Creative Technology becomes Destructive liao

Darth_mel

The SD card reader allows you to play music on SD cards directly as well as record audio using the 360 degree built-in MIC. Going by the reviews, these functions work very well.

Have to be fair, lah bro. But I agree that Creative products are marketed more to the engineer-geek types than typical sheeple (who would rather go for Apple-crap. I, for one, *like* having a zillion functions and spending time discovering them - even the hidden "features" that are undocumented.

I think of Sim Wong Hoo as more of a Wozniak than a Jobs. That may be his failing in the current undiscerning market.

agreed with you that it is marketed to more of geek types ....but if you really want to sell more in the market, you need to shift to cater to the majority

you cant survive purely by selling to a small segment

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

sold off my creative shares long ago.. thank goodness.

I think they are probably the only company that placed their CEO's used Lexus LS460 (old model) probably 3 year old car as first prize in lucky draw. ... good thing is, COE probably included.

not bad leh. the company losing money for so many Qs still can drive top end lexus.

if I am not wrong SWH was one of the richest man in Sg at some point. Creative share reached $60+ before right?

Steve Jobs made 2 mistakes in his life.

One is to hire the Pepsi man Scully who kicked him out of his own company

and two letting the 2 evil men from Google sit on his board and learn

evenything about the Iphone to make their Android phones.

If he didn't do that Android would be no where and same for Samsung.

If it wasn't for Jobs Microsoft would also not have Windows and Bill Gates

would just be a DOS man. Steve Jobs is a true genius that so many

IT gurus copied from.

:D

IT gurus copied from.

steve jobs jokes:

stevejobs-03.jpg

although i hold creative shares

i personally prefer sonic gear products

especially their ammegadon series

Yeah Sonic gear makes better products,

I like their Ear Pumps Studio Pro and Xenon 900

headphones. Faster sell your creative shares and buy

Sonic Gear. I think its an unlisted local company,

invest now and ask them to go public and then retire

as an IT millionaire.

• Praise 1

Yeah Sonic gear makes better products,

I like their Ear Pumps Studio Pro and Xenon 900

headphones. Faster sell your creative shares and buy

Sonic Gear. I think its an unlisted local company,

invest now and ask them to go public and then retire

as an IT millionaire.

i tried their armegeddon ultra a7, whoa!!!!!! for $125 from ntuc, damm it is good!!!! [inlove]

my neighbour thought that i have a home theatre system

i showed him my $125 speaker, he chua tio [grin]

IT gurus copied from.

If Eric Schmidt was not on Apple's board, iPhone would probably not born,.. at least not the way it is today.

I believe Google and Yahoo played a big part in making the internet communicator a reality working with the iOS 1.0 API. The only difference is, Schmidt is evil, Jerry Yang was not.

If there were no Android today, Blackberry and Nokia would probably survived... Maemo or Meego could be the iOS competitor, as is Windows Mobile 7.0 (not WP7) and WebOS. They died not because of iOS but Android.

Then they went into mp3 and made one of the first player - nomad mp3 player. Apple came knocking their doors wanting to partner Creative to sell mp3 players. SWH refused. The rest is history. I remembered SWH scoffed at the first gen ipod shuffle when it was introduced and said Creative already had the segment covered. Well, how many people scoffed at Steve Jobs and survived? To my memory, none.

It was almost heart-wrenching to know tat happened... what was SWH thinking... if the partnership had taken off... with Apple's mktg... creative products would have flooded the world...

big-headed, loss of humility will cost SWH dearly...

i tried their armegeddon ultra a7, whoa!!!!!! for $125 from ntuc, damm it is good!!!! [inlove]

my neighbour thought that i have a home theatre system

i showed him my $125 speaker, he chua tio [grin]

Good system [thumbsup]

85 watts RMS and 6.5 inch woofer.

It was almost heart-wrenching to know tat happened... what was SWH thinking... if the partnership had taken off... with Apple's mktg... creative products would have flooded the world...

big-headed, loss of humility will cost SWH dearly...

Well, Creative was the incumbent. Upcoming star and raring to go. Like what FaceBook was 6 years ago.

Apple was then, well, not going anywhere then with only the iMac and iBook (portable iMac then) to show for, i think was still OS 9.

If i were SWH, i would have taken my chance and go for glory myself too... thinking that if Sony can make it with the Walkman, why not Creative make it with the Nomad? But, Sony had a visionary CEO, as does Apple. SWH was an engineer at heart and coming from a little red dot.

Well, Creative was the incumbent. Upcoming star and raring to go. Like what FaceBook was 6 years ago.

Apple was then, well, not going anywhere then with only the iMac and iBook (portable iMac then) to show for, i think was still OS 9.

If i were SWH, i would have taken my chance and go for glory myself too... thinking that if Sony can make it with the Walkman, why not Creative make it with the Nomad? But, Sony had a visionary CEO, as does Apple. SWH was an engineer at heart and coming from a little red dot.

on hindsight, every single thing is 20/20

instead of talking of past glory, creative need to start coming with better ideas and innovative products that truly appeal to the masses

Creative is in one of the hottest industries at the moment.

People happily paying $500 for over hyped headphones

and $1000 music players.

Creative is in one of the hottest industries at the moment.

People happily paying $500 for over hyped headphones

and $1000 music players.

i just bought fiio x5 (local), bayer dynamic dt990 250 ohm (amazon), a cheap tube amp from ebay

the combination is guitarheadbang.gif

Good system [thumbsup]

85 watts RMS and 6.5 inch woofer.

actually i donno what these numbers mean

but they sure rock!!!!! guitarheadbang.gif

i just bought fiio x5 (local), bayer dynamic dt990 250 ohm (amazon), a cheap tube amp from ebay

the combination is guitarheadbang.gif

Fiio is one of the best value underrated products especally the X5.

I am on the plane a lot and a Fiio E6 with a Logitech G430 makes the time go faster.

This combo saved me when I had to fly Auckland to Sin

My memory foam cushion to stop my bum aching also helped.

SWH is abt 60 y.o., billionaire; hey days started in the 80”s; at prime Creative technology had a workforce of a few k (5,000?); Not married, no kids? Think he has done well and could not do better. Bearing in mind, super corporations do have changes at CEO level to move forward.

SWH is abt 60 y.o., billionaire; hey days started in the 80s; at prime Creative technology had a workforce of a few k (5,000?); Not married, no kids? Think he has done well and could not do better. Bearing in mind, super corporations do have changes at CEO level to move forward.

Uncle Sim is really a hero [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

If Eric Schmidt was not on Apple's board, iPhone would probably not born,.. at least not the way it is today.

I believe Google and Yahoo played a big part in making the internet communicator a reality working with the iOS 1.0 API. The only difference is, Schmidt is evil, Jerry Yang was not.

If there were no Android today, Blackberry and Nokia would probably survived... Maemo or Meego could be the iOS competitor, as is Windows Mobile 7.0 (not WP7) and WebOS. They died not because of iOS but Android.

Nay it was really the other way round. Andriod was going to be like blackberry if he didn't sit on Apple board.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1