To ensure a great experience for all of us and considering the diverse makeup of our community, there are certain forum guidelines to follow. There aren't too many rules, so please read through these before posting. Our friendly moderators will help to enforce these guidelines in the forum.
- Slanderous, defamatory, obscene, violent, abusive, threatening and harassing comments will not be allowed.
- Respect the viewpoints of others, even if you may not agree with them. Agree to disagree.
- No profanity or obscenities of any kind.
- No personal attacks on other users.
- No political or racial comments will be allowed.
- No impersonation of other participants or public figures.
- No FULL CAPS postings. In internet, CAPS equates to shouting.
- Refrain from posting information which is not publicly available.
- No copyrighted material is allowed. Please use links instead.
- Please declare vested interest (if any) on the topic you are discussing
- No multiple postings
- No WTS thread allowed on forum, you can post your item here >> http://www.mycarforu...?app=sgcarstore
- No Group-Buys. Only Admin & Internal Mods are allowed to arrange group-buys
Deletion of Threads
Mods and Admins reserve all rights to remove, modify or move posts at our sole discretion and without explanation. If you have any questions, please PM any of our us.
Some threads go on forever. For threads with more than 100 pages(25 postings per page), we request that participants continue their discussion in a new thread. The link to the new thread will be posted in the old thread and it will be locked subsequently.
Members are not allowed to operate multiple accounts. Immediate ban will be enforced.
Ads & Solicitation
No advertisement or solicitation of any kind is allowed in MCF forums unless you are a paying sponsor. Any threads or posting which are deemed to be unauthorised solicitation or advertisement of services will be deleted promptly. Please read How to become a sponsor for more information.
Please limit your signature to a maximum of 4 lines. Links are not encouraged in signatures. Images are not allowed. Please refer to Signature guidelines.
Avatar (User icons)
Users should make sure that their avatars are not offensive, abusive, racist or sexist in nature. MCF is made up of a wide community of users so please be understanding towards others when selecting an avatar. Please refer to Avatar guidelines.
For new users, please note that the following types of username will not be allowed
- Racist names
- Religious or religion orientated names
- Names that contain profanity, or variations of profanity
- Names designed to imitate the name of another member
- Names designed to imitate the name of prominent company or product (eg. BMW)
- Names that imitate or ridicule prominent public figure
We have a powerful search system and what you are asking may have already been answered. This will save you time from waiting for a reply. Before you post, visit our search page. If you have too many results, try limiting the date to the last 6 months.
Pick the proper forum
Your question will get answered much quicker if you take a minute and pick the most appropriate forum for your post.
Keep your post on topic
Please try not to stray from the discussion topic, especially in the technical threads when possible. If you are straying off into a new topic, start a new thread for it. If necessary, make good use of the Lite & EZ forum for chit chatting.
Give new members some slack, don't chastise them for not reading this guideline first. Make them feel welcome into the community. We were all newbies once. Avoid sarcasm, it's often lost in the post and just ends up being rude.
Do not use abbreviations & dialects
MCF is a public forum with members of all races as well as foreigners. So, kindly be considerate and use proper English with punctuations. Posts with excessive use of abbreviations & dialects will be locked and removed; the poster also receive a warning or be banned.
Do not post "Smiley" only posts
Posting of extremely short or "Smiley" only posts that are non-constructive in nature are not beneficial to discussions.
Please refrain from posting such posts in the forums. Members who do this excessively will have their posts removed, and receive a warning or be banned.
Do not leave lots of blank lines in your post
Posting with lots of blanks lines will be deleted.
Note that this list is not exhaustive, and will be subject to change as and when required.