Food in Johor Bahru

Genie47

Dunno if this been mentioned but the most famous Chinese restaurant in JB is the Pekin Restoran chain. They have a handful of restaurants opened around Johor. Many Chinese wedding dinners are held at these places and I have attended a handful. They are so much better than our SG's 5 star hotel banquet lor. I hunted down 3, left 1 haven't try yet. All good and cheap. Here's the link.

http://www.pekin.com.my/contact.html

↡ Advertisement

阿明帝皇鸭,many outlets, one in Austin another in Permas Jaya. Tried the roast pork (normal, nothing to shout about), the roast duck (pretty good) and BBQ Pork (heavenly). They used slightly fatter pork for their BBQ Pork and it is very well roasted. It tasted a bit like Ba Gua!

My favourite too. Normally, I will tapao a duck back. Just went in on Tue and too bad d Tmn Austin one close. Not sure about d Johor Jaya one. Lazy pop over.

Which level in ksl?

just saw its in level one, near taxi stand, still in renovation stage.

Edited by Uncle2
  • Praise 5

Been to a stall selling Kuey Diao Tng yesterday. Located along Jalan Ah Fook in a eatery call the Driver's Restaurant. The Kuey Diao is nice but the duck next door even better, tender and juicy. Will go back for more.

those craving for seafood can go laguna which is 15 min from custom.

very nostalgic kelong style where you wash, big or small motion all goes straight down to the sea like kukup.

very nostalgic kelong style where you wash, big or small motion all goes straight down to the sea like kukup.

then the fishes eat them, kenna caught and served back to you on plate  :D

• Praise 2

Just hear wind that Sevenoaks restaurant in JB Rainbow Gardens is now officially open. Feedback that the restaurant is posh and serve good food at very reasonable prices. Anyone tried and feedback please!

is it Asli / Orang Asli Seafood?