How to disable auto lock doors after car is started?

Lab4games

am i allowed to post this?

blk 17 sin ming industrial estate sector A

the shop name is ultra tuning & accessories.

i forgot the brand already. it's not on remote. saw it on the box in the shop.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

eh wad car u driving?? how come need to remove speedo one?

my he just remove the little plastic at the right side...near the door just below the speedo and change this square box thingy...all the wiring are there!!

well, for auto car, the moment brake is step on while in stationary, it could means the driver is engaging to D mode and it auto-lock the car door for safety purposes....

frankly, i don't understand what's so troublesome for the driver to open the door when it's locked?... it's just pressing a button and if that also troublesome, what else is not?... laugh.gif

Maybe next time, someone may find releasing handbrake is troublesome.. unsure.gif

my dad's altis once on the engine all doors auto lock! lipsrsealed.gif to override, easy. just leave the door open when starting the engine then can close back the door, then wont auto lock. i think like this is the best, can get best of the both worlds when u feel like it. smile.gif

It is irritating when passengers wanna open the door immediately after parking without unlocking the door first. My wife still does it after 3 mths.....

for my SPY alarm, the doors lock when brakes are depressed certain time after engine started (Means immediately step on brakes after on engine, will not lock doors, however about 30s-1min later will autolock when depress brakes)

I think its a good safety measure, kids will not open the doors, also reminds me when the doors are not closed properly with a beeping sound when its unable to lock the doors.

it just controls the central locking mechanism, can be disabled just by switching the feature off on the alarm module or just not connecting the wire.

mine auto unlocks doors when engine is turned off. [thumbsup]

so just decide if the pros outweigh the cons for you

sorry, i abit lor sor.

Anybody knows where can i get the auto lock feature installed on my CX-7?

Sometimes, really slip my mind to lock the doors when the kids are seating behind, and my young boy has the tendency to try to open the doors by himself sometimes... =(

Sometimes, really slip my mind to lock the doors when the kids are seating behind, and my young boy has the tendency to try to open the doors by himself sometimes... =(

Most aftermarket car alarm system can be program to auto lock. What you can do is install an add on to your factory fitted car alarm. Means using the same key fob from the car maker. Add on is actually adding a siren and a module that is able to auto lock. If you browse our MCF sponsors they should have what you are looking for.

But I think actually no need for that. If you look at your rear passenger doors there's a big chance the child safety lock is available. Once you click on the switch you are able to open the door from the outside but your child is not able to open the door from the inside.

Edited by Watwheels

y don't u use childlock located near ur door catch so u can only open his door fr outside?

Thanks for the suggestion.

However if i were to turn on the child lock feature, i may not remember to reset it, so any passenger seating on the side, would required myself to help them to open.

So if there were some kind of automated feature would help in a better way. =)