Where To Find THE BEST SATAY and NASI BRIYANI In Singapore??

Anakusop

don wan to go lau pa sat.... not that nice leh the satay.....

the gravy oso so-so like dat....

i wan the satay damn KAO KAO one... hahhaar!!

anyone noes?? [gossip]

↡ Advertisement

don wan to go lau pa sat.... not that nice leh the satay.....

the gravy oso so-so like dat....

i wan the satay damn KAO KAO one... hahhaar!!

anyone noes?? [gossip]

do u need halal satay?

i far prefer chinese satay. especially pork. if u are not Muslim then i'd recommend the black pepper satay at Old Airport Road hawker centre. their normal satay also the best i've tasted. gravy is good but i not a huge fan of gravy. i go more for the meat.

My friend brought me to a new satay stall at Brickworks a couple of weeks ago. I am not a satay expert but my family enjoyed the food tremendously. Brickworks is the HDB estate behind IKEA and SAFRA clubhouse along Jalan Bukit Merah. The stall is called Geyland Serai Muslim Food or something to that effect. [thumbsup]

The coffeeshop just beside the Swee Choon dim sum at Jalan Besar.

Chinese style and the place sells cheap wanton mee and chicken rice also. Beware of the Yong Tao Hoo store if u r planning to order, not cheap........

The satay is quite fleshy and not those bite size type like those at Lau Pa Sat.... Gravy also got Pineapple in it.....

Diff ppl got diff tolerance for taste, depends on their taste buds.

Satay (Halal)

Haig rd f/c - one corner facing bus stop

Yunos - AMK F/C

Al-Hambra Padang satay

01-15 Esplanade Mall

Yusoff - Pasir Panjang F/C

East Coast Lagoon F/C - Damn crowded

Blk 270 Queen St - Indon Satay

Al Azhar - Ching cheong nam rd

JB larkin got lots of good satay too,if u r in selagor or KL,search for satay kajang.

Bryani

There's different style of briyani i think...

The ones at Zam Zam or New Victory along North Bridge Road have the rice not that yellowish. Compared to these 2 stalls, which are pretty side by side, I think separated by just one shop in btw if not wrong, I find the rice of the New Victory a bit harder.

The one at Allauddin's Briyani, the rice is more yellowish (indian style?), and the more rice has more spicy (not hot, but spice) taste....

my favourite Nasi Briyani is inside e Tanjong Pagar Railway station [thumbsup]

owner is pakistani, ample parking space [drivingcar] .

rice using masmati rice, best gravy either ayam, etc [:p] . you must try

do u need halal satay?

i far prefer chinese satay. especially pork. if u are not Muslim then i'd recommend the black pepper satay at Old Airport Road hawker centre. their normal satay also the best i've tasted. gravy is good but i not a huge fan of gravy. i go more for the meat.

I would prefer the chinese satay 1)size 2)the seasoning and 3)in between the pork there is a piece of the fats which after bbq would makes it chewy. The malay satay are also nice especially I remembered a certain stall in the then Elizabeth Walk that is spicy.

Also I would very much preferred the peanut sauce to c/w pounded pineapple but nowadays I accepted those machine chopped/blended pinapple.

I used to have lots of Indian colleagues (from India). I've tasted lots of Briyani and all types of Indian food with them.

I prefer those Briyani where the meat is cooked in the rice, not separately. Briyani rice cooked this way is more fragrant, and meat is tender and moist.

Unlike those where rice and meat are cooked separately... rice got taste no smell... meat got taste got smell but usually overcooked (cos soaked in curry all the way)... yucks...soft soft one, not tender at all.

Anyway, i recommend this shop at Siglap area: http://www.ahs.com.sg/chutney.htm. Their Bryani and other dishes are good! Try also their Tandoori chicken/chicken tikka, naan and tandoori bread. [thumbsup]

I always go Beach Rd Hawker Centre for satay.

For briyani I think there's an Indian fast food restaurant at Jln Bukit Merah Central that has good briyani, they provide food delivery too.

I used to have lots of Indian colleagues (from India). I've tasted lots of Briyani and all types of Indian food with them.

I prefer those Briyani where the meat is cooked in the rice, not separately. Briyani rice cooked this way is more fragrant, and meat is tender and moist.

Unlike those where rice and meat are cooked separately... rice got taste no smell... meat got taste got smell but usually overcooked (cos soaked in curry all the way)... yucks...soft soft one, not tender at all.

Anyway, i recommend this shop at Siglap area: http://www.ahs.com.sg/chutney.htm. Their Bryani and other dishes are good! Try also their Tandoori chicken/chicken tikka, naan and tandoori bread. [thumbsup]

The briyani where the meat is cooked in it would be the Dum Briyani. Like what you said, it tastes so much better than when both the rice and meat are cooked separately.

Route88 mentioned Abak Briyani along Jalan Pisang and I would like to attest to what he said. It is delicious and if you are around the Jalan Sultan area and craving for briyani give it a visit.

Go to Northpoint Shopping Centre...there's a briyani store at the food court...there's always quite a Q during meal time...it's pretty expensive for food court but it taste fantastic!

I would prefer the chinese satay 1)size 2)the seasoning and 3)in between the pork there is a piece of the fats which after bbq would makes it chewy. The malay satay are also nice especially I remembered a certain stall in the then Elizabeth Walk that is spicy.

Also I would very much preferred the peanut sauce to c/w pounded pineapple but nowadays I accepted those machine chopped/blended pinapple.

yeah. i LOVE this kinda fats. the other meat fats aren't as juicy and fragrant after BBQ-ing.

waaahh u all sure noe where all the good foods are huh.... [nosebleed]

im looking for halal satay n briyani but of course u all can also list down the non halal ones so that others can use this topic as reference as well.... [thumbsup]

will definitely try to try all the places stated that are highly recommended in these few months...

cannot everday go to diff shop mah....

↡ Advertisement