Search
Where Find BEST SATAY NASI BRIYANI Singapore

• Search this thread
79 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

Anakusop
  • Anakusop
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

don wan to go lau pa sat.... not that nice leh the satay.....

the gravy oso so-so like dat....

i wan the satay damn KAO KAO one... hahhaar!!

anyone noes?? gossip.gif

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:21 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

don wan to go lau pa sat.... not that nice leh the satay.....

the gravy oso so-so like dat....

i wan the satay damn KAO KAO one... hahhaar!!

anyone noes?? gossip.gif

do u need halal satay?

i far prefer chinese satay. especially pork. if u are not Muslim then i'd recommend the black pepper satay at Old Airport Road hawker centre. their normal satay also the best i've tasted. gravy is good but i not a huge fan of gravy. i go more for the meat.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

Hishercar
  • Hishercar
    Banned

CHINESE WITH PINEAPPLE STYLE OR TRAditional malay style

byrani only one place - arab street zam zam or neighhour shop

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:11 PM

Cybertron
  • Cybertron
    1st Gear

Ya can try Allauddin's Briyani. One of the better ones around.

---
iEatClub - Food Lovers Club

http://ieatclub.com

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:13 PM

Hishercar
  • Hishercar
    Banned

store name please thanks

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

Cheepo
  • Cheepo
    5th Gear

My friend brought me to a new satay stall at Brickworks a couple of weeks ago. I am not a satay expert but my family enjoyed the food tremendously. Brickworks is the HDB estate behind IKEA and SAFRA clubhouse along Jalan Bukit Merah. The stall is called Geyland Serai Muslim Food or something to that effect. thumbsup.gif

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

Wanderer
  • Wanderer
    5th Gear

The coffeeshop just beside the Swee Choon dim sum at Jalan Besar.

Chinese style and the place sells cheap wanton mee and chicken rice also. Beware of the Yong Tao Hoo store if u r planning to order, not cheap........

The satay is quite fleshy and not those bite size type like those at Lau Pa Sat.... Gravy also got Pineapple in it.....

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:03 PM

Route88
  • Premium member
    Route88
    Turbocharged

Diff ppl got diff tolerance for taste, depends on their taste buds.

Satay (Halal)

Haig rd f/c - one corner facing bus stop

Yunos - AMK F/C

Al-Hambra Padang satay
01-15 Esplanade Mall

Yusoff - Pasir Panjang F/C

East Coast Lagoon F/C - Damn crowded

Blk 270 Queen St - Indon Satay

Al Azhar - Ching cheong nam rd

JB larkin got lots of good satay too,if u r in selagor or KL,search for satay kajang.

Bryani 

Mughals Hyderabadi Biryani Rstnt
Tampines Central

Abak Briyani  opposite Hjh Maimunah @ Jalan Pisang

Geylang serai market - The long Q one.

Victory beside zam zam

What is the most effective way to control the world?
"MIND CONTROL"

We are being hypnotised and brainwashed !!! 

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:28 PM

Cybertron
  • Cybertron
    1st Gear

There's different style of briyani i think...

The ones at Zam Zam or New Victory along North Bridge Road have the rice not that yellowish. Compared to these 2 stalls, which are pretty side by side, I think separated by just one shop in btw if not wrong, I find the rice of the New Victory a bit harder.

The one at Allauddin's Briyani, the rice is more yellowish (indian style?), and the more rice has more spicy (not hot, but spice) taste....

---
iEatClub - Food Lovers Club

http://ieatclub.com

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:38 PM

Doosan
  • Premium member
    Doosan
    5th Gear

my favourite Nasi Briyani is inside e Tanjong Pagar Railway station thumbsup.gif
owner is pakistani, ample parking space drivingcar.gif .
rice using masmati rice, best gravy either ayam, etc tongue.gif . you must try

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:24 PM

David
  • David
    Supercharged

do u need halal satay?

i far prefer chinese satay. especially pork. if u are not Muslim then i'd recommend the black pepper satay at Old Airport Road hawker centre. their normal satay also the best i've tasted. gravy is good but i not a huge fan of gravy. i go more for the meat.

I would prefer the chinese satay 1)size 2)the seasoning and 3)in between the pork there is a piece of the fats which after bbq would makes it chewy. The malay satay are also nice especially I remembered a certain stall in the then Elizabeth Walk that is spicy.

Also I would very much preferred the peanut sauce to c/w pounded pineapple but nowadays I accepted those machine chopped/blended pinapple.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:09 PM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear

I used to have lots of Indian colleagues (from India). I've tasted lots of Briyani and all types of Indian food with them.

I prefer those Briyani where the meat is cooked in the rice, not separately. Briyani rice cooked this way is more fragrant, and meat is tender and moist.

Unlike those where rice and meat are cooked separately... rice got taste no smell... meat got taste got smell but usually overcooked (cos soaked in curry all the way)... yucks...soft soft one, not tender at all.

Anyway, i recommend this shop at Siglap area: http://www.ahs.com.sg/chutney.htm. Their Bryani and other dishes are good! Try also their Tandoori chicken/chicken tikka, naan and tandoori bread. thumbsup.gif

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:30 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious

I always go Beach Rd Hawker Centre for satay.

For briyani I think there's an Indian fast food restaurant at Jln Bukit Merah Central that has good briyani, they provide food delivery too.
Winter is Coming!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:50 PM

Drafting88
  • Premium member
    Drafting88
    2nd Gear

I used to have lots of Indian colleagues (from India). I've tasted lots of Briyani and all types of Indian food with them.

I prefer those Briyani where the meat is cooked in the rice, not separately. Briyani rice cooked this way is more fragrant, and meat is tender and moist.

Unlike those where rice and meat are cooked separately... rice got taste no smell... meat got taste got smell but usually overcooked (cos soaked in curry all the way)... yucks...soft soft one, not tender at all.

Anyway, i recommend this shop at Siglap area: http://www.ahs.com.sg/chutney.htm. Their Bryani and other dishes are good! Try also their Tandoori chicken/chicken tikka, naan and tandoori bread. thumbsup.gif

The briyani where the meat is cooked in it would be the Dum Briyani. Like what you said, it tastes so much better than when both the rice and meat are cooked separately.

Route88 mentioned Abak Briyani along Jalan Pisang and I would like to attest to what he said. It is delicious and if you are around the Jalan Sultan area and craving for briyani give it a visit.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear

Mughals Hyderabadi Biryani Rstnt
Tampines Central

Is this the one at Telepark, next to 7-11?

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:57 PM

Bluestone14
  • Bluestone14
    Neutral Newbie

Go to Northpoint Shopping Centre...there's a briyani store at the food court...there's always quite a Q during meal time...it's pretty expensive for food court but it taste fantastic!

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged

I would prefer the chinese satay 1)size 2)the seasoning and 3)in between the pork there is a piece of the fats which after bbq would makes it chewy. The malay satay are also nice especially I remembered a certain stall in the then Elizabeth Walk that is spicy.

Also I would very much preferred the peanut sauce to c/w pounded pineapple but nowadays I accepted those machine chopped/blended pinapple.

yeah. i LOVE this kinda fats. the other meat fats aren't as juicy and fragrant after BBQ-ing.

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

Anakusop
  • Anakusop
    3rd Gear

waaahh u all sure noe where all the good foods are huh.... nosebleed.gif

im looking for halal satay n briyani but of course u all can also list down the non halal ones so that others can use this topic as reference as well.... thumbsup.gif

will definitely try to try all the places stated that are highly recommended in these few months...

cannot everday go to diff shop mah....

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

Gramlights
  • Gramlights
    Clutched

Satay - ECP food court. (3rd shop from the left if you're facing the rolls of Halal food stalls.

Nasi Bryani - 6th Ave Kopitiam. (The kopitiam beside Video EZ and 7-11)
+ Live & Let Die +

" I am invisible to the world "

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

Limhm
  • Limhm
    5th Gear

I second the Northpoint Shopping Centre's Nasi Briyani...Yum Yum...will always ask for more curry. Sometimes, I wld jus take MRT all e way to Yishun jus to eat e Briyani n go home....Keke...

But hor, hate e Q. Something worth waiting for.

Back to Makan Corner  ·  Others Top

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users