Creative Technology becomes Destructive liao

Darth_mel

II wun be surprised if chap 11 comes into the pic soon. Unless they re-invent themselves

↡ Advertisement

our economy is fully relient on the rest of the world.

if the rest of the world is going to suck big, we cannot avoid either. simple as that.

Take heed, brace yourselves for the big typhoon coming.

...I would reckon more like a tsunami...

this is gonna be a bad one.....just got word from frens in semi-con, given axe and last day 31st jan...

cannot! must rescue our national pride....but who will rescue huh?

I tot some of the town councils own Creative shares and one of them is even the major shareholder?

• Praise 1

our economy is fully relient on the rest of the world.

if the rest of the world is going to suck big, we cannot avoid either. simple as that.

Take heed, brace yourselves for the big typhoon coming.

typhoonz... someone calling u!

Got few frds got retrenched already.1 working for motorola, local companies,mayb another 1 in seagate.

Reali sad but they hav maintained optimistic outlook.been searching 4 jobs furiousli.

• Praise 1

i got a friend there also...he is worried.

seems like harddisk makers hving the same thrend.... the Japanese hard disk maker in Tuas also same.....

hv friends in Seagate.... yeah, they are very worried.....

• Praise 1

Got few frds got retrenched already.1 working for motorola, local companies,mayb another 1 in seagate.

Reali sad but they hav maintained optimistic outlook.been searching 4 jobs furiousli.

motorola ppl are realli in abundance out in the market now.....

we just took in 1 recently as well.....

nowadays ppl use handphones for MP3, sound blaster are std factory made, PC speakers of other brand damn cheap, PSP, NDSL, plus Apple the superpower....how to compete??? and so many China brand MP3...

they have so many R&D and Sales/ Marketing, don't tell me they rely on the one & only man????

but i guess they cannot fail, or we very malu...

This company very lame leh, others will advertise to tell people what functions they have in their products but CT advertise to say their products come in many shades of colours. [sleeping]

I'll stick to my iPod . . . . . <_<

• Praise 1

Creative - non government

CSM - government

So u still think CSM will close? They've been losing $ for many years but still operating. Without government input, the company would have closed door long ago

CSM - government

So u still think CSM will close? They've been losing $ for many years but still operating. Without government input, the company would have closed door long ago

Hard to say. ST (now Tamasek) bought over Micropolis hard disc many years back. But in the end also close down (not even sold or taken over).

One of the issue of Daniel K saga with Creative.

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/04/daniel_k-who-fi.html

This should be what will lead to Creative's imminent doom. I was prepared to buy a Creative sound card until I knew of this, and all potential Creative purchases held off indefinitely. Their driver support is thoroughly and royally screwed.

Edited by Beehive3783

Neutral Newbie

I bought a wireless headphone from Creative about a year back. Strange thing is it only works with creative products. When hooked to my 2 laptops, Ipod and TV, all had background static. Brought it back and was given credits instead of refund.

Turbocharged

CSM - government

ya but there is a limit how much money our Government has. After the BILLIONS spent on overseas bank, they got how much money to bail out CSM?

Seriously, if u know anyone working in CSM, u will know how BAD shape the company is. I am in this field, or rather I design ICs to be manufactured by Fabs like CSM or TSMC.

It is the corporate culture which is REALLY bad.... they ill treat the bottom engineers who does all the work. U pay peanuts, u get monkeys lor... The rank and file engineers in CSM are those who cannot find jobs in better fabs I think and are stuck in a sinking ship.

When the economy is going well, TSMC has 100% loading so the spillover demand get absorbed by the secondary fabs like UMC, CSM, etc. When the demand falls, the FAB capacity is still there, people will prefer to make in TSMC due to better process and Fabs like CSM will be badly hit. Already started already. Ask anyone in CSM about the fab loading.....

↡ Advertisement