Any recommendations for reliable affordable car servicing?

Winniethepooh

yes, i intend to go there as well.

by the way, where do you get your oem oil filters and plugs?

I get mine from Fong Tat at Serangoon road or Ric-tat at Owen Road.

http://www.fongtat.com/subsidiaries.html

Or you can choose from this list :

http://www.singaporemirror.com.sg/ps_autoparts.htm

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...d_supplies.html

No doubt RV is good, but for simple servicing their price seems kinda... anyway to each his own [flowerface] anyone use ah lim motor before also at amk autopoint?

simple servicing can go to better WS than RV. any what the boss of RV drive since he likes to overcharge even for simple things??

Turbocharged

you still say arlar bee expensive...

wait kenna lim kopi with his lawyar [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Sabian

simple servicing can go to better WS than RV. any what the boss of RV drive since he likes to overcharge even for simple things??

I'm driving a Toyota Axio and have been visiting my S$10 workshop since after the 1st free PI workshop servicing. Now already 20+k km already.

If there are any electronic or electrical issue that my workshop cant resolve, I would not mind paying to visit RV at all.

For simple servicing, my S$10 workshop will do fine. BTW I used to service marine engines which are way bigger than car engines. :D

I'm driving a Toyota Axio and have been visiting my S$10 workshop since after the 1st free PI workshop servicing. Now already 20+k km already.

If there are any electronic or electrical issue that my workshop cant resolve, I would not mind paying to visit RV at all.

For simple servicing, my S$10 workshop will do fine. BTW I used to service marine engines which are way bigger than car engines. :D

if you got spare cash on hand and dun mind overpriced services, then RV would be quite good

you still say arlar bee expensive...

wait kenna lim kopi with his lawyar [lipsrsealed]

EXPENSIVE is a fact. i dun think anyone here got defame RV etc.

Neutral Newbie

Dear Picanto....move on in life....your view on RV since 2008 till now 2009 is still the same, Nobody will force you to change that. there are much better things in life to do then to try to voice your personal view on a certain workshop whom you may have some different agenda with. i know you are trying to "warn" others through your personal experience or view.

Just be ready to stand by what you say and what you believe in strongly when challenge arise.

When one setup a business to provide a service, and spend 17 years building, it wont be destroy over night by a guy who try to put them down in a forum. THe business are rock solid. not build on sand.

Good tree bear good fruit, bad tree bear bad fruit, if RV is a good tree... your voice will be in vain, you wont be able to stop them. On the other hand if RV is a bad tree, no need you to bring it down, RV will be close in no time and they wont be standing strong for the past 17 years.

again move on in life, there are better thing and worthy things for you to pursue in life.

I like to leave with this quote ( it doesnt mean you have unforgiveness i just quoting as it is nice)

" Unforgiveness is like you are drinking the poison and hoping the other person die"

regards

Dylan

Dear Picanto....move on in life....your view on RV since 2008 till now 2009 is still the same, Nobody will force you to change that. there are much better things in life to do then to try to voice your personal view on a certain workshop whom you may have some different agenda with. i know you are trying to "warn" others through your personal experience or view.

Just be ready to stand by what you say and what you believe in strongly when challenge arise.

When one setup a business to provide a service, and spend 17 years building, it wont be destroy over night by a guy who try to put them down in a forum. THe business are rock solid. not build on sand.

Good tree bear good fruit, bad tree bear bad fruit, if RV is a good tree... your voice will be in vain, you wont be able to stop them. On the other hand if RV is a bad tree, no need you to bring it down, RV will be close in no time and they wont be standing strong for the past 17 years.

again move on in life, there are better thing and worthy things for you to pursue in life.

I like to leave with this quote ( it doesnt mean you have unforgiveness i just quoting as it is nice)

" Unforgiveness is like you are drinking the poison and hoping the other person die"

regards

Dylan

what you talking about? did anyone ask you or the forumers here not to go to RV? since you say they are good, then go rv lah. dun need to type this type of biased response.

Do you have facts to support this statement?

Aside from C n C, I would go back to RV. Vincent recommends what you need and of course if you want more he is all right with it.

Last time I went there with my old ride, I asked to change the absorber. He recommended a malaysian made and comes with warranty. I save $100 over KYB Excel G which has no warranty.

hi..anyone knows if they or somewhere else to recommend change of 3rd brake light? roughly how much? lastly my rear bumper got slight scratch (abt 1 $10 note size)due to the lowered flooring of a certain uneven carpark i went to today, can use normal spray or anyone can pls help or recommend? thks a million to all seniors out there..

it seems like you got a special price, i went to the workshop u recommended.

Also not $15 either, they raised price? or i went wrong shop? upper thomson caltex. The place with 3 petrol stations side by side.

I was quoted $20 for change of oil, filter & plugs. Anyway i did the service anyway since i already there.

Neutral Newbie

what you talking about? did anyone ask you or the forumers here not to go to RV? since you say they are good, then go rv lah. dun need to type this type of biased response.

What you talking about, did anyone or the forumers here force you to go RV....since you say RV expensive..then dont go rv lah, dun need to type this type of biased response (in the first place) ^_^

hmm.... avoid RV at AMK for a start if you looking for affordable servicing.

Edited by Dylanyap

Neutral Newbie

motorgard @ tampines industrial park. went there for servicing once. change oil and filter and plugs at $70+. service quite fast. includes topping up of this and that fluid.. this is my 1st car and my 1st servicing other then AD. AD quoted me ridiculous pricing.. did my maths and gave up on the warranty..

Also not $15 either, they raised price? or i went wrong shop? upper thomson caltex. The place with 3 petrol stations side by side.

I was quoted $20 for change of oil, filter & plugs. Anyway i did the service anyway since i already there.

I think the caltex shop increases price now. Used to be $10, now $20.

My last visit was 31 Dec 2008 and it was still S$10. Look at my post here : http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=2637715

U changed spark plugs also leh. For me its oil change and oil filter change only. If need to change plugs, last time was S$15. So now its S$20.

Do you have facts to support this statement?

simple oil change is expensive due to whatever surcharge he impose. dun want to quarrel with anyone here due to a small workshop boss. everyone can choose which WS they want to go to.

↡ Advertisement