Income/Class classification in Singapore.

Milgram

haha.. yes.. throttle wipe tables at suntec and drives a BMW too... i have been waiting for an opening for a long time.

You also wiping tables, I thought?

at Newton right?

Now suntec foodcourt no opening, if have i let you know.

↡ Advertisement

You also wiping tables, I thought?

at Newton right?

Now suntec foodcourt no opening, if have i let you know.

Wow, didnt know there is so many table wipers around here.

Wow, didnt know there is so many table wipers around here.

only two actually, Jerms and me.

He at Newton, I at Suntec.

He always complain that his got no aircon.

Nice post bro....any idea what are the top 20%, bottom 20% and middle 60% incomes are like in terms of actual total household incomes (in SGD)?

To all bros - I think the stoopid newspapers, when they wrote low/middle/high class, they actually meant low income class, middle income class and high income class.

I take the point, and wholeheartedly agree, that one's salary is not a good gauge in terms of how classy one is - classy in this case referring to how you conduct yourself with respect to people and things about you. But I wasn't really talking about this dah [lipsrsealed]

The total household income can be found on gov website., just google then you can find those data easily.

The total household income can be found on gov website., just google then you can find those data easily.

Never read and believe datas you find in 'white'site'...afterall, didn't it ever occur to you, why the background of these sites are always 'white'? :D[laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Hawker like selling mince meat noodle or curry puff which earn more than 10k or 20k a month can consider as upper class anot? Do take note that some even drive Benz

I just classify them as high income class [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Try to diversify into precious metals too. Incoming inflation would eat into your savings and the interest you earn would probably not make up for it. Our local inflation rate shot up in 2008, and with all the stimulus plans being laid out globally I am afraid to see what would happen in 2009. Why precious metals? Because everything else is very volatile now. For me I don't think even my nerves can take this current volatile environment. [bigcry]

How much should one invest out of one's salary (in percentage terms) and how much to save?

Neutral Newbie

personally, i think with the amount of dislocation in the markets now, equities should be the asset class to be in for the next few years. if u can stomache the volatilities, i believe more money can be made in equities.

Any good ones to recommend bro? [lipsrsealed]

only two actually, Jerms and me.

He at Newton, I at Suntec.

He always complain that his got no aircon.

not only no aircon... sometimes got drunkards puking here and there after partying.. but the perk is i get to see alot of clubbers some quite hot.. but throttle has alot of OL to see oso.. i like.. lol

Edited by Jerms

Neutral Newbie

That's what I did before I came into MCF actually...couldn't find it anywhere there...you have the exact URL dude?

That's what I did before I came into MCF actually...couldn't find it anywhere there...you have the exact URL dude?

for singapore v. big difference between median, average due to high GINI. so sometimes ST quote u high pay, sometimes low pay, depending what they are arguing : )

Neutral Newbie

for singapore v. big difference between median, average due to high GINI. so sometimes ST quote u high pay, sometimes low pay, depending what they are arguing : )

There was an MCF post about this Kelvin Ching dude (the china girl blog saga) who apparently at 33 is earning $7K a month. Someone commented on another forum that this salary is pathetic for a 33 year old [shocked] . WTH....is this true? I thought this is considered above average liao!

Neutral Newbie

$91k annual household income already top 10%?

singapore si bei low standard...

Somehow I find that hard to believe too bro [thumbsdown]