Anyone running a 7-Eleven?? (franchisee / owners)

Imamiah

Hi all, me thinking of taking up a 7-Eleven franchise. Would love to find out if there are anyone running a store right now. Coz wish to find out how much a franchisee actually takes home [;)]

Please PM me if its inconvenient for you to post a reply here [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

yo Imamiah,

hope you don't mind if i piggy back on your thread. I'm curious to find out about this too. Like how to go about applying for it, what's the requirement etc.

Anyone, pls PM me too if you have details [;)]

I had actually gotten someone to attend the briefings etc. So I already know quite abit about their model. But just wish to speak to an existing franchisee to find out if it is worth it [;)]

http://www.7-eleven.com.sg/franchise

A Proven Franchise

The 7-Eleven Franchise system is like no other in the country. It is a proven retail operation with a world-famous trademark and the initial cash investment is reasonable. Best of all, 7-Eleven franchisees receive assistance and support all the way.

How are stores franchised?

7-Eleven buys or leases the site.

Initial site development costs, which include renovations, fixtures and store equipment are borne by 7-Eleven.

The site is then managed by 7-Eleven for at least a year, producing an actual profit & loss indication.

Potential franchisees will evaluate the P&L prior to making the investment.

The franchisee then takes over a fully equipped 7-Eleven store with an existing track record.

What are the financial considerations?

The franchisee pays a one-time franchise fee to 7-Eleven (starting from as low as $40,000, depending on the store

Edited by Babyt

Some other news... My parent coy also under JM group...

BTW, Diary Farm is also under JM group..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7-Eleven#Singapore

Singapore

A 7-Eleven outlet in Singapore.

In Singapore, 7-Eleven forms the largest chain of convenience stores island-wide. There are at present 419 7-Eleven stores scattered throughout the country. Stores in Singapore are operated by the Dairy Farm International Holdings, franchised under a licensing agreement with 7-Eleven Incorporated, headquartered in the United States.

The first 7-Eleven stores in Singapore were operated in 1983 with a franchise license under the Jardine Matheson Group. The license was then acquired by Cold Storage Singapore, a subsidiary of the Dairy Farm Group, in 1989. At present, 7 Eleven plans to expand its base to include 300 stores, within the next few years. 7-Eleven has also recently signed an agreement with Royal Dutch Shell to include its convenience stores in all Shell Petrol Stations.

All the 7-Eleven stores in Singapore operate around the clock, except for stores in Biopolis, hospitals, MRT Stations, Raffles Junior College, Singapore Management University and Nanyang Technological University, which have shorter operating hours.

Hi all, me thinking of taking up a 7-Eleven franchise. Would love to find out if there are anyone running a store right now. Coz wish to find out how much a franchisee actually takes home [;)]

Please PM me if its inconvenient for you to post a reply here [thumbsup]

Hi, they require full timer... are you willing to give up your current job?

i am not sure about 7-Eleven but usually for a franchise model to work, it depends on location and how hard working you are.

First you should do a P&L (also ROI) on this venture that you are going into,

1) Upfront capital needed (vs interest you may gain from bank, if any!)

2) you should have the information on what margin they are charging you for the goods they supply.

3) factor in the lost/damage good, stolen and pilfridges.

4) Expense such as rental (most important), utilities and other operating costs.

5) payroll, you and your partner to put in full time on this business, a lot of hard work and long hours. Hiring someone to run is never a good idea.

5) Opportunity cost (forgo what you currently earn and the intengible like annual leave, medical, holiday, bonus, stress!, etc)

I believe 7-Eleven provide a good support their franchisee, so just do your sum and get a good location (unlike some just leave you to swim on your own!).

Yup. Already weighed the options. Time for me to stop the paper chase. Although my current position pay quite well... sad to say, there is zero satisfaction.

You happen to be a franchisee?

admire your courage to leave a comfort zone to a unknown path [thumbsup] .

if you are still having a job, i would advice you to look out for other franchise businesses, some maybe less taxing compare to 7-Eleven (24 hrs model [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]), there are franchise exhibition in SG & M'sia, why not explore more opportunities. It is always good to be the 1st in the market, though the risk is equally high as well [nod]

↡ Advertisement