Instant Water Heater

Nlatio

Neutral Newbie
I'm amazed, SG so hot some of u still use water heater?

For me I use cold shower even tho I have gas water heater. It's good for my balls...i mean reproductive organs also. Even in the morning at 7, cold shower before I go to work.

Last time when very young got swimming training in the early morning, also like that, so used to it. U think public swimming pool got water heater? Toilet/bathroom there also no water heater.

swimming early in the morning versus bathing cold water slightly diff...i do my swim early in the morning at 8am every weekend and the water is cold..the diff is our body gets warmed up from the exercise thus do not feel the cold but when i cool down after completing my laps, i feel the coldness....

but 1 thing i admit, we are pampered... [laugh] we bathed in cold shower early in the morning during NS [laugh]

Neutral Newbie
Unless your other taps about the house all have good water pressure..... only the heater outlet doesn't, then most likely the heater is the cause.

Then is there any diff in water flow between hot & cold setting? Normally, the hotter the setting, the slower the flow......

ya my other taps are alrite.... only the heater one very telok..... already set the water flow to max.... don't really need it to be so hot.... but still....

since its not the pressure from the tank. perhaps you wanna dismantle the heater and check all the in/out lets for any resistor valve or seal not removed?

am using National/panasonic instant heaters for slightly over a decade (changed twice)and the pressure is good [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

I live in HDB and have a gas on-demand. You can install it in the service balcony only. Not anywhere. Not even in the bathroom. The exhaust gases must escape somewhere. If not, we find the bather dead from CO2 poisoning.

I'm amazed, SG so hot some of u still use water heater?

For me I use cold shower even tho I have gas water heater. It's good for my balls...i mean reproductive organs also. Even in the morning at 7, cold shower before I go to work.

Last time when very young got swimming training in the early morning, also like that, so used to it. U think public swimming pool got water heater? Toilet/bathroom there also no water heater.

for me sama sama lar... like cold shower..... but still need to go through the water heater leh.... I will not on the heater... but the prob here is the pressure... sigh...

i've turn the valve to its fullest already. no change. [:|]

same same here.... I afraid later call the PUB fella, he tell me the pressure okay what, it's your heater problem, then telok liao... kena kick here kick there... [dizzy]

OIC.... me commoner leh... no stay private home, no what balcony.... siao liao... don't want to die so young... [dizzy] ........ still got many ICE not yet try.... [sly]

I used 2 diff brand of I/heater last time during 1st moved in & found the cheaper one have weaker water flow so changed to the same brand as the one that flow and heat well -- Cornell.

Turbocharged
dunnit building expert..simple logic answer liao.. [laugh]

water pressure of the building is not the problem..

the problem lies in the designs of the water heater..you look at the inlet pipe diameter of those heater..compare it to the diameter of the pipes leading to your taps..

simple logic says that 'what goes in must come out'..so the volumetric flowrate going into the heater must be equal to the flowrate coming out..

the inlet pipe is the bottleneck..it's limiting the amount of water flowing into the heater..

however, as the inlet become smaller, the flow of water should become faster...

as area is inversely proportional to velocity...

well that is what i learn from my physics prof many many years back... [:p]

true..but faster flow means lower pressure.. [:p]

Edited by Shull

this is the thing i fear too.

and the prob is sometimes my water pressure will be higher/lower at different time of the day. Later the plumber come liao and water pressure was all right... become my fault... [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

yup i freaked out too about the water pressure not strong..want to bath also no syok,thinking of changing to a new water heater but then open up the outlet heater hose n took out the black small rubber which minimise the water pressure ...hehee problem solved,it's the heater issue.any 1 have this problem can try,dunnoe if all water heater is like mine n mrlau 1..now i'm happy with the pressure.

NB... are all Instant Water Heater all same same..... change a few liao... but all like CMI.... no pressure liek that..... the water come out like pan leo like that.... don;t tell me I need to install those Storage tank???.... Any one facing the same problem??? Still prefer instant Water Heater....save electricity and $$$$.... [rolleyes]

Is your mains turned on full power? My instant water heater can give massage one you know? [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

For instant water heater - you must get those Made in UK heating element type. Those maintain the full pressure and have good heat also. The local ones and china made ones are really lousy.

We have one that has been going strong for 18 years now and still going strong.

For storage tank - the best brand is LA Water Heater. Do not get Ariston, useless and breakdown after awhile. We moved into a place with a 10 year old LA Water Heater storage and it is still going strong.

Need help.......which brand and model of instant water heater (electric type, not gas ) is a good buy. Thank you. Not the storage type.

Presently using: Alpha brand, model S100 series ( Malaysia ).

Problem: The outflow rate is not strong. Heat is not a problem. Probably due to it's slim design, the internal pipe is small bore and thus flow rate not good.