• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
145 replies to this topic | 155 praises

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:49 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

NB... are all Instant Water Heater all same same..... change a few liao... but all like CMI.... no pressure liek that..... the water come out like pan leo like that.... don;t tell me I need to install those Storage tank???.... Any one facing the same problem??? Still prefer instant Water Heater....save electricity and $$$$.... rolleyes.gif
________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:56 PM

Xspace
  • Xspace
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Sounds more like the building's water pressure rather than the heater?
Please follow the signature guidelines.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:01 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

like that even worst... got to move house??? dizzy.gif
________________________________________________________________________________
________

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:09 PM

Dwoon
  • Premium member
    Dwoon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Unless your other taps about the house all have good water pressure..... only the heater outlet doesn't, then most likely the heater is the cause.

Then is there any diff in water flow between hot & cold setting? Normally, the hotter the setting, the slower the flow......

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

Xspace
  • Xspace
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Need some building expert to advise...

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

u stay top floor is it? but these days, HDB comes with booster pump, so no matter where u live, shd have decent water pressure.

instant heater has different settings. some settings make the water hotter by using more current. but it only works to a certain extent. beyond that temperature, even hotter water is achieved by restricting the flow.

go see if ur heater is restricting the flow. instant heater pressure confirm lose to storage heater, but shd be good enuff to supply a regular shower head. if u using rain shower then just too bad laugh.gif

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

dunnit building expert..simple logic answer liao.. laugh.gif

water pressure of the building is not the problem..

the problem lies in the designs of the water heater..you look at the inlet pipe diameter of those heater..compare it to the diameter of the pipes leading to your taps..

simple logic says that 'what goes in must come out'..so the volumetric flowrate going into the heater must be equal to the flowrate coming out..

the inlet pipe is the bottleneck..it's limiting the amount of water flowing into the heater..

2002 Honda Civic ES8 (2003-2013) | 2009 Honda Civic FD2 (2009 - present) | 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 (2013 - present)

Visit my travel blog at http://almostafreque...er.blogspot.com

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

Xspace
  • Xspace
    5th Gear
    Author Image

u da man... sibei chim...

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:17 PM

Mrlau
  • Mrlau
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I got similar problem like this. After moved in to this house, the water from the heater is small liek pan leo...

I thought the problem with the water heater, thinking to change to a new one.
Fedup abit, I dismentle the hose and start to on/off/on/off, the water flow still the same, then suddenly 1 rubber flow out from the outlet, and the water flow become normal. Problem solved.

Still not understand why the rubber was there...?? furious.gif

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

(1)What about High Pressure water Heaters which supply water under very high pressure.
How do they work???

(2)Same quantity of water out as in?

1. Personally, i have never seen those high pressure water heaters..so can't really explain how it works..

my home is using those 200L big ass heater running on gas supplying 3 bathrooms..so i have no prob with water pressure..but my experience with those mini wall mounted heaters are similar to what the TS experiences..low water pressure..

2. The heater is not storing any water right? so if 1m^3 of water flowing into the heater in say 10seconds means 1m^3 of water must flow out from the heater in 10sec lor.

Water pressure is dependent on height of the tank above the heater, which in TS's case, is constant. So the limiting factor in the water heater system is the diameter of the pipe flowing into the heater.

Edited by Shull, 29 November 2008 - 06:35 PM.

2002 Honda Civic ES8 (2003-2013) | 2009 Honda Civic FD2 (2009 - present) | 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 (2013 - present)

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:36 PM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

lol.i just had my fluid mechanics exam on tues..so everything is still fresh in my mind..

an electronic expert here? my electronics paper comin up on mon..and i'm still blur abt the whole topic.. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

Xspace
  • Xspace
    5th Gear
    Author Image

加油 nod.gif

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:51 AM

Tay107
  • Tay107
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

how is the pressure of other tap ??? ok.
if the pressure is too low the heater will not turn on.

change the spray head where --- less hole n small diameter so the water spray out higher pressure.

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:29 AM

Chrispie
  • Premium member
    Chrispie
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Why not call PUB and they will send their ppl to check for you. Heard from a pub supervisor sometimes if your neighbour install their own pump, it will sap pressure from adjacent units. You nver know...

Rather than spending again on a heater, the real issue could be the water pressure..

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:57 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

repeated

Edited by Nlatio, 30 November 2008 - 03:01 PM.

________

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Unless your other taps about the house all have good water pressure..... only the heater outlet doesn't, then most likely the heater is the cause.

Then is there any diff in water flow between hot & cold setting? Normally, the hotter the setting, the slower the flow......

ya my other taps are alrite.... only the heater one very telok..... already set the water flow to max.... don't really need it to be so hot.... but still....
________

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:07 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

the problem lies in the designs of the water heater..you look at the inlet pipe diameter of those heater..compare it to the diameter of the pipes leading to your taps..

the inlet pipe is the bottleneck..it's limiting the amount of water flowing into the heater..

hmmm any good model/brand of Instant Water Heater got big inlet pipe leh?? ... I already change a few shower head, all sama sama.... dizzy.gif
________

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:13 PM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

that..you gotta hunt around..measure the current inlet pipe diameter first..then go look around for something bigger..

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:02 PM

Zcold
  • Zcold
    4th Gear
    Author Image

lol.i just had my fluid mechanics exam on tues..so everything is still fresh in my mind..

an electronic expert here? my electronics paper comin up on mon..and i'm still blur abt the whole topic.. laugh.gif laugh.gif

lolz... muz be wondering wad teh indian chap is talking half the time..... laugh.gif laugh.gif

word of caution... rem to memorise my formula bery hard.... i forgot my formulas suddenly during my EE papar then... cos too used to open book... tongue.gif

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:44 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

kekeke... the shop fella must be wondering why this chap take a measuring tape measuring all the inlet of the water heater.... well.... will go around to look at some model maybe.... else jsut live with it until got chance move house..... think if wanna fix those water storage type will be quite telok..... got to change all the stuff.... major major reno..... dizzy.gif ....... wonder if those running on gas type will be better???
________

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Instant, Water, Heater

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users