Asymmetric vs Directional Tyres..

YellowFlash

hi any tyre gurus care to comment on the pros and cons of each type of tyres?...like which is better in comfort, dry grip, wet grip...the differences etc...thx alot!

↡ Advertisement

tot i used both,

i preferred asymmetrical. more feel thru out the tyre life more consistent.

directional is more grippy esp on wet, but noisy.

and oso wonder why most exp tires like contis CSC3, Mich Pilot sports, most are asymmetrical?

jus be more careful on wet lor...

contis nv try before, too exp , mich trusted on grip but short life, ended using hankook due to budget. but ever since happy .

my hankook prime k105 similar to my fren's mich PP2 in terms of grip and more silent ride than my fren one. esp later part of the tyre life. :)

hmm...ic ic...thx for the input, btw k105 issnt one of the popular tyres rite? seems like V12 and RS2 are the more popular ones as in V grooves being more popular for performance rather than asymmetric. So how much does the k105 cost and what size?

haha i driving not a racing car and i prefer the asymmetric consistance....

its a high performance tyre with some comfort.

those v12 and RS2, if u dun mind the noisy... i mean real loud noise. its good :)

V goove tends to create noisy after 20-30k mileage.

RS2 is for utimate street legal dry grip, wet not really good to push beyond 80kmh.

singapore so wet. hai.....

i does drive fast, thus i need grip, but dun wan the noisy. K105 give me best of both worlds so far. similar to mich PP2.

and its asymmetric.

price , its exp as a korean tyre. but its good. i dun mind. i feel it better than the yokos... Price, u can pm Robertoon.....

bo chap the noisy, directional is good for grip and channel water good.

V8rs is good enuff for comfort and wet grip. V12 maybe, no comments.

no money u can always use eagle F1.

but i will avoid dunlops, due to cold - its slippery (need alot of warm up)

--- all these is base on my individual view ---

Edited by Circuit

hahaha...why?

if it is puncture, just go for repair. if it burst, just use back the oem spare tyre, tahan all the way to tyreshop and replace the burst tyre. if 2 tyres burst at the same time, then count yourself unlucky

Someone just ask this question. Does asymmetric tyres come with two different types since there is a inner/outer side and if it is also directional, then you have two different types?

Your answer appears so.

But maybe not all asymmetric are like that?confused.gif

However I felt different when using directional and asymmetrical. Was previously on Hankook V2 and now on Continential CPC2.

Comfort: CPC2

Noise: About the same

Wet grip: CPC2

Dry grip: CPC2

Price: About the same, in fact that time got CPC2 cheaper than V2

Guess if can find the CPC2 at that kind of bargain price would get it again. And no worries the ones I got were not old stock and were not M'sia manufacture. thumbsup.gif

Best of all for asymmetrical, tyre rotation will create a more even wear. So far oredi completed 30K and wear rate is still good.

Which tyre are both asymmetrical AND directional? Such as ZE-912, PP2, CPC2, etc?

I always thought asymmetrical are only one tyre, so the thread pattern when installed will "not balance". Meaning when on one side the thread pattern are such that it let water escape outward, the other side the thread pattern will be opposite way...dizzy.gif I wonder for thise asymmetrical BUT NOT directional will the car tend to steer to one side?

nope. those are just plain asymmetrical.

Let me see if i can find a reference in RCC about the model I used.

I always wondered, so i tried. starting with c-drives. no issue leh [laugh]

dun worry abt directional or non directional

asym are mostly non directional

usual suspects can try the infamous jewellery shop

but can consider other options at Eng Wah or SE tyres

Yup it was from that PH shop which I believe I was fortunate when he quoted me such a fantastic price. Doubt very much it will be that cheap now. lol

↡ Advertisement