Vietnamese / Burmese maids?

Kianbeng

Hi all,

I extended my indo maid's COE last year but now she claims her mother is ill and her family wants her back (standard reason). Told her that I experienced this story too many a times. And everytime when this happens, when they return back home, within 1 month, their savings will be gone and they'll call to ask me to let them come back to work again without having to go thru the agents again. I ever experienced my another ex maid writing a letter to my current maid asking her to cherish the work here and don't be like her, going to HK got more salary but regretted. I was puzzled. Maids in HK very jialat meh? Expectation issues?

Anyway, now I'm searching for a new maid and possibly considering a vietnamese / burmese maid. Has anyone used them before or knows where to get them? I assume they more expensive than Indo maids? I just realised there's vietnamese maids when my relatives told me about it during CNY gathering, saying they are quite ok?

But when I checked with my previous maid agencies, none of them do vietnamese / burmese. I only know near my office, there's a place for vietnamese brides.....not maids. [thumbsup]

Appreciate any contacts / advise from anyone. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Had experiences with Burmese, simply CMI, English damm jialat. With Indo still can get through with some Bahasa. Vietnamese never heard of them coming over as maids.

Maids in HK though paid higher are expected to pay for many things themselves, so end up might be same as Singapore if not worse off.

I only know near my office, there's a place for vietnamese brides.....not maids. [thumbsup]

Get one of those then can double as a maid...

Hi all,

I extended my indo maid's COE last year but now she claims her mother is ill and her family wants her back (standard reason). Told her that I experienced this story too many a times. And everytime when this happens, when they return back home, within 1 month, their savings will be gone and they'll call to ask me to let them come back to work again without having to go thru the agents again. I ever experienced my another ex maid writing a letter to my current maid asking her to cherish the work here and don't be like her, going to HK got more salary but regretted. I was puzzled. Maids in HK very jialat meh? Expectation issues?

Anyway, now I'm searching for a new maid and possibly considering a vietnamese / burmese maid. Has anyone used them before or knows where to get them? I assume they more expensive than Indo maids? I just realised there's vietnamese maids when my relatives told me about it during CNY gathering, saying they are quite ok?

But when I checked with my previous maid agencies, none of them do vietnamese / burmese. I only know near my office, there's a place for vietnamese brides.....not maids. [thumbsup]

Appreciate any contacts / advise from anyone. Thanks.

Me too. looking for Burmese maid.

My Indon maid after making a call home on Hari Raya Haji, she completely turn around after working 1 year. Suddenly slow in her work, forgetful and telling my wf that something is disturbing her in her mind. No choice but send her back and get a new one which is [:(][:(], Totally couldn't understand simple english .....

My last Indon is [thumbsup] for she been working for me for the past 6 years, Going back to get married due to their parent orders......... [shocked]

Nowadays, the Indon maids standard are [thumbsdown]

Had experiences with Burmese, simply CMI, English damm jialat. With Indo still can get through with some Bahasa. Vietnamese never heard of them coming over as maids.

Maids in HK though paid higher are expected to pay for many things themselves, so end up might be same as Singapore if not worse off.

Yap, I did ask for Vet/Burmese maid at the maid agency. At that time, I was told they were harder to come by and many of them couldn't speak basic English.

1 Ex-maid and the current Maid worked in HK before. They told me good money, the ex-maid returned to HK and the current one got visa problem so can't get in there again so ended up with us. Both speak quite good cantonese. The current one used to work in a HK family that got 3 maids. Her ex-employer runs a chain of chinese medicine shops.

Taiwan also not bad, heard maids have free medical benefits including dental check-up too.

Regards,

same here too bro....My ex-maid of 3.5yrs left us for Taiwan becos she heard from her cousin that the pay there was so much better....something like abt S$700/mth.....Just days ago before CNY, she sms-ed me to ask whether got any job lobang for her in SG anot....haiyo~.....

same here too bro....My ex-maid of 3.5yrs left us for Taiwan becos she heard from her cousin that the pay there was so much better....something like abt S$700/mth.....Just days ago before CNY, she sms-ed me to ask whether got any job lobang for her in SG anot....haiyo~.....

Since working for you for 3.5 years, is she good. Mine work is just doing the house work and looking after my MIL.

Edited by Picnic06

My ex filipina maid was better... during her four years with me, very well behaved, serious church going.... she gets day off when ever she wants... real good worker... then she went home in November,... we all missed her... she got married and now is back in singapore as an expat wife...so happy for her.

Neutral Newbie

Unfortunately more and more of maid problems and issues appearing. General trend now with all of them is they want to go back (or stepping stone to HK, Middle East,...) before completing the 2 years. This a problem with no resolution in sight as long as you need a maid (both parents working with young children, or old folks at home to be taken care of).

My current maid is from Myamar (Burma). To cut story short. Neber again [thumbsdown] Cannot understand simple english. Also don't understand a word she says (or try to say) in english. Can't talk to her on the phone to give instructions or ask anything. Close to end of contract soon. Thank God. CO gets frustrated when the maid does things wrong. Maybe my bad luck. But I wouldn't get a burmese one again.

My 2 cts. [scholar]

Edited by Topgun

Supercharged

grass is always greener elsewhere.

my sis ex-maid just got employed by an expat in spore. every sun off. now lookg at workg for local employer again.

my fren 1st maid is filipino, showed her tail after 6mths. fren changed for a burmese maid who is university grad. nvr looked back and recommended me the agency.

You must under-the-stand.

Maids of whatever nationality usuually CMI...or else why be maids in the first place?

If you were to look at their respective countries which they came from...you will definitely have a better under-the-standing as to WHY THEY ARE LIKE THAT?

With the high expectations of many SINKIES, most if not all of the maids will fall into the CMI category.

You eithier have to lower your expectations and live with the 'changing of maids' if you were ever to keep employing one!

=================================================================

Hell!...let's don't even talk about maids...many Sinkies also fall into the CMI categeory themselves!

grass is always greener elsewhere.

my sis ex-maid just got employed by an expat in spore. every sun off. now lookg at workg for local employer again.

my fren 1st maid is filipino, showed her tail after 6mths. fren changed for a burmese maid who is university grad. nvr looked back and recommended me the agency.

Which agency ? PM me..... [wave]

Thats wat i told my mom when she is angry that the maid does something stupid.

I told her, "If they r so smart, they would not be here working as our maid now"

Also, give me a dumb maid over a smart one anytime. [sweatdrop]

Thats wat i told my mom when she is angry that the maid does something stupid.

I told her, "If they r so smart, they would not be here working as our maid now"

Also, give me a dumb maid over a smart one anytime. [sweatdrop]

Correct...sometimes i spend more time doing CSI than having a maid who actually gives me more relaxation....this one maid of mine, have to keep eyes and toes on her..else she go wild... [bounce1][bounce1][bounce1]

Unker, its not the agency, its the maid themselves [gossip]

Best not to find one that is chio...the more chio, the more lazy.

My previous maid was quite a looker, but the problem is, she very good @ chao keng + cut corners when working.

Filipina?...sure, she's 'well behaved' in front of your eyes!

Some are smart...can speakala ENGLAND....too smart for their own good! :D

She is geniunely well behaved....... and I truly believe she stayed a virgin until she got married.... she is really a very good girl....