Food in Johor Bahru

Genie47

Guys, there is this restaurant opposite Holiday plaza up the slope there at a corner next to Caltex called century jumbo 世纪珍宝海鲜楼. Don't ever go there eat!!! I ordered a fried yee mee, in the end, the plate of yee mee is so small that a plate of maggi mee is larger than that. you know how much is it? RM6 per plate. it is a black shop. the seafood in the yee mee is also not fresh! i even told them they cheat people's money to sell their dish like that. i was so anygry. Remember, don't go there!

↡ Advertisement

bros, those who have tried sin siang yuan, gui yuan, and restoran kak kak, which of them is a better choice for quality and value?

• Praise 1

Hi All,

Any fine dinning option that comes highly recommended in JB, the likes of Imperial Treasure and Wah Lok in JB? Is Peking Restaurant of comparable standard?

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Have tried Pekin, platable but my partner hv feedback that standard varies. Want good standard go on wkday.

• Praise 1

Have tried Pekin, platable but my partner hv feedback that standard varies. Want good standard go on wkday.

Thanks for the feedback, difficult to visit JB during weekend. I have heard about the inconsistency issue but friends have commented that it is good value for money. I recently tried Chez Papa French Bistro near Pelangi, worth a visit if you like good quality western food at Jack Place's prices, worth visiting.

Next on my list will be Rosmarino at Jalan Damai, heard not bad.

For those missing the road side hawker in Singapore, you can try the famous 三樓果條宅 or "San Lou Kway Chap"

This is a tiow chew style kway chap that has been selling in JB for the last 20-30 years. They used to open from 10pm till morning so I guess not many SIngaporean has tried it.

They recently moved and changed their operating time from 7pm.

Cheap and good good for those who like Kway-Tiao-Kia or Kway-Chap. I like the lean meat and big intestine. 5 of us had a full dinner and cost us RM21.

Jalan Stulang Darat

7pm-1am.

Neutral Newbie

behind the trucks customs got a kelong serving nasi lemak.duno the road name or no name is a muddy road need drive then can reach =)

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I'm gleaning off the pages posted by a HWZ member mosmos.

Here are some places for food in JB from some foodie magazine found in JB. For driving instructions, I suggest using maps.google.com

To tag places, I suggest using mapdoo.com This is a map company based in Malaysia. Free membership and tag to your heart's content. Do post your tags here for places you have eaten. If can take picture for FR, please do.

Restaurant name: Warisan Anjung

Location: D/A Taman Seri Budaya 296A Jalan Petri 80100 Johor Bahru

Cuisine: Malay food

Restaurant name: Carabao Restaurant Sdn Bhd

Cuisine: Thai

Restaurant name: Restoran Tea City Cuisin Sdn Bhd

Location: 100, 100A Jalan Serampang Taman Pelangi 80400 Johor Bahru

Cuisine: Chinese

Restaurant name: La Mian Kitchen

Location: 26, 26A, 26B Jalan Serampang Taman Pelangi 80400 Johor Bahru

Cuisine: Chinese (la mian)

Restaurant name: Restoran Huamui Sdn Bhd

Cuisine: Malaysian chinese local hawker kopitiam

Restaurant: Hiap Joo Bakery

Cuisine: Baked stuff like bread.

Restaurant: Indonesian Corner Fast Food

Location: 1 Jalan Bayu 2 Taman Perindustrian Tampoi Jaya 81200 Johor Bahru

Cuisine: Indonesian

Restaurant: Modern Revelation Music Restaurant

Cuisine: Steamboat?

Restaurant: Restoran Hak Seng

Cuisine: Roast chicken

Restaurant: Restoran Xin Yong

Cuisine: Dim sum

I'll update this as I get the time to glean through

u from edmw too ? asgm!

• Praise 1

HI Food readers,

Hak Seng - MAkan store has shifted to Lion City Hotel. (nearer and oppsite New Malaysia Checkpoint )The old place has to make way for the expansion of road works . As we went there to eat last nite (the 3rd time there).Uncle (the owner) shared with us that the current business records a drop in business of 40%. So if u missed his crispy chicken or fish head soup, wet Lor Mee style and that similar Stir fried mee hoon (Smiliar in look to SAN LOW)etc,why not head down to savour the yummy foodie. Ample carpark in front of the Hotel - got hotel guards to look after the car - park.Cheers.(Thanks for taking time to read)

There is also a Lion Spa there for those who are interested [laugh].

Regards,

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

hey guys ! first time driving up to jb soon >.<"...any advise can give bo ? cause i heard many scary stories lei +.+ like what kena hijack and stuff ! and more importantly whr can makan and play paintball in jb any idea ?

• Praise 1

restaurant yawang, opp soon huat bak ku teh. Rm48 for 1 whole herbal roast duck. Got dang gui, pai sen flavour too.

Bro,

Got GPS location?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1