Buying a car without COE

Friendstar

I know it has been mentioned briefly a few times.

But is there any AD who allows that?

what about PI? since PI are so competitive, i reckon they'll allow us to use our own COE?

↡ Advertisement

actually my in-law.

she bidded cat B COE $1k.

she did it without me knowing. now my OC asking on her behalf.

is it possible to buy without COE?

what about PI? since PI are so competitive, i reckon they'll allow us to use our own COE?

not wise to get from PI. but if die die have to buy from them, be very careful. these are cunning ppl that you will be dealing with. its like walking into a tiger den.

Sure you can buy car w/o COE from any AD. Just take their price list and less out the price they charge for COE.

For example, Avante manual is selling $36999 and COE rebate is $500. So if you buy w/o COE it will be $36499. [thumbsup]

Don't expect them to minus out the actual COE.

They will minus the actual COE amount.

i.e to say a car with COE is 50k. Let say they bid the COE at 10k. therefore is 50k-10k = 40k.

All dealers, AD or PI has a list price

Not coe rebate lar, that is ypur discount for letting them bid the coe for you.

Actually as long as you can get a PI with ready stock, pay a deposit, agree on time frame they hold the car for you, and happy bidding. IE to say you pay for their storage cost.

managed to less the actual coe from the offer price given by AD, it is transparent

but now coe is already so low, not worth the trouble unless less more than the actual orice of coe.

then again, AD n PI r not kong kum.

My neighbour bid his own coe & get the $2 coe.

He went to tan chong & brought a latio at 44K,omv 17K.

I bid for my own COE... and got the car minus the price of the COE the car is pegged at ( $9k ). Secured the loan and Bidded $5001.. and got it! Save myself $4K. The rebate level is far down than that...

I think it's a good deal!.... Had I gotten a lower COE now, it will not be good since the car will registered as Off peak Car. With 16K OMV, I still have small value on the car ( uniquely Singapore! ) rather than 0...

The advice would be better to secure a loan first before trying to bid your own COE. You would not want to be stuck with a COE but not getting the loan that you need.

Neutral Newbie

I bid for my own COE... and got the car minus the price of the COE the car is pegged at ( $9k ). Secured the loan and Bidded $5001.. and got it! Save myself $4K. The rebate level is far down than that...

I think it's a good deal!.... Had I gotten a lower COE now, it will not be good since the car will registered as Off peak Car. With 16K OMV, I still have small value on the car ( uniquely Singapore! ) rather than 0...

The advice would be better to secure a loan first before trying to bid your own COE. You would not want to be stuck with a COE but not getting the loan that you need.

Congras....

Maybe it would be wonderful if you can share the "steps" that you had taken...for the benefit of all bro here hoping to do so as well

bid COE...gotten it...

Go to AD (maybe can share experience which AD / PI is open to such deal...or simply go to the AD with car of your choice..then nego...)

Sorry to TS, OT abit. What happen if after 6 months and one lets the COE lapses, will one gets the 10k deposit minus the COE back?

↡ Advertisement