Where to buy economical basic 26" mountain bicycle

Vtim

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif don't think I can get it all at $100

I manage to dig out a old child seat, just try with my son, his backside still fit with some space to spare, so now left with the bicycle + rear rack frame wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

may look around for used but better build bicycle at less than $200

↡ Advertisement

2nd hand bike got so cheap and high end? But I agree with you that with a decent bike, it makes cycling very enjoyable.

I bought a ok-ok bike at Carrefour for like $300? Quite ok but body's a bit heavy. Then I found the Hougang bike shop and that time the old uncle was selling Hasa 5? (can't remember - bike recently loaned to my sis), price was $380. Quickly bought it cos the gears was like 3 x 9 Shimano Duro? And body was lighter. And ever since I never wanted to cycle the cheaper bike. The feeling is just so good....

I had a very basic 26" mountain bike.. Aleoca brand..

Pro - Cheap

Con - Lousy quality, seat give back pain, cheap parts that will break any instant, no suspension means painful @ss for days for your son..

I have ditch it for a better hardtail.. I can stand the painful @ss but not backpain..

Conclusion: Dun buy those basic mountain bike at carrerfour or Giant Supermarket.. Unless your son had been trained with hard @ss and strong back since young.. No joke..

Aleoca are widely sold in Carrefour and Gaint, maybe I'll give that low end version a miss sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

Looks like I have to look for those with full suspension sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif won't be cheap dizzy.gifdizzy.gifdizzy.gif

now looking through togoparts for a used full suspension bicycle, most likely will cost at least $200 sweatdrop.gifPosted ImagePosted Image

$200 considered good price loh. Back dan when I was hunting for my budget bike which has to have an aluminium frame, rock shox suspension and shimano gear cost me nearly $600. And that is without accessories.

Neutral Newbie

yes, please give the low-end version a miss.

Aleoca's entry level bikes are over-price for the quality. Give it a miss too.

A hardtail will prob suit you better, aka with front sus only. Forget about full sus. Its difficult to mount a rear rack for full sus, and for the entry-level full sus, you kid will be [bounce2] .. [bounce2] .. [bounce2] .. as you cycle.

There are still good deals in the marketplace. No harm going for older bikes with Shimano STX components. I got a decent 15yr old bike with STX parts for way under $100, and after cleaning and tuning, its as smooth and fast as my friend's $500 bike [:p]

As per subject, where got the best deal for 26" mountain bicycle?

me looking for around $100 or less, basic model, will have to add a small rear seat + front basket so that I could ferry my eldest son (P3) next year in the morning to his school.

Sista, safety first. Spend a bit more and get a more sturdy bike, after all you are fetching your son to school . . . don't compromise on safety please. [nod]

Having basket in front not a good idea. Ur stuff thens to roll around in it. [shakehead] When it rains or floor wet, u r not doing to be Drift King but Buang King. Tried changing to street tyres they got better grip than the MTB style.

As per subject, where got the best deal for 26" mountain bicycle?

me looking for around $100 or less, basic model, will have to add a small rear seat + front basket so that I could ferry my eldest son (P3) next year in the morning to his school.

Bro,

Goto www.togoparts.com, there are plenty of good offer there. Times are bad, good to buy 2nd hand [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement