Nice / Rare Vehicle Registration Number

Leepee

lai history lesson recap... basically started with S, SB to SY, then EA to EZ, then SBA onwards...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Singapore?wprov=sfla1

Sorry if someone has asked before.. From the wiki article, that means we can no longer bid for E-series plates from LTA anymore? i.e. to say the only way to get E-series plate is to buy from a current owner of one?

Secondly, cannot customise the checksum letter that I want right? Looking at the available list (https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/buying/upfront-vehicle-costs/vehicle-registration-number--vrn-/jcr:content/main_par/availablenumberforbi.complete.html?selectType=1&selectSeries=SMF) if let's say I wanted SMF 1 A that will not be possible right?

Sorry if someone has asked before.. From the wiki article, that means we can no longer bid for E-series plates from LTA anymore? i.e. to say the only way to get E-series plate is to buy from a current owner of one?

Secondly, cannot customise the checksum letter that I want right? Looking at the available list (https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/buying/upfront-vehicle-costs/vehicle-registration-number--vrn-/jcr:content/main_par/availablenumberforbi.complete.html?selectType=1&selectSeries=SMF) if let's say I wanted SMF 1 A that will not be possible right?

Aiyo, if u can customize a checksum, then it wouldn't be a checksum anymore

Supersonic

yes to your questions.

"S" and "E" Series can only buy from owners who are owning them now. 

There are dealers who are selling these plates. Depending on your budget and the alphabets / numbers you like and the availability. 

FYI, some are really very costly. :P

I bought mine from direct owner. :)

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Another way to get "S" and "E" Series is to buy used car, hopefully can get "S" and "E" Series.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Actually what is released is considered released. They won't re-release the series unless there are specific reasons.

So far only SG series and SH series are re-release, SG was for commercial vehicles in the 60s, now re-release for LTA owned public buses. SH was for buses in the 50s to 60s, and then re-release for taxis too. Some buses like SJE buses still use SH series.

For private cars, S, E, SB, SC, SF, SG, SJ, SK, SL series are considered old series, that can only find in the resale market.

No, you can't choose the checksum. I think there's a formula to determine the checksum, so it's fixed.

Another way to get "S" and "E" Series is to buy used car, hopefully can get "S" and "E" Series.

Hahaha.... you think possible meh? the cost would possible be added one  [bounce1]

The E series is the unique set.

Different from the all the other series. Single E is the best but can't afford. 

• Praise 1

Another way to get "S" and "E" Series is to buy used car, hopefully can get "S" and "E" Series.

The owner who sold the car to the dealer either dont want to drive anymore... and sell as whole car with plate or owner bought another nice plate n let go the initial plate to dealer with car.

Dealers saw the car with unique plate, they would have grab it n sell themselves. That is currently happening now in SgCarMart... many dealers are selling unique plates... and some are really selling at cheap...

I strongly believe “S” and “E” series plates are worth more than $10k in the current market... but some with 4 digits are selling below $10k...

The owner who sold the car to the dealer either dont want to drive anymore... and sell as whole car with plate or owner bought another nice plate n let go the initial plate to dealer with car.

Dealers saw the car with unique plate, they would have grab it n sell themselves. That is currently happening now in SgCarMart... many dealers are selling unique plates... and some are really selling at cheap...

I strongly believe “S” and “E” series plates are worth more than $10k in the current market... but some with 4 digits are selling below $10k...

Maybe those really super nice and rare number, the dealers might have grab and sell themselves. But those old plate but number not say super nice, dealers might still sell the whole car with the plate. This is when buyers might grab some old plate when they buy 2nd hand car.

Maybe those really super nice and rare number, the dealers might have grab and sell themselves. But those old plate but number not say super nice, dealers might still sell the whole car with the plate. This is when buyers might grab some old plate when they buy 2nd hand car.

Yup... maybe... hehe...

Just saw 2 Nice plates on road...

SE 81P = To those who are born in Sept 1981....

SGL 80Y= Sound like Singapore Guai Lxx BOY (Haha)

Yup... maybe... hehe...

Just saw 2 Nice plates on road...

SE 81P = To those who are born in Sept 1981....

SGL 80Y= Sound like Singapore Guai Lxx BOY (Haha)

se81p is on a Forester near Frankel Ave.