Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic | 6 praises

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi there,

My honda civic wiper has been there for 2 yrs + since first collected. Is there any recommeded wipers for me to change? price? easy to change?

How do I know if wipers need to be changed? Mine creates noise when moving across the windscreen.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:32 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi there,

My honda civic wiper has been there for 2 yrs + since first collected. Is there any recommeded wipers for me to change? price? easy to change?

How do I know if wipers need to be changed? Mine creates noise when moving across the windscreen.

Whoa you sure can tahan. I changed mine with AD twice, my car is more dan 2.5 years old. AD charge me 20+ for the longer side and cheaper for the shorter side. They dun remove the whole rubber wiper just the tip. I changed the longer one twice and the shorter one once.
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

haha just changed my tyres also...after like 37ooo km....yokohama...

Edited by Babyt, 19 January 2009 - 02:40 PM.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:43 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hi there,

tot AD would change it when regular servicing and charge in parts fee

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:47 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

our service is not covered under warranty leh. so we go elsewhere to change engine oil thats all.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

Wanderer
  • Wanderer
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Do u still see streaks of water after wiping? If yes, then better change as the condition of the rubber wiper has deteriorated. Better to look for those wiper blade replacement, else u have to change the whole wiper arm

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:40 PM

Civic2000
  • Premium member
    Civic2000
    6th Gear
    Author Image

tot AD would change it when regular servicing and charge in parts fee

KM will not replace the wiper blade for you unless you tell them to do so. I just had my wiper blades replaced at KM when I did my 40 K km servicing with them last month. Anyway, My FD2 is coming to 3 years old and this is the first replacement of wiper blades. The cost for replacement of wiper blades is as follows:

Rubber Blade (wiper) 650mm = $ 13.38
Rubber Blade (wiper) 575 mm = $ 11.64

When I shut my mouth and turn and walk away, it doesn’t mean you’ve won. It simply means that you are not worth any more of my time.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:42 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi there,

Most accessories shops can help you out. personally I only use bosch wipers as i find them to be the best.

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

Blue850r
  • Blue850r
    4th Gear
    Author Image

KM will not replace the wiper blade for you unless you tell them to do so. I just had my wiper blades replaced at KM when I did my 40 K km servicing with them last month. Anyway, My FD2 is coming to 3 years old and this is the first replacement of wiper blades. The cost for replacement of wiper blades is as follows:

Price from AD is very reasonable.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

Blue850r
  • Blue850r
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Most accessories shops can help you out. personally I only use bosch wipers as i find them to be the best.

NWB or Denso is superior to Bosch

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

Ngck
  • Premium member
    Ngck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi there,

first shell station after CIQ selling some OEM(dunno wat brand) sillicon wipers for RM40 whole set
mon to friday

dunno how to compare cause never use sillicon wiper before.. she only say last longer... thats all
People are more violently opposed to fur than to leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

Hilander4650
  • Hilander4650
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

KM sell so cheap meh? which year civic u driving? i got mine from stockist $30 per pair...rubber blade

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:21 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nowadays those Bosch wipers in black packaging made in china liao. shakehead.gif

Go for Denso or NWB better.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i tot just go Giant buy from the shelf...haha.

wiper blades are sold in 1 packaging per piece or pair??

i see that we can change wiper insert..but looks a bit tough for noob...sld i just go KM to replace insert? but i scare it may take half a day...

Edited by Babyt, 19 January 2009 - 10:39 PM.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:44 PM

Mj79
  • Mj79
    1st Gear
    Author Image

So Cheap!! Can I just drive in any day to get the replacement??

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i see that we can change wiper insert..but looks a bit tough for noob...sld i just go KM to replace insert? but i scare it may take half a day...

I suggest you call up first to check for stock availability.

Edited by Watwheels, 19 January 2009 - 10:46 PM.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:19 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

NWB or Denso is superior to Bosch

Nowadays those Bosch wipers in black packaging made in china liao. shakehead.gif

Go for Denso or NWB better.

No more the yellow packaging??? Dont know what NWB is but the yellow packaged boschs were definately much better than denso.

Its easy don't fret. Just make sure you read the instructions!!!

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

Titank
  • Premium member
    Titank
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Whoa you sure can tahan. I changed mine with AD twice, my car is more dan 2.5 years old. AD charge me 20+ for the longer side and cheaper for the shorter side. They dun remove the whole rubber wiper just the tip. I changed the longer one twice and the shorter one once.

Which year of Honda Civic you are driving? Where can get it cheap & maybe just DIY change it.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:11 PM

Dwoon
  • Premium member
    Dwoon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I use NWB as its the cheapest I can find...... $22 for a set of 18" & 22". tongue.gif

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

Titank
  • Premium member
    Titank
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I use NWB as its the cheapest I can find...... $22 for a set of 18" & 22". tongue.gif

NWB? What is this brand? Can use for 2007 Civic model?

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Wiper, recommendation, Honda and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users