride is an Impreza 1.6i. All stock.

Tks all bro for the feedback. I will go to my workshop to check as still under warranty.

Thing is I noticed it only a few days ago.

My colleague whom i always pick up to work also asked me when i was parking and braked: " you scrapped ur bumper against the curb?" She also remembered there was no sound last time...

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:59 PM

Hybridwalker
  • Hybridwalker
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I have a new auto car bought last year. It also produce a gong sound when I release handbrake and then go from P to D. 

I think by releasing the handbrake first, the weight of the car rests on the gearbox so the gear is very 'tight' thus producing the sound. 

If I change P to D first, then release handbrake the sound is gone. 

Mustank praised this

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:31 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You revived a 9 year old thread. [laugh]

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:20 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You revived a 9 year old thread. [laugh]

I think ts now thinking renew coe liao :grin:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:34 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think ts now thinking renew coe liao :grin:

Could have changed the car long ago if the problem persisted.

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Gong, gong, sound, when, pressing and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users