Any recommendations for reliable affordable car servicing?

Winniethepooh

hi fellow forummers

does anyone have recommendations for a reliable car servicing shop near cck or bukit batok? i used to send my tucson to hyundai for servicing but find it very ex. also far from my place. thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

There is one workshop that do most hyundai car located in the Esso petrol kiosk opposite Singapore Casket at lavender. Can try...the boss named Gary - 91094728.

I have been servicing with RV for more than 5 years and I find them very reliable and cheaper than agent. I guess each individual's definition of affordable varies. If you are looking for $10 or $15 labor charge, then I guess RV is not meant for you.

I have been servicing with RV for more than 5 years and I find them very reliable and cheaper than agent. I guess each individual's definition of affordable varies. If you are looking for $10 or $15 labor charge, then I guess RV is not meant for you.

======================

I think any ws sud b cheaper than agent.

If outside ws is more ex than agent, I doubt he can survive for long.

Even agent now cannot survive with their high prices. They have to tie u down with "service package" if u want your so called "warranty" from them.

I chucked my "warranty" in the dustbin when I bought my 2nd hand Chevy.

I do all repairs & servicing at simple OMO ws for a fraction of the cost of going to agent. The $$$ I saved can go to pay for any repairs which come from wear & tear issues.

Even agent wont cover wear & tear parts in their warranty. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

In terms of which workshop to service the ride that costs tens or hundreds of thousands, I always tell my friends that most importantly one should feel comfortable with whichever workshop they patronize, be it OMO workshop or sophisticated workshop like RV which has the necessary expertise and diagnostic tools to perform service/repair. At the end of the day, it is a willing service provider-willing customer market. We also ought to know all workshops are not charitable organizations. They run a business to make profits. In this trying climate, it will be interesting to see how many workshops will be wit out or continue to survive.

Well Autobacs is easy to recommend to forumers here. Their shop easy to find and also looks genuine on their listed service packages. Moreover if you opt for the syn oil package, it is only $78. What's good, they dont keep asking you to change this and change that.

RV is not "branded" in a sense. I have not been there so I cant comment. I believe most workshops dont list out their service package on banners, so you may run the risks of high prices after the job is done. And again many workshops tend to ask you to change many things after taking your car in. Then your final bill is not what you want to see or budgeted for.

Yes totally agreed, have to be comfortable with the workshop and their service.

I had a friend who thinks all workshops are the same. So he just pop in to a workshop at AMK autopt to service his Corolla. He brings his oil. He left the car there. Shortly, he received a call from the workshop telling him that the radiator fan is not working and needs to change, $200. Not really expensive if the fan is truely not working. There was no overheating before he went into the workshop and mileage is around 60K kms.

Can only suspect that workshop pull a fast one.

My thoughts exactly. U must b comfortable with the ws u use.

As most of the time I just need a service, my OMO ws can easily handle it. No special diagnostic tools or skills needed. Just some good ol experience & basic tools. [sly]

Only if there is some serious problem which my OMO ws cannot rectify, wil I consider going to a high tech ws. [sweatdrop]

Like this I keep my costs very low. [thumbsup]

I had a friend who thinks all workshops are the same. So he just pop in to a workshop at AMK autopt to service his Corolla. He brings his oil. He left the car there. Shortly, he received a call from the workshop telling him that the radiator fan is not working and needs to change, $200. Not really expensive if the fan is truely not working. There was no overheating before he went into the workshop and mileage is around 60K kms.

Can only suspect that workshop pull a fast one.

=======================

This is very common with our local ws.

I had to learn the hard way. [furious]

But at least I learnt my lesson after several time being cheated. [blush]

That's why I always say most important is the ws/boss/workers r HONEST.

just send my altis to autosaver for servicing for the first time, cost me $700+.

- the 50K servicing cost me abt $129

- suspension spoilt cos they say leak so change all 4 cost abt $500

- battery weak so change one cost abt $100

dun know my AD never check suspension spoil or act blur... warranty just expire so now choice... frown.gif

Edited by Newbie_driver

Neutral Newbie

Autob*cs? Parts ex., mech anyhow recommend change of parts/ additional service...

mech recommended me to change plugs at 10kkm. Their copper plugs at $7ea. Tat time blur blur let them change. Found out later tat copper can last till at last 20kkm! [whip] Also, mech recommended me to do engine flush at 20kkm...

nvm, went there once & never again. Although their shop juz 5mins drive from where i stay.

I quite like the Lavendar Esso WS. Boss friendly and will not pester u to change this & tat. Bring own oil & filter labour is $15... used to $10 but increase liao.

↡ Advertisement