Pharmacy purchases in Malaysia

Genie47

Neutral Newbie

Hey bro.. do you have a particular shop to buy your medications ?

Thanks =)

I bought them from Kulai, Johor. It's called AM/PM Pharmacy. They have a 2 branches in Kulai. Not sure about other areas though

↡ Advertisement

I buy glucosamine regularly and the best deals in terms of active ingredients concentration compare to price can be found at iherb.com

They have a large variety of supplements at a cheaper price and very reliable shipping. Once my package was lost and was untrackable. They immediately refunded me when the package was posted back to them. Kudos to their customer service.

First time purchase using coupon code KEB313 entitles you to a USD$10 off. If you purchase more than USD$60, there's a 5% discount and free shipping to Singapore through Singpost registered mail. Under USD$60, the shipping is only USD$4.

Buy the way, buying medications in Malaysia is indeed cheaper and without the need for pesky prescriptions.. Getting my regular diabetic and high blood pressure medication in Malaysia really saves me a substaintable amount over time.

Ya I also get my Highblood n diabetes madicine there. Abt half the price compared to the polyclinic n the medicine is exactly the same. I showed the polyclinic doctor n he said its OK.

I also got my vitamins n suppliments from JB. Much cheaper than SG. [thumbsup]

Funny how our "subsidized" medicine can b more expensive than those sold at normal prices in JB?

Last time I bought from Kota Bahru was even cheaper. [nod]

Ya I also get my Highblood n diabetes madicine there. Abt half the price compared to the polyclinic n the medicine is exactly the same. I showed the polyclinic doctor n he said its OK.

Funny how our "subsidized" medicine can b more expensive than those sold at normal prices in JB?

It's based on market subsidies mah. [laugh]

By the way, drug companies do sell medicine in developed countries at higher price than developing and 3rd world countries. Singapore considered developed country liao, thanks to our inflated GDP.

It's based on market subsidies mah. [laugh]

By the way, drug companies do sell medicine in developed countries at higher price than developing and 3rd world countries. Singapore considered developed country liao, thanks to our inflated GDP.

Then I feel sorry fr all those poor pple who go polyclinic n pay premium prices especially those who dun hv the opportunity to go JB to buy medicine.

Ty pay more than what the rich r paying in JB. :blink:

SG really is a very expensive place to survive. [dizzy]

The price here is controlled to be artificially high.

Then "subsidize" downwards.

Not unless you're subsidizing 90%, it won't be cheaper than JB with its free competition.

And then you need prescription "for your safety", so doctors, pharmacies, hospitals...all get a big cut and profit in medicine price.

The price here is controlled to be artificially high.

Then "subsidize" downwards.

Not unless you're subsidizing 90%, it won't be cheaper than JB with its free competition.

And then you need prescription "for your safety", so doctors, pharmacies, hospitals...all get a big cut and profit in medicine price.

Ya the "system" here makes everything much more expensive. All prices artificially inflated to suck more n more money from the poor joe in the street. [:(]

Is this how our gharmen serves n protects its pple?

Ya the "system" here makes everything much more expensive. All prices artificially inflated to suck more n more money from the poor joe in the street. [:(]

Is this how our gharmen serves n protects its pple?

Gahmen is pro-business first.

Everyone needs to make money...and lots of it.

So you can pay your COE, ERP, Condo, private property.

For those who have asthma and taking Symbicort Turbuhaler, can get from there too. 60 doses selling there for 90RM, Singapore selling for $S60.

Gahmen is pro-business first.

Everyone needs to make money...and lots of it.

So you can pay your COE, ERP, Condo, private property.

Ya n here all those gharmen "subsidies" r all bullsheet subsidies.

Ty like those con shops. First ty increase the price by 100% then ty say big big ty give u 50% discount.

But in reality ty hv increase the price by 50%. Stupid pple so happy say gharmen so good give them 50% discount. Hahaha. [laugh]

true my ah ma medicines some bought at Batam or Indo at half price or lower in sg, same like in sg but much much cheaper. show the doc in SGH and say OK.

true my ah ma medicines some bought at Batam or Indo at half price or lower in sg, same like in sg but much much cheaper. show the doc in SGH and say OK.

I think gharmen know many pple already know Sg polyclinic medicine vely expensive n more n more r looking overseas to buy.

Thats why now ty say ty looking to make healthcare more reasonable.

I think this also is a load of BS from them. They give back here sure wil take double from there. [:(][smallcry][furious]

I think gharmen know many pple already know Sg polyclinic medicine vely expensive n more n more r looking overseas to buy.

Thats why now ty say ty looking to make healthcare more reasonable.

I think this also is a load of BS from them. They give back here sure wil take double from there. [:(][smallcry][furious]

reasonable? affordable? cheap? think for govt its reasonable but for the people its none of the three

reasonable? affordable? cheap? think for govt its reasonable but for the people its none of the three

Gharmen everything also wil say cheap cheap cheap. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Last time ty never wan to admit SG cost of living is high. Always say No lah. Sg very cheap till everybody keep saying everything very expensive then ty slowly bit by bit say ya this is a little expensive n that a little expensive.

But till todau ty wil give all sorts of phony statistics n comparisions showing SG still cheap.

Dunno how much longer ty try to bluff pple. Maybe till ty r no more in the gharmen then ty wil admit, Ya SG is a very expensive place to live. Now u sud go n demand the present gharmen to do something about yr high cost of living. Hahaha. [laugh]

Gharmen everything also wil say cheap cheap cheap. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Last time ty never wan to admit SG cost of living is high. Always say No lah. Sg very cheap till everybody keep saying everything very expensive then ty slowly bit by bit say ya this is a little expensive n that a little expensive.

But till todau ty wil give all sorts of phony statistics n comparisions showing SG still cheap.

Dunno how much longer ty try to bluff pple. Maybe till ty r no more in the gharmen then ty wil admit, Ya SG is a very expensive place to live. Now u sud go n demand the present gharmen to do something about yr high cost of living. Hahaha. [laugh]

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-ma...y-for-expats-st

here latest news! time to find other place to live

I knew SG was a very expensive place to live long long ago. [laugh]

Now I looking fr a cheaper place to retire. [sleeping]

Actually sg should be more ex than what it stated, even more ex than hk and even aussie

Actually sg should be more ex than what it stated, even more ex than hk and even aussie

Yes. All this while our gharmen has been playing around with the figures to show SG not so ex.

Now I think cannot bluff the majority of the people anymore. [nod]

Neutral Newbie

Guys, the most I will venture up is only JB or KL if I have friends who can rotate on taking the steering wheel and knows the roads and place well :)

Nowadays Malaysia is becoming like the Wild Wild West

↡ Advertisement