Crazy weather in Singapore ?

Theman

Yesterday tpe evening towards punggol.. got accident.. likely due to rain.

Kns a usual 20 min journey become over 1 hour crawl.

Some dudes really dunno how to drive in wet conditions.

It's like 10 years ago and his legendary 168?

haha ya bro... all those tailgating drivers thinking they have F1 reflexes, then once accident then will involve 4-5 cars at one go... worst period is Fri evening peak plus rain...
↡ Advertisement

Guys, it's going to be a rainy weekend.

[nod]

Drive safe, everyone.

Don't tailgate and drive at lower speeds on the wet roads.

Be aware of the surrounding vehicles.

Switch on your headlights if the rain is heavy.

Switch on your hazard lights if the rain is very heavy. 

If the visibility is too low due to extreme rain conditions, stop somewhere and resume the journey when the rain becomes lighter.

• Praise 2

[nod]

Drive safe, everyone.

If the visibility is too low due to extreme rain conditions, stop somewhere and resume the journey when the rain becomes lighter.

Actually switching on hazard lights while on the move can be confusing cos people may not know your intention, turning or stopping or stopped.

And if u need to filter, how.. Off hazard then signal then on back again after completing the filters?

Better instead switch on head lights and rear fogs if equipped.

• Praise 2

[nod]

Drive safe, everyone.

Headlights is sufficient during heavy downpour.

Hazard lights will just confuse some confuse bugger.

Plus, if its pouring heavily, don't road hog the right lane. Still got faster cars with bigger balls want to chiong all the way.

Slow turtle should keep extreme left.

post-35926-0-26656700-1510461486.gif

• Praise 4

Headlights is sufficient during heavy downpour.

Hazard lights will just confuse some confuse bugger.

Plus, if its pouring heavily, don't road hog the right lane. Still got faster cars with bigger balls want to chiong all the way.

Slow turtle should keep extreme left.

slower_traffic.gif

I keep left Liao but still car come and go very near me :(
  • Praise 2

Yesterday tpe evening towards punggol.. got accident.. likely due to rain.

Kns a usual 20 min journey become over 1 hour crawl.

Some dudes really dunno how to drive in wet conditions.

It's like 10 years ago and his legendary 168?

In the past when heavy rain i would give a wide berth to cabs especially transcab. These days its vezels that made me swerve many times...

In the past when heavy rain i would give a wide berth to cabs especially transcab. These days its vezels that made me swerve many times...

PHVs are the new taxis nowadays...
  • Praise 1

I keep left Liao but still car come and go very near me :(

Slower speed on slow lane, so 3-sec rules for rain will still be closer than 3 secs at Lane one.
  • Praise 2

Actually switching on hazard lights while on the move can be confusing cos people may not know your intention, turning or stopping or stopped.

And if u need to filter, how.. Off hazard then signal then on back again after completing the filters?

Better instead switch on head lights and rear fogs if equipped.

Driving with hazard lights on is confusing & dangerous to other road users.

Although some make/model of cars can override hazard lights when right/left signal is activated,

It is Safer to switch on Full Headlights & Fog lights to improve our vehicle Visibility to Others.

And there's another type of driver who won't switch on headlights in heavy rain for fear of wearing out their bulbs or becos it's not sundown yet.

This type are Idiots who don't value their lives ( and that of their passengers). By making one's car as brightly lit as possible in a downpour could avert danger of others ramming into it due to the poor visibility.

Edited by TameDriver
  • Praise 6

PHVs are the new taxis nowadays...

Stressful to drive on the road now, cause last time only need to look out taxis but now also need to look out for PHV! Just now on the road, one taxi nearly hit onto another car when suddenly people flag at the taxi, and the taxi was at 2nd lane suddenly turned to the left lane without looking out for cars on the left lane! I really wonder whats on the mind of these taxi driver?

Stressful to drive on the road now, cause last time only need to look out taxis but now also need to look out for PHV! Just now on the road, one taxi nearly hit onto another car when suddenly people flag at the taxi, and the taxi was at 2nd lane suddenly turned to the left lane without looking out for cars on the left lane! I really wonder whats on the mind of these taxi driver?

these taxi and PHV drivers are on the road for long periods of time every day. maybe the lack of personal involvement in accidents have emboldened them to pretty much do whatever they want on the roads, thinking that other drivers will siam them and nothing will happen. nowadays with Grab/Uber, the number of flag-down passengers has reduced greatly, making the taxi drivers even more desperate to get the business... 

no excuse for them to drive dangerously though. we just have to be more careful...

• Praise 1

I think the wet weather these past days due to early year end monsoon.

Find the cool weather shiok, people around me less irritable.

Wish it could be like this all the time, without frequent rain of course.

I think the wet weather these past days due to early year end monsoon.

Find the cool weather shiok, people around me less irritable.

Wish it could be like this all the time, without frequent rain of course.

Cool weather cools people down.  [laugh]

these taxi and PHV drivers are on the road for long periods of time every day. maybe the lack of personal involvement in accidents have emboldened them to pretty much do whatever they want on the roads, thinking that other drivers will siam them and nothing will happen. nowadays with Grab/Uber, the number of flag-down passengers has reduced greatly, making the taxi drivers even more desperate to get the business... 

no excuse for them to drive dangerously though. we just have to be more careful...

Desperate to get business or long periods of time on road doesnt justify they can do whatever they want on the road lo, cause they will get others people into trouble. Many times even i am careful but if these taxi drivers drive without looking out and think for others, i would still get into accident. Like the incidence i mentioned just now, if the car drive just a little bit faster ahead, the taxi confirmed will hit the car when the driver just like this change his lane without checking, no way the car can be careful.

Assume rather than be cautious.  [drivingcar]

That's one of the reasons accidents happen.  [shakehead]

Desperate to get business or long periods of time on road doesnt justify they can do whatever they want on the road lo, cause they will get others people into trouble. Many times even i am careful but if these taxi drivers drive without looking out and think for others, i would still get into accident. Like the incidence i mentioned just now, if the car drive just a little bit faster ahead, the taxi confirmed will hit the car when the driver just like this change his lane without checking, no way the car can be careful.

agreed. but nothing much we can do...  [furious]

Assume rather than be cautious.  [drivingcar]

That's one of the reasons accidents happen.  [shakehead]

we can only be even more cautious on the roads, to watch out for such drivers...  [sweatdrop]  [crazy]

↡ Advertisement