Aircon Problem

Surferguy1978

Hi guys,

need your expertise advise on my lancer aircon.

recently, for no reason, my car aircon not cold anymore. the first time this sympton occurs, the rpm shoot up to around 1.5k rpm while the car is idling. it stay at 1.5k rpm for a while and it drop to the normal rpm of 0.8k rpm. the next thing is the aircon not cold anymore.

when this sympton occurs, i switch off my car and switch on again and it go back to normal.

this sympton occurs quite often now. 3 times already. any advise or any shop which can repair aircon?

thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Your aircon compressor clutch did not engage when it should. So the compressor is not working hence no cold air. The rpm goes higher because the FICD, Fast Idle control device increase the throttle in anticipation of compressor coming ON. Since no load from compressor, the increase in throttle makes the rpm higher.

thanks. manage to google and found the address

Mark-Cool Auto Air-Conditioning Service

106 Woodlands Industrial Park E 3, 757840, Singapore

Edited by Surferguy1978

This is something Ah Huat and I encountered before, but the change in rpm for my case was not as apparent as yours.

Another possible reason: The relay for the compressor did not change over, to turn it on..

Good luck bro [thumbsup]

Hi guys,

need your expertise advise on my lancer aircon.

recently, for no reason, my car aircon not cold anymore. the first time this sympton occurs, the rpm shoot up to around 1.5k rpm while the car is idling. it stay at 1.5k rpm for a while and it drop to the normal rpm of 0.8k rpm. the next thing is the aircon not cold anymore.

when this sympton occurs, i switch off my car and switch on again and it go back to normal.

this sympton occurs quite often now. 3 times already. any advise or any shop which can repair aircon?

thanks!

should be thermostat... get it check... [;)]

your is auto or manual?

is the rpm shoot up when engage gear, 1st gear, neutral, shoot up..?(manual)

i used to drive lancer and got this prob b4.

There could be a couple of cause that makes the clutch not to engaged. The clutch itself can spoil but unlikely unless your mileage is very high, above 160,000kms on the odometer.

There is a sensor on the drier/receiver to ensure there is enough aircon gas in the system, then it will trigger the clutch. So either this sensor is spoilt or there is really not enough aircon gas. The Aircon gas also carries along the oil to circulates to the compressor for lubrication. So if there is a lack of aircon gas, the sensor detects it and prevent the compressor fromm running without lubrication.

Do you have a situation where the aircon becomes very cold and white smoke blows out of the aircon vent in your dialy driving?

I will suggest that you top up the Aircon gas. May cost you $20 or so. Then you see if this problem goes away. If problem goes away and after 4 to 5 months it come back, means there is a leak.

This is the cheapest first step for your problem.

if not wrong,,is your ECU...

last time they re programme mine...after that no problems liao..

at first even changed compresser, trottle etc etc...all also can not correct,,somer more funny thing is that off ac, no probelms only when on..so C&C at first suspect is ac..l

later got a eng from japan and they got a clinic ,,,from there e jap find the fault,,,

Turbocharged

Hi bro,

don't mind i 'hijack' your thread abit..since i am also facing similar problems as you..

Recently, after heavy jam(1hr+ those SG-Msia causeway type), my air con become not cold. Only after i cleared the jam and travelled about 2-3km then the aircom start becoming cold.

I suspected that the compressor refuse to start during jam because usually when the compressor kicks in, i can feel and hear it starting up..but during these type of long jam, the compressor didn't even start..

Is this normal? do i need to bring it for a check?