Termite.

• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

Bmz3
  • Bmz3
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

I found termites in my house and have paid twice for the pest control company to check, each time around $130. However the problem is still not solve. What they did was just to put some pills at the affected area and nothing else. Now they are asking me to sign a package, around $350 for a year and they will come every 3 months to put pills.

By the way I stay at 16 floor, why have termites?

Anyone have similar experience? All advice is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Bmz3, 16 December 2008 - 01:28 PM.

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:28 PM

Crispicrispi
  • Crispicrispi
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Haha is that what they did? Why don't buy your own at DIy shops evey month.

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:30 PM

Bmz3
  • Bmz3
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Tot they are the professional sweatdrop.gif

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:34 PM

Twofouronenite
  • Twofouronenite
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Seem to be normal practise. Saw them do same thing at company place put the stuff and that it.

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:17 PM

Ed2win2
  • Ed2win2
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Unlike common ants, termites poison is a controlled chemical, wont be available off the shelf

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

Crispicrispi
  • Crispicrispi
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

type --termite powder termite oil termite gel singapore-- diy--

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

Crispicrispi
  • Crispicrispi
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Just saw your edited post... so which building yours? I scared the mites comes downstairs.

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:18 PM

Ed2win2
  • Ed2win2
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Where can I get? I got termites tubes keep forming in one of the trees, coming from below the roots. Got eco-friendly type one or not?

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:42 PM

Melissa
  • Melissa
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Used to have termites in my company.

Very tedious sweatdrop.gif got to use special chemical to wash surfaces (to remove the termite 'scent')
After that change all our wood selves to metal.

My advice: better change your pest control company, seems like they are
not very capable. dun fall for their endless 'package'...

Termites exist usually when you bring in 'new' wood furnitures, then they slowly
'emerge' and infect other areas sweatdrop.gif

Recently you move in any new barang barang??

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:06 PM

Kklim
  • Premium member
    Kklim
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Let me guess. Condo built by Fxx Xxxt?

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:12 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi all,

I found termites in my house and have paid twice for the pest control company to check, each time around $130. However the problem is still not solve. What they did was just to put some pills at the affected area and nothing else. Now they are asking me to sign a package, around $350 for a year and they will come every 3 months to put pills.

btw, where u stay?? private or hdb?? i heard hdb will do treatment to the soil/ground and i seriously dont know how the hell u stay 16th floor could have infested with termites which normally "grow" from ground level....did u check with ur units below, did they have it as well??..... shakehead.gif

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

Freestylers09
  • Freestylers09
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

dont go disrupt the nest or trait of termites

pill thing i never use b4

usually used powder kind..controlled and can cause cancer..but very good,usually 1 time settle all

treatment usually $80-100+ depend area

the purpose of the powder is to let the termites bring back the powder from the "wood route" to their queen..when queen die,settle all. termite reproduce rate is 1 of the fastest in the world in animal kingdom..that why u can see the "wood route" grow very fast as they cant expose to sunlight and therefore use this wood route to travel around

if u disrupt the trait of the wood route..good luck..they migrate

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:11 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hi all,

Seems like your dealing with conmen, be careful bro sweatdrop.gif

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

Vroomtattat
  • Vroomtattat
    Supercharged
    Author Image

You mean Fxx Xxxt famous for that? sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Why have termites on 16th floor? When your neighbours move in they move termites along too hidden in furniture.

To get rid of them you will have to find the nest and kill the queen. Same for ants.
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:18 PM

Bmz3
  • Bmz3
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

To reply to all,

I bought this resale HDB unit last year. The condition of the unit was very bad. The parquet in both rooms were partly damaged but no sign of termites. I repainted the parquet and clean up everything then rent it out to a family. Six months later they called me and said there is termites in the room and and have paid twice for the pest control. I went there personally to take a look and I cant see any termites but only some part of the parquet were badly damaged.

The family showed me the invoices and explained what happened. I paid them the amount and now have to decide whether to accept the Package or not.

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

David
  • David
    Supercharged
    Author Image

You confirmed by your sights no sign of termites. After all the posting, now you are telling us there on the simple fact that your tenant showed you invoices and some explaination and you simply paid them the amount to reimburse them!

You better check if the pest control people or your tenant took you for a ride.

Edited by David, 19 December 2008 - 12:37 PM.

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

Bmz3
  • Bmz3
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

To be frank, I have never see termites b4 and dont know much about it.

Anyway will be going with another pest control people to check again.

Thanks for all advise.

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

Paulinelow
  • Paulinelow
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Termites have a bad reputation simply because they eat wood and damage homes. Through the years, countless termite myths have sprung up. Some of these might be simple misunderstanding. However, some of these myths could cause homeowners to lose money.
I have engaged Termite Control.

The Formosan subterranean termite continues to be known as the "super termite". These termites reside in very large colonies. There are often an incredible number of termites per colony. Their numbers enable Formosan termites to do lots of damage very quickly.

One myth about these termites is they can eat through concrete. The reality is that they use tiny cracks within the concrete. As the termites still pass through the crack, they gradually make it larger. If a person didn’t see the original crack, they may believe the termites ate through solid concrete.

Who are these little guys and where did they are available from? Well, chances are they’re termites because carpenter ants take into account only 10% of structural insect damage to buildings. And, of the two types of termites - drywood termites and ground, or tunneling termites - odds are they’re the latter, those that are more difficult to get eliminate, naturally.

These little darlings reside in tunnels they build beneath your concrete slab or other locations that take time and effort to get at. Once they get hungry, they come out and consume the wooden a part of your house closest to the ground, including posts, piers, and studs holding your house up. Additionally they eat anything with cellulose inside it, like the paper around the back side (because you can’t discover their whereabouts there) of your dry wall.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:23 AM

Good-Carbuyer

Termites have a bad reputation simply because they eat wood and damage homes. Through the years, countless termite myths have sprung up. Some of these might be simple misunderstanding. However, some of these myths could cause homeowners to lose money.
I have engaged Termite Control.

The Formosan subterranean termite continues to be known as the "super termite". These termites reside in very large colonies. There are often an incredible number of termites per colony. Their numbers enable Formosan termites to do lots of damage very quickly.

One myth about these termites is they can eat through concrete. The reality is that they use tiny cracks within the concrete. As the termites still pass through the crack, they gradually make it larger. If a person didn’t see the original crack, they may believe the termites ate through solid concrete.

Who are these little guys and where did they are available from? Well, chances are they’re termites because carpenter ants take into account only 10% of structural insect damage to buildings. And, of the two types of termites - drywood termites and ground, or tunneling termites - odds are they’re the latter, those that are more difficult to get eliminate, naturally.

These little darlings reside in tunnels they build beneath your concrete slab or other locations that take time and effort to get at. Once they get hungry, they come out and consume the wooden a part of your house closest to the ground, including posts, piers, and studs holding your house up. Additionally they eat anything with cellulose inside it, like the paper around the back side (because you can’t discover their whereabouts there) of your dry wall.

From my observation, those 3mm black ants are among the predators of termites. Where you find these 3mm black ants the termites never survive. The catch: they can look like an unsightly meandering line here and there. If you get rid of them, fire ants would come in, and more difficult to get rid of fire ants.
Chemicals, be it pills/powder/sprayed liquid are controlled items due to health reasons. Especially bad for occupants inside enclosed space without good natural ventilation.
Subterrean termites are blind and can not swim. Where you find earthworms, it is too damp for termites to survive. Example: flood prone places got no subterrean termites (all drowned). Do not apply any anti-termite soil treatment near your pond. Your fishes will die from the poison.
Hope this helpful somehow.

Edited by Good-Carbuyer, 19 December 2011 - 04:25 AM.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: Termite

Tags: Termite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users