Crazy weather in Singapore ?

Theman

It's unusual to read ppl blaming the tree and nea for what has happened. Tree is a plant, it can't talk back or fight back, being constantly battered by recent bad weather of course it will break. It's just a matter of when. Who can tell?

Aiya, forget what I said. Some of the ppl here are just plain weird. Still want explaination somemore. LoL...

I think it's because many of the trees that have fallen have been transplanted there as adult trees to look nice and hence the roots are not as strong as they would have been if the trees had grown there since they were saplings.

Or many of the roots might have been affected due to the construction around the soil where the tree roots are supposed to be and hence they are less strong.

I think it's because many of the trees that have fallen have been transplanted there as adult trees to look nice and hence the roots are not as strong as they would have been if the trees had grown there since they were saplings.

Or many of the roots might have been affected due to the construction around the soil where the tree roots are supposed to be and hence they are less strong.

Hard to say also. Like the old tree that fell at botanic garden also dont know why it would fall in the first place, since there is no construction there.

Hard to say also. Like the old tree that fell at botanic garden also dont know why it would fall in the first place, since there is no construction there.

Nearby go dig what MRT and loosen the soils.

It's unusual to read ppl blaming the tree and nea for what has happened. Tree is a plant, it can't talk back or fight back, being constantly battered by recent bad weather of course it will break. It's just a matter of when. Who can tell?

Aiya, forget what I said. Some of the ppl here are just plain weird. Still want explaination somemore. LoL...

Did NEA plant the trees? Did they choose the location for the tree? Are they the ones responsible for pruning the trees? Are they the ones responsible for conducting regular checks on trees to make sure there is no rot etc?

If cannot tell when a tree will break then why do any inspections at all? Just leave it to fate lor. If drop on my car or me, I will blame god.

NEA will tell you all their trees are maintain in good condition and just blame on the bad weather instead. Since when NEA would take the blame and admit that it is their fault on fallen trees?!

Actually, NEA will ask u the car park is town council. Please dont look for them. If its main road. They will tell you look for Nparks, dont look for them.

And based on schedule of the maintenance, they will ascertain if the fault lies in the schedule / vendor OR the tree decay because they will go take a sample. Best if the tree can pass to them to investigate.

• Praise 1

Raining cats and dogs in the East with thunders; Don’t know if Bedok Reservoir will overflow, ever

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

Raining cats and dogs in the East with thunders; Don’t know if Bedok Reservoir will overflow, ever

post-14834-0-31316200-1517400135_thumb.png

Posted by someone today.. At paya Lebar.. This not not too bad Lao. Only little bit as compared to few wks ago flooding at paya Lebar.. Haha..

• Praise 1

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180131-200141.png

Posted by someone today.. At paya Lebar.. This not not too bad Lao. Only little bit as compared to few wks ago flooding at paya Lebar.. Haha..

Our govt very good 1.... always make sure the yellow bus lanes zone must can see 1 after 5 pm ...no excuse 1

• Praise 1

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180131-200141.png

Looks like paya lebar area default would flood when it rains heavily now?!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1