Search
know Taxi Technical Specifications

• Search this thread
61 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:18 AM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

Wanted to know the correct technical specifications of the Hyundai Sonata, Kia Magentis, Skoda Superb and Toyota Crown taxi on our roads? such as:

a) engine capacity,
b) horsepower,
c) torque,
d) Kerb weight &
e) gearbox spec

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:27 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just type in the Korean car's model plus "CRDi" (Common Rail Diesel injection) and google.

Skoda + TDi(Turbo Diesel injection)

Toyota is D4-D, Crown cab I think is old tech using indirect injection.

Edited by Watwheels, 18 December 2008 - 08:36 AM.

Driving an unker mid-size MPV now :(

Upside: It churns out 258Nm of Torque :) ....up from 200Nm :p

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:49 AM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    NOS-ed

All I know is that the Superb has a 2.5L V6 TDI engine. sweatdrop.gif

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed

I asked for "correct" one and SG Taxi spec because we get different answers from everywhere.

For example, some said Sonata CRDI is 170bhp/40kgm and some commented it is only 143bhp/33kgm, some are 158bhp/22.3kgm. So who is correct?

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie, 18 December 2008 - 08:53 AM.

Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:54 AM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed

All I know is that the Superb has a 2.5L V6 TDI engine.

The question is what is the technical specification for local taxi???

Regards,
Disclaimer:

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:57 AM

King
  • King
    Supercharged

why?
u get blow away by one, itiz? lipsrsealed.gif
I accept the facts that a lot of drivers are
LAZY
LOUSY
and
Stupid!

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:00 AM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed

No lar, just curious because different people have different idea of the specifications during a tea session. So wanted to know the "TRUTH". laugh.gif

Regards,
Disclaimer:

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:01 AM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    NOS-ed

Engine Type 2.5L V6,
Displacement 2496 (cc)
Power 162 (PS )
Torque 350 (Nm )
Valve Mechanism DOHC
Bore 78.3 (mm)
Stroke 86.4 (mm)
Compression Ratio 18.5

Why so interested in knowing it? Got blown away by one?

Anyway, dun bother playing pickup with the skoda. Look at the Torque.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:02 AM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious

the Sonata and Magentis using same engine.
i know the Chrysler 300c has got 500Nm of torque.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:27 AM

Subzro
  • Subzro
    4th Gear

Yeah, learnt my lesson with a V6 TDi..
1KD-FTV.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:28 AM

Rickster
  • Premium member
    Rickster
    Turbocharged

Not surprising as nowadays, most of the new taxis will be able to smoke most of the private cars on the road with the exception of sports and >2.4L cars

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:30 AM

Rickster
  • Premium member
    Rickster
    Turbocharged

wat were u drivin that time?

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed

the Sonata and Magentis using same engine.
i know the Chrysler 300c has got 500Nm of torque.

Ya, but who knows the technical specifications of the Sonata and Magentis here?

Regards,
Disclaimer:

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:31 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed

Engine Type 2.5L V6,
Displacement 2496 (cc)
Power 162 (PS )
Torque 350 (Nm )
Valve Mechanism DOHC
Bore 78.3 (mm)
Stroke 86.4 (mm)
Compression Ratio 18.5

Smoke by them at pick-up or from standstill, no way! laugh.gif Having said that, also depending on who is the driver and the load of the Taxi at that moment.

Regards,
Disclaimer:

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:07 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious

http://www.kia.co.nz...ecs/Diesel.aspx
http://carsguide.new...ata_slx_diesel/

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:15 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious

Engine Type 2.5L V6,
Displacement 2496 (cc)
Power 162 (PS )
Torque 350 (Nm )
Valve Mechanism DOHC
Bore 78.3 (mm)
Stroke 86.4 (mm)
Compression Ratio 18.5

torque is only good at low end.
not very good for sprinting.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:17 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    NOS-ed

Low end is not for sprinting? rolleyes.gif

What is your definition of sprinting?

Edited by Fcw75, 18 December 2008 - 11:19 PM.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:17 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    NOS-ed

You think too highly of your car bro.

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:21 AM

Jeffang
  • Jeffang
    5th Gear

now a day... if the sonata taxi wanna speed... any car 2.4 below (even some 2.4) also cannot win the taxi...

i have seen rx8 & taxi on the at mid-night... they both drive like no tomorrow...
i follow them all the way till changi from town... and the rx8 just dun give up...

both turbo but taxi 2.0 turbo and rx8 1.3

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:44 AM

Iliketodrive
  • Iliketodrive
    Banned

rx8 is NA leh. if the low spec rx8 run with taxi cant win lah. the high spec 1 no problem
they say, how fast can u chiong on singapore road??
they are very wrong about it.
the truth is, how fast u dare to chiong on singapore road.
i hit over 200.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Others Top

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)