Nissan Teana Experience

Kalmath

How's everyone doing?

This chat a bit quiet nowadays..

Went around jb in search of door visor.. need to pre order.. damage about 100++ rm haven't really place my order yet.

Will update when I have it installed.

Door visor is basically to prevent rain from sipping in when you open your windows during rainy time. It's really cosmetic in nature.

Camryton recommended me to install a lock for our foot brake this will prevent people from stealing our cars. Damage 424rm

↡ Advertisement

Quick check with all the Teana owners here, not sure if I have asked this before.

After a hard brake (e.g. hard brake from, say >60km/h, to avoid an accident or amber light turning red at traffic junction), the car has no power when you accelerate again.  I've to rev the engine to get the car moving very slowly.  It is like you are trying to drive off in 3rd-5th gear.  Then after a some distance, the car will respond as normal. Is this the characteristic of the CVT? Or there are some problem with my car?

Quick check with all the Teana owners here, not sure if I have asked this before.

After a hard brake (e.g. hard brake from, say >60km/h, to avoid an accident or amber light turning red at traffic junction), the car has no power when you accelerate again.  I've to rev the engine to get the car moving very slowly.  It is like you are trying to drive off in 3rd-5th gear.  Then after a some distance, the car will respond as normal. Is this the characteristic of the CVT? Or there are some problem with my car?

I did encounter similar experience as you have described on every occasion when I brake hard to full stop from higher speed. I think it's CVT protection mechanism being activated when the car is hard braked. Thus, the sluggish acceleration upon resumption from the full stop, but becomes normal within a while. Not a malfunction.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Teana Bro, anyone can tell me what lamp type used for the main projection lamp and the fog lamp?

Is it HB or H ?????

I am driving a Teana for past 7yrs 8mths and have replaced the shock absorbers on my own accord as I intend to keep the car all the way till scrap and not because they gave way. The whole set cost me around $800 which could be slightly more than a normal Japanese make. No other component of the suspension has given way and so I doubt what you heard is true.

I am dearly holding on to the car for its V6. No way I will get the latest Teana as a replacement as it does not have a V6. The V6 at a low entry point was the Teana's main attraction.

i also changed the rear suspension and it's just the normal shocks.. nothing big. 8 yr old 2.5

also holding on to v6 dearly. also for the a/c seats... new teana no v6, no a/c seats

Twincharged

i also changed the rear suspension and it's just the normal shocks.. nothing big. 8 yr old 2.5

also holding on to v6 dearly. also for the a/c seats... new teana no v6, no a/c seats

New Teana got V6,but you need to pay Road Tax [bigcry] ,it is the 3.5 model...it also got A/C seats.. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Hi, lower specs also the reason why will not consider newer version if ever changing car.

Anyway, any bro here considering to renew COE for V6, 2.5L version? Or think it is worth it to renew?

have been toying with idea for past year or so, now driving early '09 Teana (2008 model)

- mileage 130k but prob hit 160-170k on year 10

- changed AC compressor

- replaced all shock absorbers

- replaced radiator and pipe assembly

- replaced sparks plugs

- front wheel bearing

- DSUB cover of CV joints

- wanted to replace engine mounting but TC workshop mechanic kept saying still ok for past 2 years

If renew COE@$50k + $17k (50% OMV), car depreciate at most $7k per year.

The con : higher repair or replacement cost which I have no experience in eg. Engine Overhaul, beyond 200k mileage maintenance, fewer Nissan vehicle as compared to Toyota

Experienced Coe owners opinion will be valuable.

dont forget the higher rd tax as well after coe renewal

i don't think spares etc will be an issue

my reno contractor honda accord driven 300,000 km.. he say other than the gearbox and engine, everything has been changed b4

i don't suppose nissan will fare any worse

btw i already changed my mounting at 100k mileage... 

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro & Sis,

I got a pop up window on the gps module( teams 2009) that says I performed an illegal operation and will be shut down When I called Tan Cheong abt this. The advisor said that the two vendor that installed the GPS on this batch of teana have gone under. Does anyone encountered the same issue? Anyone that might be able to help?

Tq

Hi, lower specs also the reason why will not consider newer version if ever changing car.

Anyway, any bro here considering to renew COE for V6, 2.5L version? Or think it is worth it to renew?

have been toying with idea for past year or so, now driving early '09 Teana (2008 model)

- changed AC compressor

- replaced sparks plugs

- front wheel bearing

- wanted to replace engine mounting but TC workshop mechanic kept saying still ok for past 2 years

The con : higher repair or replacement cost which I have no experience in eg. Engine Overhaul, beyond 200k mileage maintenance, fewer Nissan vehicle as compared to Toyota

My milage is 110,000km. Surprisingly, the parts I replaced is very similar to yours. I would say it's standard wear and tear, except the Aircorn compressor. In fact the compressor is still good, it's just the compressor clutch that was malfunctioned, however, as Tan Chong doesn't do repair, they replaced the whole compressor.

Japanese cars in general are very reliable and easy to maintain.

I don't see issues if you keep the cars beyond 10 years, Nissan spare parts are easy to get. Just be mindful of CVT transmission which can be costly to repair.

My camry lasted 9 years with 380,000 km mileage ...

Engine sounded rough but still useable... gearbox and aircon compressor still ok.

ok things have been repaired as listed in other replies...drysub, engine mount, radiator, 

07 Camry model has only 1 major issue, which is the batch of defective ABS module ..cost S$3000 to replace

- changed AC compressor

- replaced sparks plugs

- front wheel bearing

I would consider renewing COE but only for 5 years as parts availability would become an issue beyond 5 years. CVT would sooner or later have to be replaced if COE is renewed and that would be 3-4k at least for a reconditioned one. If the car is well kept and main parts changed, a 12 -13 year old 2.5V6 Teana would be a more pleasurable drive  than the newer 2 litre Jap models .

My friend renewed 5yrs coe on her cefiro, depreciation about 8k from now. I believe it is few of the lowest comfortable sedan you can get. She throw in another 5k to replace the parts n a coat of paint.

I've been toying of the idea of renewing coe too, thru mine due in '19. Parts replaced were similar to the bros shared here. My only concern is the CVT. The repair / replacement can be very costly.

Also discovered that that my steering rack is leaking while servicing yesterday. Apparently, it seems like a common problem because the few stocklists i called no stock. And there are many owners looking for it. It cost 1k+. I knew teana has steering pump problem but not this. So i guess this problem will surface over time for our '08-10 batch? Pls take note.

Otherwise 126k km mileage 7yrs old, nothing to complain about.

Neutral Newbie

My camry lasted 9 years with 380,000 km mileage ...

Engine sounded rough but still useable... gearbox and aircon compressor still ok.

ok things have been repaired as listed in other replies...drysub, engine mount, radiator,

07 Camry model has only 1 major issue, which is the batch of defective ABS module ..cost S$3000 to replace

Thanks for sharing brother. 390k mileage means the car is worth every cent you paid for. Would have considered Mark X if not for PI only. Toyota's mainstream model is always dependable.

Neutral Newbie

My friend renewed 5yrs coe on her cefiro, depreciation about 8k from now. I believe it is few of the lowest comfortable sedan you can get. She throw in another 5k to replace the parts n a coat of paint.

I've been toying of the idea of renewing coe too, thru mine due in '19. Parts replaced were similar to the bros shared here. My only concern is the CVT. The repair / replacement can be very costly.

Also discovered that that my steering rack is leaking while servicing yesterday. Apparently, it seems like a common problem because the few stocklists i called no stock. And there are many owners looking for it. It cost 1k+. I knew teana has steering pump problem but not this. So i guess this problem will surface over time for our '08-10 batch? Pls take note.

Otherwise 126k km mileage 7yrs old, nothing to complain about.

I have power steering leak too. Got one of those stop leak liquid from petrol kiosk. So far the reservoir for powersteering liquid has also reduce slower. Should be able to last till end of COE. A RELACEMENT UNIT cost $5-6k

↡ Advertisement