Food in Johor Bahru

Genie47

ahh.. emkay.. our old friend..

So the residential lookalike place serve nice food as well? usually go san low at nite but seldom nowadays.. guess I shd cross the road to check things out..

for the rojak, is it indian rojak or the chinese style?

Hi Long time no see, been busy with my new baby last one year or so ..

those are just a few store there .. nothing much.. started off with just a motorbike store selling mee-maggi .. now a row of small concrete buildings selling food .. so far i like the ice-kachang and chinese style rojak .. others seldom try..

↡ Advertisement

Eh? Kelpie? Its me lah!

Safe? That is relative. Johor Jaya looks alright. Traffic is high and busy from noon onwards. I can't say for the night 'cus I've not been there at night.

Night time not too friendly .. I stay there . At the Hong Kong Zai restaurant male owner was hacked to death by revenge seekers a few years back ..

• Praise 1

My contribution:

Permas Jaya Jusco, at the junction before u hit jusco, turn right.. inside u can drive all the way to the end, got a variety of seafood restaurants, famous nasi lemak, and enjoy the sea breeze and view of Sembawang on the opposite bank.

• Praise 1

There's a very nice fishball noodle restaurant near Taman Sentosa. " Ah Koong " Restaurant. A tad procey though . Mostly Singapore customers.

There's a very nice fishball noodle restaurant near Taman Sentosa. " Ah Koong " Restaurant. A tad procey though . Mostly Singapore customers.

I believe it is the 亚坤西刀鱼 that someone mentioned earlier.. Selling yong tau foo, Xi Dao fish soup, etc... Not bad, but pricey for JB.... They had an outlet in Vivo foodcourt actually, but i tink closed down liao (cos too ex?)...

Along the same row of shophouses as the Ah Koong, is a restaurant called Peking Restaurant, or Bei Jing Lou.... Not bad also... There is another 2 branches, 1 in Taman Molek, and another forgot liao... =)

• Praise 1

I believe it is the 亚坤西刀鱼 that someone mentioned earlier.. Selling yong tau foo, Xi Dao fish soup, etc... Not bad, but pricey for JB.... They had an outlet in Vivo foodcourt actually, but i tink closed down liao (cos too ex?)...

Along the same row of shophouses as the Ah Koong, is a restaurant called Peking Restaurant, or Bei Jing Lou.... Not bad also... There is another 2 branches, 1 in Taman Molek, and another forgot liao... =)

I think the correct name is Na Kung or something. frankly, i tried it a few time, but the stuff so-so. and they uses lard which is not fresh. if fresh, it will be good.

Ya , the exhobirant prices got stomped previously... the other branvch is at Danga Bay , Halal version .

There's also a very nice beef noodles/ kway teow shop at Johor Jaya near the Shell petrol station facing the main road leading down to Carrefour.....

Neutral Newbie

There is s few seafood restaurant in that area, todak is the largest. At times there is a lot of people have to wait for awhile of food. taste and price wise, all the restaurant are quite comparable.

• Praise 1

I've been to Todak a few times. Imo, Orang Asli Seafood is not as good as Chinese Seafood.. Go there only for the ambience..

↡ Advertisement