Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
219 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:40 AM

Winniethepooh
  • Winniethepooh
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi fellow forummers

does anyone have recommendations for a reliable car servicing shop near cck or bukit batok? i used to send my tucson to hyundai for servicing but find it very ex. also far from my place. thanks in advance!

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:06 PM

Picanto
hmm.... avoid RV at AMK for a start if you looking for affordable servicing.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:12 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

AutoSaver. I think Toh Guan has a shop.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:18 PM

Nkps
  • Premium member
    Nkps
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

JAYBEE... worth the jam and at the same time can pump some affordable petrol when back.
~~~ modest wealth comes from frugality and great wealth is Heaven's will ~~~

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

Kamen
  • Kamen
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

There is one workshop that do most hyundai car located in the Esso petrol kiosk opposite Singapore Casket at lavender. Can try...the boss named Gary - 91094728.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:29 PM

Woodlandsjazz
  • Woodlandsjazz
    1st Gear
    Author Image

bukit batok chuan lee hin is cool~ at midview building there

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

Rb1623m
  • Rb1623m
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I have been servicing with RV for more than 5 years and I find them very reliable and cheaper than agent. I guess each individual's definition of affordable varies. If you are looking for $10 or $15 labor charge, then I guess RV is not meant for you.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

Blue850r
  • Blue850r
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Autobacs at Bukit Batok. $58 for mineral oil change with filter change

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:52 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have been servicing with RV for more than 5 years and I find them very reliable and cheaper than agent. I guess each individual's definition of affordable varies. If you are looking for $10 or $15 labor charge, then I guess RV is not meant for you.
======================

I think any ws sud b cheaper than agent.

If outside ws is more ex than agent, I doubt he can survive for long.

Even agent now cannot survive with their high prices. They have to tie u down with "service package" if u want your so called "warranty" from them.

I chucked my "warranty" in the dustbin when I bought my 2nd hand Chevy.

I do all repairs & servicing at simple OMO ws for a fraction of the cost of going to agent. The $$$ I saved can go to pay for any repairs which come from wear & tear issues.

Even agent wont cover wear & tear parts in their warranty. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:01 PM

Kungming
  • Kungming
    4th Gear
    Author Image

AutoSaver. I think Toh Guan has a shop.

AS is not longer cheap hor

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:18 AM

Rb1623m
  • Rb1623m
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

In terms of which workshop to service the ride that costs tens or hundreds of thousands, I always tell my friends that most importantly one should feel comfortable with whichever workshop they patronize, be it OMO workshop or sophisticated workshop like RV which has the necessary expertise and diagnostic tools to perform service/repair. At the end of the day, it is a willing service provider-willing customer market. We also ought to know all workshops are not charitable organizations. They run a business to make profits. In this trying climate, it will be interesting to see how many workshops will be wit out or continue to survive.

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:05 AM

Picanto
autobacs service jobs are often done in a rush and not cheap. if you looking at autobacs type of prices, might as well go RV.

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:48 AM

Blue850r
  • Blue850r
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Well Autobacs is easy to recommend to forumers here. Their shop easy to find and also looks genuine on their listed service packages. Moreover if you opt for the syn oil package, it is only $78. What's good, they dont keep asking you to change this and change that.

RV is not "branded" in a sense. I have not been there so I cant comment. I believe most workshops dont list out their service package on banners, so you may run the risks of high prices after the job is done. And again many workshops tend to ask you to change many things after taking your car in. Then your final bill is not what you want to see or budgeted for.

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

Blue850r
  • Blue850r
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yes totally agreed, have to be comfortable with the workshop and their service.

I had a friend who thinks all workshops are the same. So he just pop in to a workshop at AMK autopt to service his Corolla. He brings his oil. He left the car there. Shortly, he received a call from the workshop telling him that the radiator fan is not working and needs to change, $200. Not really expensive if the fan is truely not working. There was no overheating before he went into the workshop and mileage is around 60K kms.

Can only suspect that workshop pull a fast one.

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:05 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My thoughts exactly. U must b comfortable with the ws u use.

As most of the time I just need a service, my OMO ws can easily handle it. No special diagnostic tools or skills needed. Just some good ol experience & basic tools. sly.gif

Only if there is some serious problem which my OMO ws cannot rectify, wil I consider going to a high tech ws. sweatdrop.gif

Like this I keep my costs very low. thumbsup.gif

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I had a friend who thinks all workshops are the same. So he just pop in to a workshop at AMK autopt to service his Corolla. He brings his oil. He left the car there. Shortly, he received a call from the workshop telling him that the radiator fan is not working and needs to change, $200. Not really expensive if the fan is truely not working. There was no overheating before he went into the workshop and mileage is around 60K kms.

Can only suspect that workshop pull a fast one.
=======================

This is very common with our local ws.

I had to learn the hard way. furious.gif

But at least I learnt my lesson after several time being cheated. blush.gif

That's why I always say most important is the ws/boss/workers r HONEST.

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:42 PM

Newbie_driver
  • Newbie_driver
    4th Gear
    Author Image

just send my altis to autosaver for servicing for the first time, cost me $700+.
- the 50K servicing cost me abt $129
- suspension spoilt cos they say leak so change all 4 cost abt $500
- battery weak so change one cost abt $100

dun know my AD never check suspension spoil or act blur... warranty just expire so now choice...

Edited by Newbie_driver, 09 December 2008 - 04:47 PM.

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:57 PM

Fongs
  • Fongs
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Autob*cs? Parts ex., mech anyhow recommend change of parts/ additional service...

mech recommended me to change plugs at 10kkm. Their copper plugs at $7ea. Tat time blur blur let them change. Found out later tat copper can last till at last 20kkm! whip.gif Also, mech recommended me to do engine flush at 20kkm...

nvm, went there once & never again. Although their shop juz 5mins drive from where i stay.

I quite like the Lavendar Esso WS. Boss friendly and will not pester u to change this & tat. Bring own oil & filter labour is $15... used to $10 but increase liao.

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

Blue850r
  • Blue850r
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I also felt that A-bacs mechanics are not too experienced. Since they are not a workshop for major repairs, just oil change type of service, the mechanics are usually the new guy on the trade type.

But when I ask for just oil change package, they just do what I ask for and never recommend me any other stuff.

Some motorist like workshop to check their car and inform them what needs to be changed. You had probably come across motorist who complain saying workshop only did what they are asked to do. Never inform them or check if other parts needs to change, bad service, blah blah blah..But others only like to change only what they asked for, just like me.

On the subject of plugs changed at 10k kms and etc....nowadays this is the way to make more money for the company. Even the main car agents are also doing this. MacDonalds also ask you to up size their meals

If you bother to check the owner's manual, normal plugs are good for at least 30K to 40K kms while the long life type is 100,000kms. In fact, manufacturers recommended change intervals are already built-in with some buffer, meaning to say the parts can actuially last longer than that.

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:12 AM

Fongs
  • Fongs
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I can see the diff... I brought my own oil & filter. Didn't get their package. Maybe tat's why kena chop carrot! knife.gif

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: recommendations, reliable and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users